The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ultrasound Results

Forums General Melanoma Community Ultrasound Results

Participant

Today I had an ultrasound done to investigate an abnormality that was found near the surgical site of my lymphadenectomy duing a CAT scan. When I posted my initial note your words of encouragement helped keep me calm through the wait for the appointment. Can't even find the words to let you know how much that meant to me.

Today I had an ultrasound done to investigate an abnormality that was found near the surgical site of my lymphadenectomy duing a CAT scan. When I posted my initial note your words of encouragement helped keep me calm through the wait for the appointment. Can't even find the words to let you know how much that meant to me.

I had good news today! The abnormality was nothing more than a bulging blood vessel — a result of the sugery I had done back in January. I felt a huge sense of relief when the tech said she was not able to spot anything. It took both her and the doctor to find the culprit. The Doc said the bulge was nothing to worry about and that it was part of the healing process. He also confirmed that I have absolutely no lymph nodes left in my left arm pit. The surgeon apparently got them all. 🙂

So I'm still NED and pray I remain that way.

Linda

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        AS123
        Participant

That is such wonderful news! Congratulations and thank you for sharing it!

AS123
          Participant

That is such wonderful news! Congratulations and thank you for sharing it!

lhaley
            Participant

So glad you got good news! 

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

So glad you got good news! 

Linda

Dynasysman
                Participant

That's great news!  Keep it going for years and years…

Dynasysman
                  Participant

That's great news!  Keep it going for years and years…

Carol Taylor
                    Participant

Yea, Linda! Glad all went well, that you're still ned, and I pray ned sticks around a long, long time!

Lord, in Your mercy, make it so. Amen!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                      Participant

Yea, Linda! Glad all went well, that you're still ned, and I pray ned sticks around a long, long time!

Lord, in Your mercy, make it so. Amen!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics