The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Update!!

Participant

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give y'all an update.

I meet with my surgeon yesterday and went over our game plan/treatment plan. He has decided he's getting me into surgery this coming Monday the 13th. They are going to put me under and start me on my back. They are going to do the SNB on my right armpit and in my groin around my right side. Then they plan to flip me over on my stomach and do my procedure on my back to try and get nice clean cancer free margins. He said I will have quite a bit of stables because suters won't hold quite as well as staples in such a high muscle tension area. I am very glad to have a game plan but also very nervous to go under the knife and how I will feel out of surgery. I have three toddlers and work full time and am a wife so I hope I can juggle everything. Wish me all the luck! I'll keep y'all updated next week <3

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        kcmtnbiker
        Participant

Good Luck! My first surgary was on a FRIDAY the 13th. 🙂 While this likely won't work for you, I told the guys in the locker room the scar on my back was from a knife fight. In other words, keep up the fight and a positive outlook.

MelanomaMike
          Participant

Hay Anonymous, dont know exactly "which"  Anonymous you are but, i hope everything goes smooth & as planned! i too have had a few surgeries since 2008, no sweat, im still here!! good luck….Mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics