The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update to Taflinar/Mekinest Round 2

Forums General Melanoma Community Update to Taflinar/Mekinest Round 2

Participant

Well.. My update to my last post is not how I thought it would be.. My husband tried a second round of Taf/Mek after it failing the 1st time. He made it 12 weeks this time. He had a repeat MRI and catscan After having to take him to the e.r. For severe head and ear pain. He was admitted due to complications to the progression of the disease. Even on treatment he developed new brain mets, total of 18 now. Ranging in size 10mm all the way up to 3x3cm and is starting to invade the dura on his right temporal lobe..All mets now have started all to hemorrhage. An increase in steroids and anti seizure meds seem to be doing nothing!! Docs are not hopeful being that he is almost 1 year diagnosed. This disease is horrible!!! 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lee Parlier
        Participant

Yes it is. Many prayers for you, him and your family. Keep fighting

Lee Parlier
          Participant

Lee Parlier
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics