The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update

Participant

Hi all-

well it's been 3 months since I had scan after completing trial of ipi then HD IL-2. I did ipi Oct-Dec last year and then IL2 in Jan. Scan on Feb 17…NED. Scan yesterday….NED!!!! Obviously I'm very happy but I can never lose uncertainty. First question I ask is what is prognosis in comparison to other patients who've responded like me. Is it the IL2 or ipi…or both???? It's like I almost feel guilty or it's too good to be true. Am I crazy or is this normal? 

So my oncologist gave me option of scan in mid August or push it out to beginning of Oct. she felt comfortable waiting as she said there is no disease to track. Am I crazy for doing this? The rationale is over exposure to radiation as like many of you…I've had my fair share of runs through the tube! The study I'm on requires scan in Oct-Nov as this is the 1yr time frame.

i hope everyone here is well. This site and many of the people have been a tremendous resource & support. I can only hope that treatments that have a broader scope in helping people are in the near future….c'mon PD-1!!!!

josh

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant

Great news Josh!  I don't think the 4-6 weeks would make much difference.  However, like many things we have to decide with this disease, it's all about what makes you most comfortable.  

SABKLYN
          Participant

Great news Josh!  I don't think the 4-6 weeks would make much difference.  However, like many things we have to decide with this disease, it's all about what makes you most comfortable.  

sofistef
              Participant

Josh,

this is wonderful news! Congratulations and stay always NED! I followed your story closely, I also became stage 4 about the same time as you did, I'm not NED yet, I only have a tumor in a hilar node, that stayed the unchanged since the begining of treatment in November! I'm on Ippi/ Nivo/ippi +nivo trial and hope to see NED on my scans soon!

Dana

MattF
                Participant

Josh 

Great news….

Dana I too became stage IV last year…..

I had a Scan yesterday May 9 2012…..get results next week.

I'm on the BRAK combo…5th month on the Meds.

last scan showed…..smaller lesions on femur, humurus, rib, cage, tail bone, etc….so hoping for continued  shrinkage or stable on this one.

Stay Well.

Matt

MattF
                  Participant

Josh 

Great news….

last scan showed…..smaller lesions on femur, humurus, rib, cage, tail bone, etc….so hoping for continued  shrinkage or stable on this one.

Stay Well.

Matt

MattF
                    Participant

Josh 

Great news….

Stay Well.

Matt

sofistef
                      Participant

Josh,

this is wonderful news! Congratulations and stay always NED! I followed your story closely, I also became stage 4 about the same time as you did, I'm not NED yet, I only have a tumor in a hilar node, that stayed the unchanged since the begining of treatment in November! I'm on Ippi/ Nivo/ippi +nivo trial and hope to see NED on my scans soon!

Dana

sofistef
                        Participant

Josh,

Dana

SABKLYN
                        Participant

joy_
                          Participant

So happy for you!! Thanks for sharing your good news!

joy_
                            Participant

joy_
                              Participant

Tina D
                                Participant

WOW! This is awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad you shared!!

No advice for the scans, that is always such a challenge to know. Pretty sure I glow when the lights are off.

I am just so glad you have gotten such a tremendous report!!!

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

Glad you shared!!

No advice for the scans, that is always such a challenge to know. Pretty sure I glow when the lights are off.

Tina

Tina D
                                    Participant

Glad you shared!!

Tina

kpcollins31
                                      Participant

Congratulations, Josh – great news to hear!

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                        Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                          Participant

Kevin

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Love it!!  I would give the combination a lot of credit.  Understand about the watching for excess radiation.  Even though I have innumerable stable tumors I only get scanned every six months.  (as long as the tumor on my neck doen't start growing again! I shrunk from a nodule to flat about 5 years ago!  Ssosmetimes the other shoe never drops!!!) 

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Love it!!  I would give the combination a lot of credit.  Understand about the watching for excess radiation.  Even though I have innumerable stable tumors I only get scanned every six months.  (as long as the tumor on my neck doen't start growing again! I shrunk from a nodule to flat about 5 years ago!  Ssosmetimes the other shoe never drops!!!) 

Brendan
                                                  Participant

Great news, Josh!  Congratulations.  Thanks for sharing.

Brendan

Brendan
                                                    Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                                                      Participant

Brendan

JerryfromFauq
                                                      Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics