The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

update on scan result

Forums General Melanoma Community update on scan result

Participant

Well, bad news. It grows over the limit that we set.

Do not have many options left and, really do not want to disencourage all friends.

But the reality is the reality I have to face. Let's see how far I can push.

Best wishes,

Viewing 47 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Oh, D. Feng, I am so, so, sorry. I know this was not at all what you wanted or deserved to hear. I remember your original lesion was ocular…and that doesn't always respond the way cutaneous melanoma does. Perhaps those on the board dealing with it may have helpful advice. I remain hopeful that your docs will be able to find a winning treatment for you. I will be keeping you and yours in my heart. Hang in there. Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Oh, D. Feng, I am so, so, sorry. I know this was not at all what you wanted or deserved to hear. I remember your original lesion was ocular…and that doesn't always respond the way cutaneous melanoma does. Perhaps those on the board dealing with it may have helpful advice. I remain hopeful that your docs will be able to find a winning treatment for you. I will be keeping you and yours in my heart. Hang in there. Celeste

Bubbles
              Participant

PS….I looked back on Suzanne Lescure's bio. She is an amazing lady who was diagnosed with ocular melanoma in 2003. She did bio-chem with IL-2 in 2006, after developing mel in lungs and lymph nodes and it seems she has been NED ever since. Perhaps she can offer more info. I know IL2 is a risky, harsh, 'old school' treatment in some ways…but hey…when it works there are some pretty durable responses. Some folks also see improvement with chemo, immuno, or radio embolization to liver mets. Perhaps these are some options you could talk with your doc about. Yours, celeste

Bubbles
                Participant

PS….I looked back on Suzanne Lescure's bio. She is an amazing lady who was diagnosed with ocular melanoma in 2003. She did bio-chem with IL-2 in 2006, after developing mel in lungs and lymph nodes and it seems she has been NED ever since. Perhaps she can offer more info. I know IL2 is a risky, harsh, 'old school' treatment in some ways…but hey…when it works there are some pretty durable responses. Some folks also see improvement with chemo, immuno, or radio embolization to liver mets. Perhaps these are some options you could talk with your doc about. Yours, celeste

Bubbles
                  Participant

Bubbles
                  Participant

BrianP
                    Participant

I'm sorry dfeng.  I can't remember your specifics but I was curious if you've talked to MSK.  It sounds like they are doing some pretty cutting edge stuff with genetic analysis and personalized treatment.  I wish you well. 

Brian

BrianP
                      Participant

I'm sorry dfeng.  I can't remember your specifics but I was curious if you've talked to MSK.  It sounds like they are doing some pretty cutting edge stuff with genetic analysis and personalized treatment.  I wish you well. 

Brian

BrianP
                        Participant

Brian

_Paul_
                          Participant

I am truly sorry to hear this news D. Feng.

I can't remember if you ever considered TIL. I know it is a tough treatment, and you have to have a certain level of health to undergo it. Did you ever discuss it with your doctor?

Wishing the best for you – Paul

_Paul_
                            Participant

I can't remember if you ever considered TIL. I know it is a tough treatment, and you have to have a certain level of health to undergo it. Did you ever discuss it with your doctor?

_Paul_
                              Participant

Mat
                                Participant

Sorry to hear.  I'll take a shot in the dark.  Having been to MSK and MDA, I believe your trial required HLA testing.  The same HLA type for your trial (which I assume you have) is required for a trial being run by Dr. Yee at MDA.  (I did not have the "right" HLA type for either trial.). The trial combines ipi with a TIL-like procedure, but it is not as intensive as TIL.  You can likely find the trial on MDA's website.  Again the investigator is Cassian Yee.

Mat
                                  Participant

Sorry to hear.  I'll take a shot in the dark.  Having been to MSK and MDA, I believe your trial required HLA testing.  The same HLA type for your trial (which I assume you have) is required for a trial being run by Dr. Yee at MDA.  (I did not have the "right" HLA type for either trial.). The trial combines ipi with a TIL-like procedure, but it is not as intensive as TIL.  You can likely find the trial on MDA's website.  Again the investigator is Cassian Yee.

Mat
                                    Participant

Scooby123
                                      Participant

So sorry Dfeng, you keep pushing and pushing, some of the guys have mentioned some other treatments that would be worth looking in too. It's draining when you are not responding to treatment and not sure of what step to take next, but right every thing down regarding treatments that you have not had and speak to your docs regarding possibility of treatments.we are all here for you lots with more knowledge on treatments and experience . It's all new too me dealing with this but would not know what to do with out you guys.

Remember keep pushing

scooby❤️

Scooby123
                                        Participant

So sorry Dfeng, you keep pushing and pushing, some of the guys have mentioned some other treatments that would be worth looking in too. It's draining when you are not responding to treatment and not sure of what step to take next, but right every thing down regarding treatments that you have not had and speak to your docs regarding possibility of treatments.we are all here for you lots with more knowledge on treatments and experience . It's all new too me dealing with this but would not know what to do with out you guys.

Remember keep pushing

scooby❤️

Scooby123
                                          Participant

Remember keep pushing

scooby❤️

ed williams
                                            Participant

Hi D.Feng, I am wondering what drug trial are you on? The reason I ask is that you said in one of your earlier post that you were starting DC3 or something like that. I know with some of the new Immunotherapy drugs that pseudoprogression does occur where there is no early signs of tumor shrinkage but the patient feels good and when left on the drug they eventually develop tumor shrinkage and durable responses. I hope this is what is happening for you. Best Wishes!!! Ed

ed williams
                                              Participant

Hi D.Feng, I am wondering what drug trial are you on? The reason I ask is that you said in one of your earlier post that you were starting DC3 or something like that. I know with some of the new Immunotherapy drugs that pseudoprogression does occur where there is no early signs of tumor shrinkage but the patient feels good and when left on the drug they eventually develop tumor shrinkage and durable responses. I hope this is what is happening for you. Best Wishes!!! Ed

ed williams
                                                Participant

Squash
                                                    Participant

Thats interesting Ed.

I have had a lot of progression on Keytruda yet i always feel good after the infusion.

I wonder if i may be a late responder.

Anyway i am going on the combo shortly so we will see what happens then.

My only side effects were a bit of gastro but not real bad just constipation and gas.

Squash
                                                      Participant

Thats interesting Ed.

I have had a lot of progression on Keytruda yet i always feel good after the infusion.

My only side effects were a bit of gastro but not real bad just constipation and gas.

Squash
                                                        Participant

Thats interesting Ed.

eric w
                                                          Participant

oops…sorry see that is what you are doing….

eric w
                                                            Participant

eric w
                                                              Participant

jamieth29
                                                              Participant
                                                                Damn…whats it take for a guy to catch a break? Here is a link to trial at NIH

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01814046?term=melanoma&recr=Recruiting&cond=ocular&rank=2

jamieth29
                                                                Participant

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01814046?term=melanoma&recr=Recruiting&cond=ocular&rank=2

jamieth29
                                                                  Participant

jenny22
                                                                    Participant

D. Feng-

Just wanted to say how sorry i am for your scan results …..I see others have sent somet trial links..I hope something proves to be your "magic bullet".

For now just sending good thoughts and hopes for some improvement,.

keep us posted.

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                      Participant

D. Feng-

Just wanted to say how sorry i am for your scan results …..I see others have sent somet trial links..I hope something proves to be your "magic bullet".

keep us posted.

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                        Participant

D. Feng-

keep us posted.

best,

jenny

JuTMSY4
                                                                          Participant

Really sorry to hear this.  Options are growing and it looks many have suggested quite a few.  I appreciate your outlook and I think you have the right spirit to handle this.

-Justin

JuTMSY4
                                                                            Participant

Really sorry to hear this.  Options are growing and it looks many have suggested quite a few.  I appreciate your outlook and I think you have the right spirit to handle this.

-Justin

JuTMSY4
                                                                              Participant

-Justin

Rita and Charles
                                                                                Participant

Don't stop D.Feng………..push, rest………then gather all your strength and supporters, push more. I'll be thinking of you…….

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                                                                  Participant

Don't stop D.Feng………..push, rest………then gather all your strength and supporters, push more. I'll be thinking of you…….

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                                                                    Participant

Rita

Maureen038
                                                                                        Participant

I agree with you everyone, but especially Rita and Charles. Take a breath, rest and then check with all the top specialists for options. My husband has been close to your spot, but we kept looking for places that had other options. I truly wish you the best!!! This disease sucks!!!! Also read Gratitude by Oliver Sacks. He had ocular melanoma for 10 years. He lived for another year when he was told he was terminal and had the best attitude and decided to continue to do important work that furthered his legacy. Please take care and know many people care about you.

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                          Participant

I agree with you everyone, but especially Rita and Charles. Take a breath, rest and then check with all the top specialists for options. My husband has been close to your spot, but we kept looking for places that had other options. I truly wish you the best!!! This disease sucks!!!! Also read Gratitude by Oliver Sacks. He had ocular melanoma for 10 years. He lived for another year when he was told he was terminal and had the best attitude and decided to continue to do important work that furthered his legacy. Please take care and know many people care about you.

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                            Participant

Maureen

Squash
                                                                                            Participant

You always have options left as long as you are breathing.

If mainstream medicine doesnt have anything why not try some altermative treatments.

Cannabis oil /hyperthermia, vitamins etc Go to a cancer clinic in Mexico or Germany etc. There are also off label drugs that have put stage 4 folks into remission like tagamet cimiditene and metaformin celebrex etc

I would try everything it doesnt really matter at this stage.

Good luck.

Squash
                                                                                              Participant

If mainstream medicine doesnt have anything why not try some altermative treatments.

Cannabis oil /hyperthermia, vitamins etc Go to a cancer clinic in Mexico or Germany etc. There are also off label drugs that have put stage 4 folks into remission like tagamet cimiditene and metaformin celebrex etc

Good luck.

Squash
                                                                                                Participant

Good luck.

Momofjake
                                                                                                  Participant

Don't give up. I hate melanoma. I hate the decisions. I hate all I now know about it in 18 short months. We all just seemed to have been randomly "picked". You are very supported and loved and lifted by many fighting along side you. Good scans, bad scans, laying in a bed, out living the best possible….all fighting to beat this beast. All here to help carry you on the bad days. You will know what to do next and you will have support in any decision you make! We all know the decisions are HARD!! 

With love,

Kerri–momofjake

Momofjake
                                                                                                    Participant

Don't give up. I hate melanoma. I hate the decisions. I hate all I now know about it in 18 short months. We all just seemed to have been randomly "picked". You are very supported and loved and lifted by many fighting along side you. Good scans, bad scans, laying in a bed, out living the best possible….all fighting to beat this beast. All here to help carry you on the bad days. You will know what to do next and you will have support in any decision you make! We all know the decisions are HARD!! 

With love,

Kerri–momofjake

Momofjake
                                                                                                      Participant

With love,

Kerri–momofjake

AshleyS
                                                                                                        Participant

D. Feng,

You are such a fighter. Keep going! Prayers that you find the treatment. 

Ashley

AshleyS
                                                                                                          Participant

D. Feng,

Ashley

AshleyS
                                                                                                            Participant

D. Feng,

Ashley

Rita and Charles
                                                                                                              Participant

How are you Dfeng??

Rita and Charles
                                                                                                                Participant

How are you Dfeng??

Rita and Charles
                                                                                                                  Participant

How are you Dfeng??

dfeng
                                                                                                                    Participant

Thank you all for kindly and warm help.

I am still waiting for next treatment to be settled, and will update you when some deceision is made.

I am in more pain, that is quite common, and my fluid in belly accumulates very quick, well that is common too, since my tumor burden is heavy.

Energy level dropps faster than I expected, weight is slowly but firmly going down too.

I am still working for 3 days a week. Try to focus on the job helps to distract the pain and keep me energic.

Best wishes to all!

dfeng
                                                                                                                      Participant

I am still waiting for next treatment to be settled, and will update you when some deceision is made.

I am in more pain, that is quite common, and my fluid in belly accumulates very quick, well that is common too, since my tumor burden is heavy.

Energy level dropps faster than I expected, weight is slowly but firmly going down too.

I am still working for 3 days a week. Try to focus on the job helps to distract the pain and keep me energic.

Best wishes to all!

dfeng
                                                                                                                        Participant

Best wishes to all!

Kare83
                                                                                                                            Participant

Thinking of you and hope there is something out there that will work for you! Keep strong!! x

Kare83
                                                                                                                              Participant

Thinking of you and hope there is something out there that will work for you! Keep strong!! x

Kare83
                                                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 47 reply threads
                                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics