The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update: LMD and treatment at MD Anderson

Forums General Melanoma Community Update: LMD and treatment at MD Anderson

Participant

I don't know if anyone remembers my previous posts about my husband's leptomeningeal disease, but I found searching this forum so beneficial when looking for treatment options that I want to continue to share our experience in case it can help someone else one day.

We are now at MDA and soon he will have an ommaya port placed for IC IL-2.  Hopefully he will tolerate it well and he'll be in the 30% that it helps.

Also they are starting him on dabrafenib.  For other disease in body.  And the thing we are excited about is that they will remove a 2 tumors for an upcoming TILs trial.

They also mentioned that it is unknown whether dabrafenib crosses blood brain barrier but it is thought possibly.  They are going to possibly study my husband's CSF since he will have ommaya and maybe find this out!

This is a tough treatment and scary road but we always remain hopeful! 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Wow – sounds like lots of new treatments.  Bless you for posting – it really is a godsend to be able to find so much information quickly and coveniently.   Please post updates as you feel like it.  Praying the treatments are effective.

Fen

Fen
          Participant

Wow – sounds like lots of new treatments.  Bless you for posting – it really is a godsend to be able to find so much information quickly and coveniently.   Please post updates as you feel like it.  Praying the treatments are effective.

Fen

Fen
            Participant

Fen

Socks
              Participant

Fingers crossed for you and your husband! I hope MDA is able to help him as much as they helped my mom! ๐Ÿ™‚

Socks
                Participant

Fingers crossed for you and your husband! I hope MDA is able to help him as much as they helped my mom! ๐Ÿ™‚

Socks
                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

I knkow several people that Dr Pappa's treatment was extremely beneficial to.  I am very glad to see that they are attack on all fronts and not just one front at a time.  Thank you for keeping us updated.  Amy's family loves seeing her information still being usedd to help others now.

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

I knkow several people that Dr Pappa's treatment was extremely beneficial to.  I am very glad to see that they are attack on all fronts and not just one front at a time.  Thank you for keeping us updated.  Amy's family loves seeing her information still being usedd to help others now.

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

joy_
                            Participant

Jerry,

Amy's name came up among a few of us melanoma fighters & caregivers who met this past week at MDA!  I do sincerely hope that her family sees this and knows that she is still helping others!

My husband is in his 2nd week of Dr. Papa's special treatment for LMD.  He has lots if other mel in body and a couple of spots in brain to deal with, but we are fighting it with everything we've got!

RUDYPEREZSAMAN
                              Participant

Hello All

My wife has LMD onthe brain and the spine.

She already had WBR and spine radiation.

Shes on Tafinlar and Mekinist, plus KEYTRUDA every 3 weeks.

We are treated at MD ANDERSON, at this time looks that the medicine is notworking as we want.

Any suggestion of doctors or hospitals that should we visit or try.

Thanks a lot!!!

Rudy.

RUDYPEREZSAMAN
                                Participant

Hello All

We are treated at MD ANDERSON, at this time looks that the medicine is notworking as we want.

Thanks a lot!!!

Rudy.

RUDYPEREZSAMAN
                                  Participant

Hello All

Thanks a lot!!!

Rudy.

RUDYPEREZSAMAN
                                    Participant

Hello All

Thanks a lot!!!

Rudy.

RUDYPEREZSAMAN
                                      Participant

Hello All

Thanks a lot!!!

Rudy.

RUDYPEREZSAMAN
                                        Participant

Hello All

Thanks a lot!!!

Rudy.

joy_
                                          Participant

Jerry,

Amy's name came up among a few of us melanoma fighters & caregivers who met this past week at MDA!  I do sincerely hope that her family sees this and knows that she is still helping others!

My husband is in his 2nd week of Dr. Papa's special treatment for LMD.  He has lots if other mel in body and a couple of spots in brain to deal with, but we are fighting it with everything we've got!

joy_
                                            Participant

Jerry,

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics