The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update- the really great and the side effects

Forums General Melanoma Community Update- the really great and the side effects

Participant
      Got my 6-week post surgery scan results. STILL NED!!! That’s the really great.

The side effects were secondary adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroidism due to combination treatment wiping out that part of my pituitary.

I am thrilled to be NED!!! I hope this clinical trial leads to better treatments for the future. I also hope they figure out how to control the side effects. I’m good with taking replacement therapy for the rest of my life, but I know they are trying to dial back these types of side effects.

Here’s to everyone one the board! Hope all is well with you.

Lucy

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Lucy, glad to hear scans are good. Now, did you do Ipi+Vx-15 as neoadjuvant treatment and are now moving on to Nivo? Or did you have Nivo+ new drug from the start? Best Wishes!!! Ed
            Lucygoose
            Participant
              Hi

I was on Ipi+Vx-15 and am moving on to Nivo. I did have a complete pathological response with the Ipi+Vx-15

Linny
            Participant
              So pleased to hear about the NED status!!!! YAY!!!
              Bubbles
              Participant
                So sorry for the side effects. But YAY!!! For the NED! Way to gut it out!! You are an awesome rattie!!! c
                lkb
                Participant
                  Still NED–yes, ma’m! Wonderful news!
              Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics