The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on My Jim

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on My Jim

Participant

It has been a roller coaster lately.  Jim as some of you know has been in and out of VA ER for several weeks.  They did emergency surgery on Friday around noon.(he had only about 36 hrs left)  No time even for scans…they could see the hole.  They did a resection.  They were hoping to do further work but he was very unstable during the surgery,  His stomach was filled with blood and bile.  There are still 12 to 13 tumors which will most likely do the same thing.  They were hoping to remove more and give him a bag….but at this point that does not lo

It has been a roller coaster lately.  Jim as some of you know has been in and out of VA ER for several weeks.  They did emergency surgery on Friday around noon.(he had only about 36 hrs left)  No time even for scans…they could see the hole.  They did a resection.  They were hoping to do further work but he was very unstable during the surgery,  His stomach was filled with blood and bile.  There are still 12 to 13 tumors which will most likely do the same thing.  They were hoping to remove more and give him a bag….but at this point that does not look likely;  His stomach is open with gauze over it.  It has to heal from the inside out…He will be here for 7 to 20 days…then they will send Home Health Care out to chnage and clean the area.  The doctor will set him up on some good medications for pain and break thru pain.  And we will try to give him the best QUALITY AND PAIN FREE TIME LEFT FOR HIM.  Jim had 4 years 2 months of great quality time, which is what he wanted, ..I don't think the doctor has told him about the other tumors, nor have I since he has been in ICU….but I think he probably know there are more.  We pray and ask for your prayers for a pain free holiday season, seeing many family members, making some few final joyous memories…

I will keep everyone one informed on things as it happens.  Thank you for being here for me.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

Viewing 27 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rebecca and Bob
        Participant

Sherron,

So sorry to hear this, I pray that Jim has no pain during this time. That is terrible news and so close to home for me. It's good that Jim had so much quality time before. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Rebecca

Sherron
            Participant

i KNOW IT CLOSE TO HOME FOR YOU REBECCA,  I PRAY ALL IS WELL WITH BOB AND IT'S NOT BACK IN THE INTESTINES.  MY PRAYERS ARAE WITH YOU.

TAKE CARE,

SSHERRON, WIFE TO JIM

Sherron
              Participant

i KNOW IT CLOSE TO HOME FOR YOU REBECCA,  I PRAY ALL IS WELL WITH BOB AND IT'S NOT BACK IN THE INTESTINES.  MY PRAYERS ARAE WITH YOU.

TAKE CARE,

SSHERRON, WIFE TO JIM

Rebecca and Bob
              Participant

Sherron,

So sorry to hear this, I pray that Jim has no pain during this time. That is terrible news and so close to home for me. It's good that Jim had so much quality time before. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Rebecca

JohnHen
                Participant

Sherron,

I pray that you and Jim will be carried through this most difficult time and that peace, joy and love will be rained down upon you both.

John

JohnHen
                  Participant

Sherron,

I pray that you and Jim will be carried through this most difficult time and that peace, joy and love will be rained down upon you both.

John

Janner
                    Participant

Thoughts are with you and Jim, Sherron.  Best wishes for good pain control as well!

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
                      Participant

Thoughts are with you and Jim, Sherron.  Best wishes for good pain control as well!

Best wishes,

Janner

MichaelFL
                        Participant

As you yourself said- "Jim had 4 years 2 months of great quality time, which is what he wanted", That is waht counts.

Sending you both best wishes that everything goes as pain free as possible from here on out.

Michael

MichaelFL
                          Participant

As you yourself said- "Jim had 4 years 2 months of great quality time, which is what he wanted", That is waht counts.

Sending you both best wishes that everything goes as pain free as possible from here on out.

Michael

James from Sydney
                            Participant

Sherron it pains me to read this but i do know it gets to a point where we do not want to see our loved ones suffer. I know it pains them to see us suffer as well. They will give him Meds that will make him comfortable. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

James

James from Sydney
                              Participant

Sherron it pains me to read this but i do know it gets to a point where we do not want to see our loved ones suffer. I know it pains them to see us suffer as well. They will give him Meds that will make him comfortable. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

James

Cate
                                Participant

Thinking of you and your family.  I hope Jim can be pain free and you can have new holiday memories to cherish.

Cate
                                  Participant

Thinking of you and your family.  I hope Jim can be pain free and you can have new holiday memories to cherish.

Linda/Kentucky
                                    Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news.  I know there are no words to help with the grieving but please know there are prayers being said and that is better than kind words.  I pray you find peace throughout this final stage and yes make memories.  My husband and I kind of have this running joke by saying " were making memories aren't we" and yes we certainly are.  Time is precious so enjoy every single second God gives him.

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
                                      Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news.  I know there are no words to help with the grieving but please know there are prayers being said and that is better than kind words.  I pray you find peace throughout this final stage and yes make memories.  My husband and I kind of have this running joke by saying " were making memories aren't we" and yes we certainly are.  Time is precious so enjoy every single second God gives him.

Linda/Kentucky

Laurie from maine
                                        Participant

Hi,

My heart goes out to you both.  You are in my prayers.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                          Participant

Hi,

My heart goes out to you both.  You are in my prayers.

laurie from maine

jag
                                            Participant

Sherron, I am very sorry to hear this news.  

Prayers for a pain free holiday season have been said.

John

jag
                                              Participant

Sherron, I am very sorry to hear this news.  

Prayers for a pain free holiday season have been said.

John

JenC
                                                Participant
                                                  I will pray for peace for Jim and your family!
                                                  JenC
                                                  Participant
                                                    I will pray for peace for Jim and your family!
                                                    Fen
                                                    Participant

Sending you good thoughts for lots of family at the holidays.  Keeping you both in my prayers.

Fen

Fen
                                                      Participant

Sending you good thoughts for lots of family at the holidays.  Keeping you both in my prayers.

Fen

JuleFL
                                                        Participant

Sherron,

I am so sorry to hear of Jim's recent ordeal.  I'm glad you were able to spend the quality time with him and wish you two peace and joy with your family this holiday season.  Prayers are coming your way.  God Bless.

Jule

Sherron
                                                            Participant

Thank you Jule….I know your pain in fresh. 

Take  c are of yourself.

ssssherron, wife to JIm

Sherron
                                                              Participant

Thank you Jule….I know your pain in fresh. 

Take  c are of yourself.

ssssherron, wife to JIm

JuleFL
                                                              Participant

Sherron,

I am so sorry to hear of Jim's recent ordeal.  I'm glad you were able to spend the quality time with him and wish you two peace and joy with your family this holiday season.  Prayers are coming your way.  God Bless.

Jule

Sherron
                                                                Participant

Thank you all for your prayers.   It means a great deal to me.  I am almost sick from lack of sleep….He is stable for now

The kids have made me come home to rest, so I can start fresh tomorrow.  This is so hard.  I feel like the air is being sucked out of my lungs, like I can't    breathe.  Later- my friends, and thank you ALL.

TAKE CARE,

SHERRON, WIFE TO JIM

Sherron
                                                                  Participant

Thank you all for your prayers.   It means a great deal to me.  I am almost sick from lack of sleep….He is stable for now

The kids have made me come home to rest, so I can start fresh tomorrow.  This is so hard.  I feel like the air is being sucked out of my lungs, like I can't    breathe.  Later- my friends, and thank you ALL.

TAKE CARE,

SHERRON, WIFE TO JIM

Niki
                                                                    Participant

Thinking of you and Jim, Sherron.

Niki (Wife of Joe)

Niki
                                                                      Participant

Thinking of you and Jim, Sherron.

Niki (Wife of Joe)

Viewing 27 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics