The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on the Scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on the Scan

Participant
      I finished Yervoy treatment at the beginning of April. I had scans every two months. Last scan was on Saturday and I saw my oncologist today. Lung nodules shrunk after the treatment, but there are a few very small left after the treatment. This is my third scan after I finished the treatment, and all scans so far are stable. My oncologist said it is very good, and my next scan is in three months. I do not know what to think.
      Thanks,
      Liberty
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

That sounds awesome to me. Stable is great. I know one guy who was one of the first on yervoy has the same shrank stable tumors for over 10 years.

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

That sounds awesome to me. Stable is great. I know one guy who was one of the first on yervoy has the same shrank stable tumors for over 10 years.

Artie

Scooby123
              Participant

Hi there so pleased for you. I had ippi treatment finished in July they scanned me early needed to see if the response I got was not just from treatment they wanted to see  that after a month still the same so not sure when my next scan is but hoping for more reduction or stable would be great. I had 50% reduction in my tumours what was yours and were you have them. 

All the best  scooby

hope you ok Artie ❤️❤️❤️

liberty04281
                Participant
                  I thank everyone for the support.
                  Liberty
                  liberty04281
                  Participant
                    Liberty
                    liberty04281
                    Participant
                      Liberty
                      Scooby123
                      Participant

Hi there so pleased for you. I had ippi treatment finished in July they scanned me early needed to see if the response I got was not just from treatment they wanted to see  that after a month still the same so not sure when my next scan is but hoping for more reduction or stable would be great. I had 50% reduction in my tumours what was yours and were you have them. 

All the best  scooby

hope you ok Artie ❤️❤️❤️

Scooby123
                        Participant

All the best  scooby

hope you ok Artie ❤️❤️❤️

liberty04281
                          Participant
                            It is great!
                            Thank you Artie,hoping there will be some type of treatment for you too.
                            Liberty
                            liberty04281
                            Participant
                              It is great!
                              Liberty
                              liberty04281
                              Participant
                                It is great!
                                Liberty
                                arthurjedi007
                                Participant

Thank you. I'm doing ok now. My local doc gave me my opdivo pd1 last Monday and within a day most of my pain levels dropped a lot. Still a lot in my left leg but my back and hips feel much better.

Since I was off it for 4 weeks he noticed things got worse. Like the huge one on my shoulder is bigger and no longer soft. He said to get my strength back over the next 2 weeks then we'll start what mda wants to do.

Kind of odd because mda told me they wanted keytruda plus abraxane. But they told my local doc keytruda plus some triple chemo he used to do over 20 years ago. Starts with c and d and v. So we shall see. As long as my local doc says it might be worth a try to do this old plus new school combo then I'll give it a try. But if he says it isn't then I won't do it. From what I read that triple chemo will be rough but the side affects go away after a few weeks of being off it. The abraxane side affects seem to be less than the triple.

Havent heard yet about my spine which is why I couldn't get in the trial but I'm still waiting to get a copy of the scans. My local doc said not to believe everything in a scan report like where it said there was a defect in the vetebroplasty I had done last summer. So once I get the scans they can see what's really going on. At least I no longer have that back pain which is great.

Thanks for asking.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                  Participant

Thank you. I'm doing ok now. My local doc gave me my opdivo pd1 last Monday and within a day most of my pain levels dropped a lot. Still a lot in my left leg but my back and hips feel much better.

Since I was off it for 4 weeks he noticed things got worse. Like the huge one on my shoulder is bigger and no longer soft. He said to get my strength back over the next 2 weeks then we'll start what mda wants to do.

Kind of odd because mda told me they wanted keytruda plus abraxane. But they told my local doc keytruda plus some triple chemo he used to do over 20 years ago. Starts with c and d and v. So we shall see. As long as my local doc says it might be worth a try to do this old plus new school combo then I'll give it a try. But if he says it isn't then I won't do it. From what I read that triple chemo will be rough but the side affects go away after a few weeks of being off it. The abraxane side affects seem to be less than the triple.

Havent heard yet about my spine which is why I couldn't get in the trial but I'm still waiting to get a copy of the scans. My local doc said not to believe everything in a scan report like where it said there was a defect in the vetebroplasty I had done last summer. So once I get the scans they can see what's really going on. At least I no longer have that back pain which is great.

Thanks for asking.

Artie

liberty04281
                                    Participant
                                      I am glad you are doing OK now.
                                      Liberty
                                      liberty04281
                                      Participant
                                        Liberty
                                        liberty04281
                                        Participant
                                          Liberty
                                          arthurjedi007
                                          Participant

Thanks for asking.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                          Participant

Artie

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics