The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

update on ipi trial

Forums General Melanoma Community update on ipi trial

Participant

Discontinued Temodar in June due to slight increase in size of lung mets. Still subcentimeter. Began a clinical trial with ipi 10mg/kg and GSM-250 fourteen days after each infusion. Nothing dramatic until four days after the third infusion when I developed quite a nasty rash-quite uncomfortable. Started on prednisone 40mg/day and after two days feel much better. One more infusion, then cat/mri on 9/30.Keep you all posted!

Discontinued Temodar in June due to slight increase in size of lung mets. Still subcentimeter. Began a clinical trial with ipi 10mg/kg and GSM-250 fourteen days after each infusion. Nothing dramatic until four days after the third infusion when I developed quite a nasty rash-quite uncomfortable. Started on prednisone 40mg/day and after two days feel much better. One more infusion, then cat/mri on 9/30.Keep you all posted!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Lisa13
        Participant

Best of luck with your scans in September – I hope you're a complete responder to ipi.

Your situation is similar to mine. I'm also in an ipi trial (only 3mg and just ipi). I'm about to get my second treatment on Thursday and havn't had any side effects yet, except a rash that came and went.  I have several lung nodules all sub-centimeter except one which is 1.2cm.  I'm also hoping this treatment will work for me.

Keep your fingers crossed and believe it will work!

Lisa

acyr
            Participant

I am hopeful for both you and Lisa that there is a very positive response.  Keep well and save your energy! 

Annette.

PS.  Lisa – we are going to be conducting a survey shortly (within the month) for patient's side effects on Ipi (Yervoy).  We will have to do this for Health Canada as to submit for approval of this drug.  We need your help and any others in Canada that are on this trial, or the Roche trial as this process will be ongoing.  Please contact me at [email protected].  Thanks in advance Lisa.

petie540
              Participant

Lisa,best of luck to you.Let's keep follwing eachother's progress as we seem to be in a similar place.

petie540
                Participant

Lisa,best of luck to you.Let's keep follwing eachother's progress as we seem to be in a similar place.

acyr
                  Participant

I am hopeful for both you and Lisa that there is a very positive response.  Keep well and save your energy! 

Annette.

PS.  Lisa – we are going to be conducting a survey shortly (within the month) for patient's side effects on Ipi (Yervoy).  We will have to do this for Health Canada as to submit for approval of this drug.  We need your help and any others in Canada that are on this trial, or the Roche trial as this process will be ongoing.  Please contact me at [email protected].  Thanks in advance Lisa.

Lisa13
                  Participant

Best of luck with your scans in September – I hope you're a complete responder to ipi.

Your situation is similar to mine. I'm also in an ipi trial (only 3mg and just ipi). I'm about to get my second treatment on Thursday and havn't had any side effects yet, except a rash that came and went.  I have several lung nodules all sub-centimeter except one which is 1.2cm.  I'm also hoping this treatment will work for me.

Keep your fingers crossed and believe it will work!

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics