The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on Leslie

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on Leslie

Participant

It's been a while since I've even been on this forum, let alone post, so I thought I'd post an update.  For those who may not remember, my wife Leslie was diagnosed with melanoma (ended up being 3b) on her left thigh, with the sentinal lymph node testing positive in Feb of '14.  After three surgeries, the last being a complete lymph node dissection of the left groin area done at Duke Cancer Center in April '14, she's doing well.  None of the additional nodes removed tested positive.  She had CT scans done in September '14, and last week, at Duke.  Both were clear, with no evidence of melanoma.  There is a lesion on her liver that caused a little concern back in September, but it was determined to be benign after a closer MRI of the area.  The docs said it is likely caused by hormones in birth control pills and is very common, nothing to be concerned about.  That lesion was unchanged in last weeks scan.  We will be heading to Duke every 6 months for further scans for at least the next four years.  I'm guessing that this means 1 year NED.

Dave

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        yazziemac
        Participant

Congratulations!  That must be an amazing feeling, enjoy it!

Yasmin

yazziemac
          Participant

Yasmin

yazziemac
            Participant

Yasmin

Jubes
              Participant

Congratulations! Such good news! Thanks for posting.

Jubes
                Participant

Jubes
                  Participant

JoshF
                    Participant

Thanks for posting…great news. 

JoshF
                      Participant

JoshF
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics