The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

UK or Czech members?

Forums General Melanoma Community UK or Czech members?

Participant

Hi, I'm in the UK and my girlfriend is Czech… (she has Stage 3A melanoma — so far!) …wondering if there are any other UK or Czech users here.. or a recommended community – Thanks so much

Hi, I'm in the UK and my girlfriend is Czech… (she has Stage 3A melanoma — so far!) …wondering if there are any other UK or Czech users here.. or a recommended community – Thanks so much

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

Welcome to our forum. I encourage you to fill in some info on the profile page that you may wish to create for your girlfriend. This will help us to help you better.

Unfortunately, not many here who are from the UK. However, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here in this forum. If you have any questions about melanoma please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
          Participant

Welcome to our forum. I encourage you to fill in some info on the profile page that you may wish to create for your girlfriend. This will help us to help you better.

Unfortunately, not many here who are from the UK. However, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here in this forum. If you have any questions about melanoma please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
            Participant

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

natasha
              Participant

Hi! My name is Natasha and I live in Uk Cambridge. I am stage 1A melanoma patient. Just had my wide excition yesterday in Adenbrooks Hospital Cambridge.

natasha
                  Participant

I registered on http://www.melanomaintl.org as well , this source seems to be UK. But I found this forum  much more useful .

Hope this helps . Feel free to contact me .I am from Latvia originaly , but I live in UK and get my treatment here. I was missdiagnosed in Latvia ,so had second opinion pathology in Cambridge and received my treatment here.

zzzzil
                    Participant

Hi Natasha, So how's it going after the wide-local?

My girlfriend is now awaiting surgery for the removal of all lymph-nodes from her armpit on 13th April (not looking fwd to this one much!)..

did you have or were you offered a Sentinal Lymph Node biopsy? what was your Breslow depth?

thanks for writing back…  πŸ™‚

Will.

zzzzil
                      Participant

My girlfriend is now awaiting surgery for the removal of all lymph-nodes from her armpit on 13th April (not looking fwd to this one much!)..

did you have or were you offered a Sentinal Lymph Node biopsy? what was your Breslow depth?

Will.

zzzzil
                        Participant

Will.

natasha
                          Participant

Hi!

I checked your profile ( I remember you did not have one before) and you live in London ,as I see.

I hope everything will go very well for your girlfriend on 13th of April.

Does she checking all her moles around body herself ,or doctor did? Do you have appointments with oncologyst or dermothologyst?

I am absolutely paranoid I have melanomas all around my body ,I know it is silly ,but I just can't help and every single freckle seems a melanoma to me.:(

natasha
                            Participant

Hi!

I checked your profile ( I remember you did not have one before) and you live in London ,as I see.

Does she checking all her moles around body herself ,or doctor did? Do you have appointments with oncologyst or dermothologyst?

I am absolutely paranoid I have melanomas all around my body ,I know it is silly ,but I just can't help and every single freckle seems a melanoma to me.:(

natasha
                              Participant

Hi!

zzzzil
                                Participant

Hi, i just read your profile… that's an amazing journey in your cancer story –  going from 2mm to 0.2mm !! You were lucky to get it so early… you wont qualify for SLN at that depth… πŸ™‚

natasha
                                  Participant

Hi ,Will !!

Yes ,I went from 2 mm to 0.2mm melanoma πŸ™‚

Doctor said I do not need SNB ,but I already had wide escision. Scar is big ,I did not think it will be so big,but all heeled well.

I will have my follow up appointment on 16th of April.

I am in Cambridge mbut where do you live and get your treatment.

I as told in our hosipital they will look at me for 1 year and if everything will be o'k , nothing will happen after that ,no derm appointments .

natasha
                                    Participant

Hi ,Will !!

Doctor said I do not need SNB ,but I already had wide escision. Scar is big ,I did not think it will be so big,but all heeled well.

I as told in our hosipital they will look at me for 1 year and if everything will be o'k , nothing will happen after that ,no derm appointments .

natasha
                                      Participant

Hi ,Will !!

zzzzil
                                        Participant

Hi, i just read your profile… that's an amazing journey in your cancer story –  going from 2mm to 0.2mm !! You were lucky to get it so early… you wont qualify for SLN at that depth… πŸ™‚

zzzzil
                                          Participant

natasha
                                            Participant

I registered on http://www.melanomaintl.org as well , this source seems to be UK. But I found this forum  much more useful .

Hope this helps . Feel free to contact me .I am from Latvia originaly , but I live in UK and get my treatment here. I was missdiagnosed in Latvia ,so had second opinion pathology in Cambridge and received my treatment here.

natasha
                                              Participant

natasha
                                              Participant

Hi! My name is Natasha and I live in Uk Cambridge. I am stage 1A melanoma patient. Just had my wide excition yesterday in Adenbrooks Hospital Cambridge.

natasha
                                                Participant

LaneyMcg
                                                  Participant
                                                    Hi I too am in the UK I am under the christie hospital in Manchester. Original diagnosis in 2006, with 2.7mm on upper back snlb clear. Sending thoughts and prayers to your girlfriend but it’s fabulous that your educating yourself to help her.
                                                    Hope all goes well.
                                                    Laney x
                                                    LaneyMcg
                                                    Participant
                                                      Hi I too am in the UK I am under the christie hospital in Manchester. Original diagnosis in 2006, with 2.7mm on upper back snlb clear. Sending thoughts and prayers to your girlfriend but it’s fabulous that your educating yourself to help her.
                                                      Hope all goes well.
                                                      Laney x
                                                      LaneyMcg
                                                      Participant
                                                        Hope all goes well.
                                                        Laney x
                                                    Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics