The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update – finally some good news.

Forums General Melanoma Community Update – finally some good news.

Participant

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on my husband. We had scans last week, week 20 for Ipi response and week 8 for carbo/taxol response.

We finallly got some good news. No new mets and shrinkage in a good percentage of them. So whether its the chemo or the IPI something is keeping the disease in check. Woohoo!

The chemo drugs are really tough on his system and he had to have 4 bags of blood and a bag of platelets to get his counts up. They were seriously low…

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on my husband. We had scans last week, week 20 for Ipi response and week 8 for carbo/taxol response.

We finallly got some good news. No new mets and shrinkage in a good percentage of them. So whether its the chemo or the IPI something is keeping the disease in check. Woohoo!

The chemo drugs are really tough on his system and he had to have 4 bags of blood and a bag of platelets to get his counts up. They were seriously low…

Plus his radiation oncologist has started him on some radiation for his sacrum and spine, just to help resuce the tumour size there.

No new brain mets either!

So we just keep on keepin on…. he's super fatigued and not really hungry but as our babies due date keeps getting closer we were estatic to hear that there was no new cancer.

Hope everyone is doing well. Cannot believe it's almost Christmas.

Em

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant

Yay for good news! Are you having twins? ( or was that baby's due day and not babies?) Either way, pregnancy is such a happy but stressful time, lets hope you guys have a little more happiness and a little less stress.

hang in there

Becky

Lisa13
            Participant

I'm so happy to hear this news Emily!  Just keep hoping ipi will keep working, keep shrinking and not letting anything new come into play.

I've got my scan on Wednesday – 16 weeks after ipi. Had 50% regression last time and 2 that grew a little bit, so all I hope and pray for is continued good news. 

I'm happy your husband has no brain mets.  You never know if ipi is working it's magic inside the brain making sure no micro cells grow for a long time.  

Keep believing!  I wish you the best of everything with the soon to be new baby. 

Lisa

Lisa13
              Participant

I'm so happy to hear this news Emily!  Just keep hoping ipi will keep working, keep shrinking and not letting anything new come into play.

I've got my scan on Wednesday – 16 weeks after ipi. Had 50% regression last time and 2 that grew a little bit, so all I hope and pray for is continued good news. 

I'm happy your husband has no brain mets.  You never know if ipi is working it's magic inside the brain making sure no micro cells grow for a long time.  

Keep believing!  I wish you the best of everything with the soon to be new baby. 

Lisa

Lisa13
                Participant

Lisa

Becky
                Participant

Yay for good news! Are you having twins? ( or was that baby's due day and not babies?) Either way, pregnancy is such a happy but stressful time, lets hope you guys have a little more happiness and a little less stress.

hang in there

Becky

Becky
                  Participant

hang in there

Becky

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics