The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update – Clinical Trial for Stage IIIb/c Nivo vs IPI CA209-238

Forums General Melanoma Community Update – Clinical Trial for Stage IIIb/c Nivo vs IPI CA209-238

Participant

Hello all… I haven't posted on the forum in a while pretty much because there wasn't much to say while I was on the clinical trial.

First a bit of history…

Original site right thumb, under nail, colorless melanoma, originally misdiagnosed 06/2014, positive diagnosis 05/2015. 06/2015 Distal amputation to remove the primary site, SNB to identify spread, SNB positive, complete disection performed 07/2015.

Began Clinical trial CA209-238 10/2015 CT scans, infusions, etc., etc.

Today… 7 months later, went from no side effects to all side effects for Nivo, trial suspended, put on steroids… next, 2cm nodule near the original SNB site (left elbow) identified plus a 10mm nodule in the left lung.

06/2015 2cm nodule removed, positive; lung biopsy tomorrow

Will keep you all posted on next steps… most probably, Moffitt, NYU and MSK for second opinions on what to do next.

Juan

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

Good Luck Juan.

Lots of prayers your way. I will be at it on Wednesday 

Tom 

geriakt
          Participant

Good Luck Juan.

Tom 

geriakt
            Participant

Good Luck Juan.

Tom 

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics