The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on my husband

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on my husband

Participant

Four years ago we got the call from the doctor that Mark had Melanoma.  I didn't even know what it was – I sure didn't realize the nastiness of it.  After multiple surgeries and drugs we are now at the place we have been dreading for these past years.

I'm losing the best husband and the kids are losing the best Dad.  He will be missed, yet he lives on in the many people whose lives he's touched.

The end is very near.  He wanted me to post and say how much MPIP meant to him and how he appreciated the support he received here.

Four years ago we got the call from the doctor that Mark had Melanoma.  I didn't even know what it was – I sure didn't realize the nastiness of it.  After multiple surgeries and drugs we are now at the place we have been dreading for these past years.

I'm losing the best husband and the kids are losing the best Dad.  He will be missed, yet he lives on in the many people whose lives he's touched.

The end is very near.  He wanted me to post and say how much MPIP meant to him and how he appreciated the support he received here.

I'll love him forever.

Terri, wife of Mark

Viewing 31 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jackie W
        Participant

I am so sorry and sad to hear this.  Enjoyed many good conversations with Mark in chat.

Jackie W, widow of Herb

Jackie W
          Participant

I am so sorry and sad to hear this.  Enjoyed many good conversations with Mark in chat.

Jackie W, widow of Herb

lhaley
            Participant

I am so sorry, I hope he is not in pain.  Mark posted a few weeks ago saying that he was going into hospice care. This disease is so terrible and is so hard on loved ones.

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

I am so sorry, I hope he is not in pain.  Mark posted a few weeks ago saying that he was going into hospice care. This disease is so terrible and is so hard on loved ones.

Linda

Everymoment
                Participant
                  We are thinking about you and your family.
                  Everymoment
                  Participant
                    We are thinking about you and your family.
                    Fen
                    Participant

Oh Terri, I'm so sorry.  This awful disease takes some of the best. Prayers to you, Mark, and your family.

Fen
                      Participant

Oh Terri, I'm so sorry.  This awful disease takes some of the best. Prayers to you, Mark, and your family.

Linda/Kentucky
                        Participant

You are so right this is such a nasty disease….I to did not realize how bad this type cancer is and I'm a registered nurse.  You hear about melanoma but you never hear how hard it is to treat.  You hear about so many people with breast cancer and all the hype it gets but how much do you actually hear about melanoma?  How many black ribbons do you see people wearing?  Please don't anybody take what I'm saying wrong,  it is still cancer and an awful disease too, but people seem to respond better to the treatments for breast cancer unlike melanoma.

I am so sorry for what you are going through or about to go through.  My prayers are that you find peace in the memories you have with your husband.  I'm sure you have been a very supportive,loving caregiver through this journey.  God bless you and give you strength~

Linda/Kentucky
                          Participant

You are so right this is such a nasty disease….I to did not realize how bad this type cancer is and I'm a registered nurse.  You hear about melanoma but you never hear how hard it is to treat.  You hear about so many people with breast cancer and all the hype it gets but how much do you actually hear about melanoma?  How many black ribbons do you see people wearing?  Please don't anybody take what I'm saying wrong,  it is still cancer and an awful disease too, but people seem to respond better to the treatments for breast cancer unlike melanoma.

I am so sorry for what you are going through or about to go through.  My prayers are that you find peace in the memories you have with your husband.  I'm sure you have been a very supportive,loving caregiver through this journey.  God bless you and give you strength~

DebbieH
                            Participant

I am so sorry to hear this, Terri. 

Mark used to be in chat quite often long ago and he helped many people there.  He often spoke of his family and how important all of you are to him.  This is just a terrible disease.  Please let him know that he's in our thoughts and prayers, as all of you are. 

DebbieH

DebbieH
                              Participant

I am so sorry to hear this, Terri. 

Mark used to be in chat quite often long ago and he helped many people there.  He often spoke of his family and how important all of you are to him.  This is just a terrible disease.  Please let him know that he's in our thoughts and prayers, as all of you are. 

DebbieH

James from Sydney
                                Participant

Terri, i am so sorry to hear this news about Mark he reached out and offered advice to many here including me when my son was trying to fight a couple of years ago. Our thoughts are with all your family, 

James

James from Sydney
                                  Participant

Terri, i am so sorry to hear this news about Mark he reached out and offered advice to many here including me when my son was trying to fight a couple of years ago. Our thoughts are with all your family, 

James

triciad
                                    Participant

Terri,

I am so sorry to hear about Mark's condition.  I, too, am from NJ.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Melanoma sucks!

Tricia

triciad
                                      Participant

Terri,

I am so sorry to hear about Mark's condition.  I, too, am from NJ.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Melanoma sucks!

Tricia

triciad
                                        Participant

Terri,

Tricia

triciad
                                          Participant

Terri,

Tricia

Lori C
                                            Participant

Terri, I am so sad to hear this.  I know he fought this awful disease (as did you) very hard.   I know there are no words that will really bring comfort.  Please know you are in my thoughts & prayers.

Lori C
                                              Participant

Terri, I am so sad to hear this.  I know he fought this awful disease (as did you) very hard.   I know there are no words that will really bring comfort.  Please know you are in my thoughts & prayers.

MariaH
                                                Participant

I am so sorry.  Praying for peace and strength for you and your family.

MariaH
                                                  Participant

I am so sorry.  Praying for peace and strength for you and your family.

ValinMtl
                                                    Participant

Terri, I'm so sad to read this update.  I hate this disease so much, please give Mark our love, he is such a brave warrior. Val xx

ValinMtl
                                                      Participant

Terri, I'm so sad to read this update.  I hate this disease so much, please give Mark our love, he is such a brave warrior. Val xx

Cate
                                                        Participant

Terri,  I am so sorry you are going through this.  Mark was able to touch many people on this board including me.  I pray he is comfortable and you and  your family can find peace.

Cate
                                                          Participant

Terri,  I am so sorry you are going through this.  Mark was able to touch many people on this board including me.  I pray he is comfortable and you and  your family can find peace.

BethA in VA
                                                            Participant

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Make your last days together as calm and peaceful as possible, because you will remember them forever.  I know you are scared.  He is so lucky to have you in his life and beside him in his final days.  I wish I could do something to help you.  Prayers are with you.    Beth

BethA in VA
                                                              Participant

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Make your last days together as calm and peaceful as possible, because you will remember them forever.  I know you are scared.  He is so lucky to have you in his life and beside him in his final days.  I wish I could do something to help you.  Prayers are with you.    Beth

King
                                                                Participant

Terri,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this very sad news with us.  Mark reached out to many of us.  We, too, will suffer the loss on MPIP.  Praying for peace and comfort for all.

Stay Strong
                                                                  King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                                  Participant

Terri,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this very sad news with us.  Mark reached out to many of us.  We, too, will suffer the loss on MPIP.  Praying for peace and comfort for all.

Stay Strong
                                                                    King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

dian in spokane
                                                                    Participant

Terri,

I'm so sorry for you and your family that it has come to this point. Like so many others, I spent a lot of time chatting with Mark over the years. He was often a comfort to me during my most stressful times. He offered so much to so many here. I hope things are peaceful and easy for him at the end, and I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Dian in spokane

dian in spokane
                                                                      Participant

Terri,

I'm so sorry for you and your family that it has come to this point. Like so many others, I spent a lot of time chatting with Mark over the years. He was often a comfort to me during my most stressful times. He offered so much to so many here. I hope things are peaceful and easy for him at the end, and I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Dian in spokane

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics