The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on Jamie

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on Jamie

Participant
      Hi Everyone,
      Jamie’s wife contacted me and said ever since the melanoma went to his spinal fluid it’s been hard for him to post here.I’m heart broken to inform you all that hospice has been called in to assist Jamie. Please keep him, his 3 adorable young kids, and his wife Shawn in your thoughts and prayers. It was his birthday yesterday.
    Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jeff_in_FL
        Participant

Saying Prayers!

RitysMom
          Participant

I'm so sorry to hear that. Praying!

Bubbles
            Participant

Damn.  Holding them in my heart.  Send my love if you have more contact.  Thanks for sharing.  c

jennunicorn
              Participant

Much love to Jamie and his family. Will definitely keep them in my thoughts.

Patrisa
                Participant

I so didn't want to read this, I am heartbroken… Prayers for Jamie and his family… 

Love,

Patrisa

AliCat61
                  Participant

I'm so very sorry. Melanoma sucks, period, but it is especially awful when those who are young themselves or who have young children have to face this. I will keep the entire family in my prayers. 

casagrayson
                    Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this news.  

Shannon B
                      Participant

Prayers for his family…

adriana cooper
                        Participant

Sorry to hear this. I had hoped that the IT-IL2 (if I remember correctly) was working for him. Best wishes to him and his family.

Rob and Adriana

jenny22
                          Participant

I am heart broken beyond words….If you hear from shawn again please thank her and give her my (our) best thoughts………..I had been in touch with Jamie quite a bit before it had spread……i am just so sad for him and his young family……sending good thoughts….

maperny
                            Participant

I was so sad to read this post.  Please send my best wishes and hopes that the coming days and weeks will be peaceful and full of love for Jamie and his family.  

Maria 

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics