The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update On Juan Victoria

Forums General Melanoma Community Update On Juan Victoria

Participant

Wanted to update everyone on Juan.  After getting to the hopsital his condistioned worsened after having a Pulmonary embolism.  The regular doctors were ready to give up but Dr Luke wanted to try Chemo in patient which is highly unsually to give to a patient who was in Juan's condition and blood thinners.  At this pont he was in ICU and needing 10 liters of oxygen.  On Sunday 12/18 they started giving him blood thinners at a very low level and Chemo.  Fast forward to 12/29 and after many shocked doctors (not Dr. Luke) Juan left the hospital needing only a little oxygen at night.

So the plan now is get stronger, one more chemo treatment and get back on some cocktail of immune therapy drugs.  I am hoping he will be strong enough to also look into TIL treatment.  I am having a hard time understanding the diffrent type of treatments and who are the go to Doctors in that area (we usually see Luke and Weber who both don't do TIL) So any help with reserach or contact information would be appreciated.

My love is fighting so hard and I am so proud of him…

Stacey

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

That is wonderful!!!   I am so sorry for all that Jaun has endured, but that is really amazing.  I think Dr. Luke and Weber are great.  (Weber is my own doctor and the person I would go to and trust the most with melanoma issues.)  However, if you really want to look into TIL specifically, I'm sure others will have better info.  I feel hat Dr. Weber is a straight shooter and if you tell him you wish to speak to someone about TIL, he would direct you to someone he felt did a good job.  Hang in there and give Jaun a big hug from me!  Yours, celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

That is wonderful!!!   I am so sorry for all that Jaun has endured, but that is really amazing.  I think Dr. Luke and Weber are great.  (Weber is my own doctor and the person I would go to and trust the most with melanoma issues.)  However, if you really want to look into TIL specifically, I'm sure others will have better info.  I feel hat Dr. Weber is a straight shooter and if you tell him you wish to speak to someone about TIL, he would direct you to someone he felt did a good job.  Hang in there and give Jaun a big hug from me!  Yours, celeste

jvictoria
              Participant

Thanks Celeste smiley

jvictoria
                Participant

Thanks Celeste smiley

jvictoria
                  Participant

Thanks Celeste smiley

Bubbles
                  Participant

Patrisa
                    Participant

Thank you Stacey so much for posting, we were all worried about Juan….

Can´t remember who, but someone (maybe Paul) posted that low dose chemo followed by Keytruda was a success and gave good results, so hopefully this path will benefit Juan too…

Take care,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                      Participant

Can´t remember who, but someone (maybe Paul) posted that low dose chemo followed by Keytruda was a success and gave good results, so hopefully this path will benefit Juan too…

Take care,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                        Participant

Take care,

Patrisa

casagrayson
                          Participant

I'm sorry that Juan has been through so much, but happy to hear that he has rebounded!  Thanks for checking in … we all worry!

casagrayson
                            Participant

I'm sorry that Juan has been through so much, but happy to hear that he has rebounded!  Thanks for checking in … we all worry!

casagrayson
                              Participant

snow white
                                Participant

Wow! what great news!  Always remain hopeful, you prove that!!!!  Give my best to Juan.

๐Ÿ™‚

Jen

snow white
                                  Participant

Wow! what great news!  Always remain hopeful, you prove that!!!!  Give my best to Juan.

๐Ÿ™‚

Jen

snow white
                                    Participant

๐Ÿ™‚

Jen

BrianP
                                      Participant

Thanks for the update Stacey.  Please give Juan my best.  Juan's chemo use is extremely encouraging for others in a similar situation.

BrianP
                                        Participant

Thanks for the update Stacey.  Please give Juan my best.  Juan's chemo use is extremely encouraging for others in a similar situation.

BrianP
                                          Participant

_Paul_
                                            Participant

Hi Stacey,

TIL is still in the clinical trial phase. So you can use clinicaltrials.gov to find out where to find it near where you are.

There are 4 main steps.

1. Harvest the TIL from a tumor and grow it in the lab for several weeks.

2. One week high dose chemo to wipe the existing t-cells.

3. One day for the lab-grown TIL infusion.

4. Up to 14 bags of IL-2, every 8 hours, or until it is unsafe to continue. IL-2 has many side effects which are cumulative and most patients can't tolerate all 14.

I hope this helps a little. If you have any other questions please ask. It feels good to help.

– Paul

_Paul_
                                              Participant

Hi Stacey,

TIL is still in the clinical trial phase. So you can use clinicaltrials.gov to find out where to find it near where you are.

There are 4 main steps.

4. Up to 14 bags of IL-2, every 8 hours, or until it is unsafe to continue. IL-2 has many side effects which are cumulative and most patients can't tolerate all 14.

I hope this helps a little. If you have any other questions please ask. It feels good to help.

– Paul

_Paul_
                                                Participant

Hi Stacey,

There are 4 main steps.

– Paul

jvictoria
                                                  Participant

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your support, well wishes and prayers. This was a little win against the melanoma battle. I'm getting ready for the war and to someday be NED and be able to enjoy again the wonder of life and love.

Happy New Year everyone… Love Juan

jvictoria
                                                    Participant

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your support, well wishes and prayers. This was a little win against the melanoma battle. I'm getting ready for the war and to someday be NED and be able to enjoy again the wonder of life and love.

Bubbles
                                                        Participant

So very glad you are here to wish us well and up to posting!!!  I hope the New Year brings you more success in your fight.  Let us know what you decide to do next.  So many here are rooting for you!!  Hang tough!! Much love, c

Bubbles
                                                          Participant

So very glad you are here to wish us well and up to posting!!!  I hope the New Year brings you more success in your fight.  Let us know what you decide to do next.  So many here are rooting for you!!  Hang tough!! Much love, c

Bubbles
                                                            Participant

casagrayson
                                                              Participant

Happy New Year to you, too, Juan!  Keep fighting!!

casagrayson
                                                                Participant

casagrayson
                                                                  Participant

jvictoria
                                                                  Participant

Hi everyone,

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics