The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Two Years with NED

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Two Years with NED

Participant

Today is the second anniversary of my last surgery. I have a long and crooked history of melanoma (which is in my patnet) starting in 1983. I advanced to stage IV in 2008 after 5 years of being NED at stage III. Last year I participated in a 6 month clinical vaccine trial, which I completed in December and I am hoping it will help KEEP me NED for a few more years!

I feel very fortunate that I've not had to deal with some of the worst issues of advanced melanoma. I've had no organ involvement, and my subcutaneous tumors have been isolated and treated surgically.

Today is the second anniversary of my last surgery. I have a long and crooked history of melanoma (which is in my patnet) starting in 1983. I advanced to stage IV in 2008 after 5 years of being NED at stage III. Last year I participated in a 6 month clinical vaccine trial, which I completed in December and I am hoping it will help KEEP me NED for a few more years!

I feel very fortunate that I've not had to deal with some of the worst issues of advanced melanoma. I've had no organ involvement, and my subcutaneous tumors have been isolated and treated surgically.

I have a PET/CT scan scheduled for early monday morning, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

I always like to make note of these NEDversaries here, where people understand me.

cheers!

dian in spokane

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

WE LOVE NED!

Fingers crossed here!

Janner

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Dear Dian,

Wishing you a clear scan and peace of mind. Thanks for updating us about your melanoma journey. You are an inspiration to all of us here on the MPIP board!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Dear Dian,

Wishing you a clear scan and peace of mind. Thanks for updating us about your melanoma journey. You are an inspiration to all of us here on the MPIP board!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Janner
              Participant

WE LOVE NED!

Fingers crossed here!

Janner

lhaley
                Participant

I hope you and Ned are best friends for many, many years to come!! 

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

I hope you and Ned are best friends for many, many years to come!! 

Linda

jag
                    Participant

Congratulations Dian!!!

many more to come.

John

jag
                      Participant

Congratulations Dian!!!

many more to come.

John

TracyLee
                        Participant

Woo hoo!

Today is my one year surgery anniversary (I've had five).

I told my husband this morning, in years to come it will be a "gee, this was the beginning, but I'M STILL HERE" anniversary for us. 

Prayers and wishes for your clean PET/CT on Monday.

TracyLee
                          Participant

Woo hoo!

Today is my one year surgery anniversary (I've had five).

I told my husband this morning, in years to come it will be a "gee, this was the beginning, but I'M STILL HERE" anniversary for us. 

Prayers and wishes for your clean PET/CT on Monday.

akls
                            Participant

Dian,

Congrats on being NED for two years!!  Sending you good thoughts on your upcoming scans.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                              Participant

Dian,

Congrats on being NED for two years!!  Sending you good thoughts on your upcoming scans.

Amy S. in Michigan

Harry in Fair Oaks
                                Participant

I hope you and NED are friends for a long long time.  I was Stage IV NED for almost 11-years, but I must have done or said something to offend him.  Come back NED!

Best wishes,

Harry

Harry in Fair Oaks
                                  Participant

I hope you and NED are friends for a long long time.  I was Stage IV NED for almost 11-years, but I must have done or said something to offend him.  Come back NED!

Best wishes,

Harry

jackiewin
                                    Participant

Good luck with the scans Monday.  I'm hoping to hear a lifetime of NED from you.

Hugs,

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                      Participant

Good luck with the scans Monday.  I'm hoping to hear a lifetime of NED from you.

Hugs,

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                        Participant

Hugs,

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                          Participant

Hugs,

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                            Participant

Hugs,

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                              Participant

Hugs,

Jackie W

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                Participant

Dian

Fingers crossed, eyes crossed, toes crossed, legs crossed, arms crossed

Hugs and all that stuff

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                  Participant

Dian

Fingers crossed, eyes crossed, toes crossed, legs crossed, arms crossed

Hugs and all that stuff

Jerry from Cape Cod

King
                                                    Participant

Dian,

I'm hoping that you will be NED for more than just a few years…..many more years.  My fingers and toes are crossed for great results on your upcoming scan.  Enjoy the weekend and keep us posted.

Stay Strong

Kathie

King
                                                      Participant

Dian,

I'm hoping that you will be NED for more than just a few years…..many more years.  My fingers and toes are crossed for great results on your upcoming scan.  Enjoy the weekend and keep us posted.

Stay Strong

Kathie

BethA in VA
                                                        Participant

Wow…so happy to hear this.  It is always nice to see good, promising news listed.  Enjoy being NED, forever!!   Beth 3/B  

BethA in VA
                                                          Participant

Wow…so happy to hear this.  It is always nice to see good, promising news listed.  Enjoy being NED, forever!!   Beth 3/B  

Bonnie Lea
                                                            Participant

Oh Dian:

congratulations, and yes only the bestus luck on Monday.  And all through this you have kept your fiddle playing and travelling with Cigar Bob.  

YEAHHHHHHH

Bonnie Lea
                                                              Participant

Oh Dian:

congratulations, and yes only the bestus luck on Monday.  And all through this you have kept your fiddle playing and travelling with Cigar Bob.  

YEAHHHHHHH

mrsmarilyn
                                                                Participant

congratulations! Thanks for the update on you and NED. You are a perfect pair with many more years together!

Best wishes and enjoy the summer with NED!

Mrs Marilyn

sister of Gary stage IV

mrsmarilyn
                                                                  Participant

congratulations! Thanks for the update on you and NED. You are a perfect pair with many more years together!

Best wishes and enjoy the summer with NED!

Mrs Marilyn

sister of Gary stage IV

Suzan AB
                                                                    Participant

WhooHoo Dian, Congrats on your love with NED.  I want to date the guy too!!!  LOL!

Good luck on Monday!  My best to you and yours

Suzan AB

Stage right!

nicoli
                                                                        Participant

I've been flirting with NED (no evidence of disease) myself.

Just have to check out one spot on my scalp and NED and Nicki will be arm in arm!

Don'tcha love love?

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
                                                                          Participant

I've been flirting with NED (no evidence of disease) myself.

Just have to check out one spot on my scalp and NED and Nicki will be arm in arm!

Don'tcha love love?

Nicki, Stage 3b

Suzan AB
                                                                          Participant

WhooHoo Dian, Congrats on your love with NED.  I want to date the guy too!!!  LOL!

Good luck on Monday!  My best to you and yours

Suzan AB

Stage right!

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics