The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update of husband, Rudy, Stage IV, liver mets

Forums General Melanoma Community Update of husband, Rudy, Stage IV, liver mets

Participant

Hello all! I am so happy to share the good news regarding the results of my husband's most recent PET/CT scan which revealed that the multiple (15+) hepatic lesions were not well seen and his left lymph node is significantly decreased in size! You may recall, two months ago, Rudy switched from Zelboraf (which was still working and had reduced tumors in liver from 15+ to 4) to the Dabrafenib/Mekinist combo in hopes of less side effects and an overall better result.  He has been feeling so much better since he started treatment with combo and now with confirmation that it is working we are certain that it was a good choice to switch treatment. Next step, when needed, will be a PD1 trial. His oncologist states these trials begin at the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California – Irvine, in the spring of 2014. 

I continue to pray for all on this board for strength, peace of mind, and for the comfort of Christ.  Never forget that you are loved!

Gina

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

Love it, Dear Lady.  So great.  With  that great news i can now go to bed!

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

GAngel
              Participant

"Like" ๐Ÿ™‚

GAngel
                Participant

"Like" ๐Ÿ™‚

GAngel
                  Participant

"Like" ๐Ÿ™‚

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

JoshF
                    Participant

I'm so happy to hear!!!! God's blessings to Rudy and family!!!

GAngel
                        Participant

Thank you! Wishing you success with your treatment! 

Blessings to you and yours!

GAngel
                          Participant

GAngel
                            Participant

JoshF
                            Participant

JoshF
                              Participant

POW
                                Participant

Thank you for sharing such wonderful news, Gina! Your doctor must be very good to think of switching to the combo even though Zelboraf was still working. And come to find out, the combo is working better and with few side effects than the monotherapy. Just as we hoped and prayed it would! Your experience gives everyone here a lot of hope.

POW
                                  Participant

Thank you for sharing such wonderful news, Gina! Your doctor must be very good to think of switching to the combo even though Zelboraf was still working. And come to find out, the combo is working better and with few side effects than the monotherapy. Just as we hoped and prayed it would! Your experience gives everyone here a lot of hope.

POW
                                    Participant

GAngel
                                        Participant

"Like" ๐Ÿ™‚

GAngel
                                          Participant

"Like" ๐Ÿ™‚

GAngel
                                            Participant

"Like" ๐Ÿ™‚

1derdog
                                            Participant
                                              My husband is currently with a clinical trial @ Chao cancer center. Also , same doctor for a year now. Tumor is slowly shrinking & SUV less than 1. Waiting for next scan to determine what we do next. Good to hear someone else from same center. My husband is not braf positive.
                                              God Bless
                                              1derdog
                                              1derdog
                                              Participant
                                                My husband is currently with a clinical trial @ Chao cancer center. Also , same doctor for a year now. Tumor is slowly shrinking & SUV less than 1. Waiting for next scan to determine what we do next. Good to hear someone else from same center. My husband is not braf positive.
                                                God Bless
                                                1derdog
                                                  GAngel
                                                  Participant

Dear 1derdog,

We really think highly of Dr. Fruehauf and feel that my husband is getting the best treatment under his care. That's wonderful news that your husband's tumor is shrinking! If you don't mind, may I ask what trial your husband is in? 

Agreed, it is good to hear that there are others from the same center on this forum.  I am so happy to have found this forum and all the wonderful people who share so much of themselves. 

God Bless you and your dear husband!

Gina

GAngel
                                                    Participant

Dear 1derdog,

We really think highly of Dr. Fruehauf and feel that my husband is getting the best treatment under his care. That's wonderful news that your husband's tumor is shrinking! If you don't mind, may I ask what trial your husband is in? 

Agreed, it is good to hear that there are others from the same center on this forum.  I am so happy to have found this forum and all the wonderful people who share so much of themselves. 

Gina

1derdog
                                                      Participant
                                                        Gina
                                                        He is on paciltaxol & pazopmib. There are currently about 40 patients on this trial. He plans to go nationwide with it. So far so good. I really like dr Fruehauf too. We feel lucky to have found him.
                                                        Best of everything!
                                                        Keep in touch.
                                                        1derdog
                                                        Participant
                                                          Gina
                                                          He is on paciltaxol & pazopmib. There are currently about 40 patients on this trial. He plans to go nationwide with it. So far so good. I really like dr Fruehauf too. We feel lucky to have found him.
                                                          Best of everything!
                                                          Keep in touch.
                                                          1derdog
                                                          Participant
                                                            Gina
                                                            Best of everything!
                                                            Keep in touch.
                                                            GAngel
                                                            Participant

Dear 1derdog,

Gina

1derdog
                                                            Participant
                                                              God Bless
                                                              1derdog
                                                              JerryfromFauq
                                                              Participant

Whoopee!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                Participant

Whoopee!

GAngel
                                                                    Participant

"Like"  ๐Ÿ˜‰

GAngel
                                                                      Participant

"Like"  ๐Ÿ˜‰

GAngel
                                                                        Participant

"Like"  ๐Ÿ˜‰

JerryfromFauq
                                                                        Participant

Whoopee!

Tina D
                                                                          Participant

great great GREAT news!!

Tina

Tina D
                                                                            Participant

great great GREAT news!!

Tina

Tina D
                                                                              Participant

great great GREAT news!!

Tina

Mat
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Gina, I’m so glad for you and Rudy and family–keep up the good work! I have my first scans this week since starting the combo.
                                                                                    GAngel
                                                                                    Participant

Thanks all! Keeping the faith for all of us! 

GAngel
                                                                                      Participant

GAngel
                                                                                        Participant

Mat
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          Gina, I’m so glad for you and Rudy and family–keep up the good work! I have my first scans this week since starting the combo.
                                                                                          Mat
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                        Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics