The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on Eric

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on Eric

Participant

Eric has been losing the loss of his legs and so his Oncologist sent us to the ER last night.  We came home so he cold be comfortable.  He has multiple bilateral cerebral tumors that are hemorrhaging and several cerebellum tumors that are also hemorrhaging. He also has a spinal tumor at C7, T7, and T8 and the cancer in the vertebrae that they found on Wednesday has gotten worse and is putting pressure on his spinal cord now.

Eric has been losing the loss of his legs and so his Oncologist sent us to the ER last night.  We came home so he cold be comfortable.  He has multiple bilateral cerebral tumors that are hemorrhaging and several cerebellum tumors that are also hemorrhaging. He also has a spinal tumor at C7, T7, and T8 and the cancer in the vertebrae that they found on Wednesday has gotten worse and is putting pressure on his spinal cord now. He has been sent home with Dilaudid so that he can be free of pain as the swelling increases in his brain. These tumors can not be treated with surgery and with the extent of his disease, radiation would also not be suggested.  Please continue to pray for us all.

JillNEric in OH

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        shellebrownies
        Participant

Sending prayers and peace your way. 

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
          Participant

Sending prayers and peace your way. 

Michelle, wife of Don

FormerCaregiver
            Participant

You remain in my prayers, and in the prayers of my friends from church.

May God be close to you at this difficult time.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

You remain in my prayers, and in the prayers of my friends from church.

May God be close to you at this difficult time.

Frank from Australia

jag
                Participant

Jill, 

praying that you both have strength for this difficult time.

jag
                  Participant

Jill, 

praying that you both have strength for this difficult time.

kbc123
                    Participant

Prayers are being sent your way Jill and Eric –

Kathy in New Jersey

kbc123
                      Participant

Prayers are being sent your way Jill and Eric –

Kathy in New Jersey

Sherron
                        Participant

Oh Jill, loving you….sending you hugs,love and prayers.  Also prayrs for comfort for Eric and strength for you… I think of you both constantly.  My computer is on the blink at home, so have not be able to check on you.

Take Care,

Sherron,wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                          Participant

Oh Jill, loving you….sending you hugs,love and prayers.  Also prayrs for comfort for Eric and strength for you… I think of you both constantly.  My computer is on the blink at home, so have not be able to check on you.

Take Care,

Sherron,wife to Jim FOREVER

Cate
                            Participant

Jill,  I am thinking of you and Eric and hope that you will both find peace.  Stay strong and know you are doing everything you can and more.  Eric is so lucky to have you:)

Cate
                              Participant

Jill,  I am thinking of you and Eric and hope that you will both find peace.  Stay strong and know you are doing everything you can and more.  Eric is so lucky to have you:)

sofiaeli
                                Participant

I'm praying for strength for you and begging God for a miracle for your family.  If you ever need to talk, I've been where you are.  

Hugs to you and your dear family.

SofiaEli

sofiaeli
                                  Participant

I'm praying for strength for you and begging God for a miracle for your family.  If you ever need to talk, I've been where you are.  

Hugs to you and your dear family.

SofiaEli

ValinMtl
                                    Participant

Dear Jill and Eric, I am so sad that Eric is in such pain. I pray for a miracle.  Val, xx

ValinMtl
                                      Participant

Dear Jill and Eric, I am so sad that Eric is in such pain. I pray for a miracle.  Val, xx

lhaley
                                        Participant

Jill,

I just read your latest update on fb.  My heart is breaking for both of you as you go though this.  I've never had the opportunity to meet either of you in person but I've learned from your posts how much love you have for each other. 

I hope that the pain meds are keeping Eric out of pain, I wish there was something that could do the same for you. As a melanoma patient my 2 biggest fears are being in pain and watching the pain my husband would have to go through watching this.

This isn't much help but know that we are here for you.

Linda

lhaley
                                          Participant

Jill,

I just read your latest update on fb.  My heart is breaking for both of you as you go though this.  I've never had the opportunity to meet either of you in person but I've learned from your posts how much love you have for each other. 

I hope that the pain meds are keeping Eric out of pain, I wish there was something that could do the same for you. As a melanoma patient my 2 biggest fears are being in pain and watching the pain my husband would have to go through watching this.

This isn't much help but know that we are here for you.

Linda

Carol Taylor
                                            Participant

This is the latest video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EricNJill?feature=mhee

Continued prayers for them both.

Lord, in Your mercy, be merciful. Please. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                                              Participant

This is the latest video:

Continued prayers for them both.

Lord, in Your mercy, be merciful. Please. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

EricNJill
                                                Participant

Eric's paralysis has now begun to move upward into his lower abdomen.  We were told that it will move up into his chest and arms.  This is so hard to watch.  He is sedated pretty much of the time with Dilliadid.  His legs are now completely paralyzed where as before he could still wiggle his toes and feel slight touch.  He no longer suffers from pain in his legs it's now painful in his back.

Thank you for your prayers.

JillNEric In OH

EricNJill
                                                  Participant

Eric's paralysis has now begun to move upward into his lower abdomen.  We were told that it will move up into his chest and arms.  This is so hard to watch.  He is sedated pretty much of the time with Dilliadid.  His legs are now completely paralyzed where as before he could still wiggle his toes and feel slight touch.  He no longer suffers from pain in his legs it's now painful in his back.

Thank you for your prayers.

JillNEric In OH

NancyGM
                                                    Participant

Jill, I posted Eric's video on my facebook. I really believe his message can influence young people. Sending you both all my support, thoughts and prayers that his pain may be controlled.

NancyGM
                                                      Participant

Jill, I posted Eric's video on my facebook. I really believe his message can influence young people. Sending you both all my support, thoughts and prayers that his pain may be controlled.

bcl
                                                        Participant

Jill please tell Eric that his powerful video will not only help the cause in Australia, but also in British Columbia Canada,  NJ  USA and any other jurisdiction that is considering regulating this industry that concentrates UV radiation and sells it to our children.

My heart goes out to you both – and I want to thank you for spending your precious time together helping others.  linda

bcl
                                                          Participant

Jill please tell Eric that his powerful video will not only help the cause in Australia, but also in British Columbia Canada,  NJ  USA and any other jurisdiction that is considering regulating this industry that concentrates UV radiation and sells it to our children.

My heart goes out to you both – and I want to thank you for spending your precious time together helping others.  linda

Carol Taylor
                                                            Participant

Jill posted this just a few hours ago. I don't think she'd mind me reposting here.

I would like to ask for a favor.  I get so many requests asking me what can be done for us.  This would be something I think Eric would really treasure.  If Eric's story has impacted your life in any way would you please write to him and tell him how.  Even if you have friends that have seen his videos, please ask them to do the same.  His email address is ericsizemore@woh.rr.com.  I will print of the emails and read them to him.  I just want him to know what an impact he has made on people's lives.  Please sign it with your name and where you live.  I think maybe his story has reached more people around the US than he thinks.  Thank you. <3

Jill Robbins Sizemore 4:02pm Jun 20
                                                              I would like to ask for a favor. I get so many requests asking me what can be done for us. This would be something I think Eric would really treasure. If Eric's story has impacted your life in any way would you please write to him and tell him how. Even if you have friends that have seen his videos, please ask them to do the same. His email address is [email protected]. I will print of the emails and read them to him. I just want him to know what an impact he has made on people's lives. Please sign it with your name and where you live. I think maybe his story has reached more people around the US than he thinks. Thank you. ♥

Grace and peace,
                                                              Carol
                                                                Carol Taylor
                                                                Participant

I'm sorry that copied/pasted so weird! But you get the gist.

Carol Taylor
                                                                  Participant

I'm sorry that copied/pasted so weird! But you get the gist.

Carol Taylor
                                                                  Participant

Jill posted this just a few hours ago. I don't think she'd mind me reposting here.

I would like to ask for a favor.  I get so many requests asking me what can be done for us.  This would be something I think Eric would really treasure.  If Eric's story has impacted your life in any way would you please write to him and tell him how.  Even if you have friends that have seen his videos, please ask them to do the same.  His email address is ericsizemore@woh.rr.com.  I will print of the emails and read them to him.  I just want him to know what an impact he has made on people's lives.  Please sign it with your name and where you live.  I think maybe his story has reached more people around the US than he thinks.  Thank you. <3

Jill Robbins Sizemore 4:02pm Jun 20
                                                                    I would like to ask for a favor. I get so many requests asking me what can be done for us. This would be something I think Eric would really treasure. If Eric's story has impacted your life in any way would you please write to him and tell him how. Even if you have friends that have seen his videos, please ask them to do the same. His email address is [email protected]. I will print of the emails and read them to him. I just want him to know what an impact he has made on people's lives. Please sign it with your name and where you live. I think maybe his story has reached more people around the US than he thinks. Thank you. ♥

Grace and peace,
                                                                    Carol
                                                                    Carol Taylor
                                                                    Participant

June 20th (yesterday) Eric & Jill made another video and it's on their youtube channel. It was yesterday, Jill will misspeak and say May 20th. Please see especially if you sent him an email (see my post from yesterday below this somewhere)

And please, remember they want these shared! If you have any kind of online page, blog, website, facebook, anything, please share this to honor Eric & Jill.

Thank you.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                                                                      Participant

June 20th (yesterday) Eric & Jill made another video and it's on their youtube channel. It was yesterday, Jill will misspeak and say May 20th. Please see especially if you sent him an email (see my post from yesterday below this somewhere)

And please, remember they want these shared! If you have any kind of online page, blog, website, facebook, anything, please share this to honor Eric & Jill.

Thank you.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics