The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Two weeks of GSK BRAF MEK trial and already obvious shrinkage

Forums General Melanoma Community Two weeks of GSK BRAF MEK trial and already obvious shrinkage

Participant

Yesterday my husband had his first two week doctor's appointment after beginning the GSK BRAF/MEK trial at UCSF.  We thought that some of his skin lesions looked smaller, but were afraid it was just wishful thinking.  The doctor confirmed that our observations were not merely wishful thinking. He looked at one lesion and said "You call yourself a tumor?"  Apparently, our doctor believes in trash-talking tumors.  We both left feeling more hopeful than we have in a long time.

Yesterday my husband had his first two week doctor's appointment after beginning the GSK BRAF/MEK trial at UCSF.  We thought that some of his skin lesions looked smaller, but were afraid it was just wishful thinking.  The doctor confirmed that our observations were not merely wishful thinking. He looked at one lesion and said "You call yourself a tumor?"  Apparently, our doctor believes in trash-talking tumors.  We both left feeling more hopeful than we have in a long time.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        theonlydrea
        Participant

that's great news!

dawn dion
            Participant

YEA!!!!!!!  I am so happy for you:)!  I just passed the month mark – Mine is not where I can see it so I have no idea what is happening with it.  When I started there was only one and it was pretty small so you give me lots of hope!

Hugs and Smiles ๐Ÿ™‚

theonlydrea
              Participant

my husband started his braf inhibitor GSK 2118436  particle study yesterday! Praying it works like we keep hearing! Once again great news and good luck to you guys!

theonlydrea
                Participant

my husband started his braf inhibitor GSK 2118436  particle study yesterday! Praying it works like we keep hearing! Once again great news and good luck to you guys!

dawn dion
                  Participant

YEA!!!!!!!  I am so happy for you:)!  I just passed the month mark – Mine is not where I can see it so I have no idea what is happening with it.  When I started there was only one and it was pretty small so you give me lots of hope!

Hugs and Smiles ๐Ÿ™‚

theonlydrea
                  Participant

that's great news!

KellieSue
                    Participant

Fantastic news! Here's for continued shrinkage of tumors. Die stupid tumors! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV on B-RAF

KellieSue
                      Participant

Fantastic news! Here's for continued shrinkage of tumors. Die stupid tumors! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV on B-RAF

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics