The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Tuesday must be scan result day

Forums General Melanoma Community Tuesday must be scan result day

Participant

Because I got mine today as well. Pretty good results I think. This was a 6 month scan and the bottom line was that there was no progression. And in fact the new tumor I had growing in my shoulder is no longer visible.

All the tumors in my liver and lungs are still there, but they are all 1cm diameter or smaller. And the one tumor that was zapped with SRS and expanded (consistent with inflammation from the radiation and scar tissue) has now begin to shrink (consistent with a decrease in inflammation).

I would love to be NED, but I will take no progression!

– Paul

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Paul, glad to hear.  We're at similar points in our Keytruda treatments (just had my 9th infusion on Monday) and we're having similar results, i.e., I also had more stability than shrinkage at my last scans (at around week 14) and my remaining tumors are primarily in my liver and are relatively small (less than 3cm).  NED would be insanely great, but like you, I've come to accept (and be grateful for) stability.

_Paul_
            Participant

Amen Mat. No progression is much better than uncontrolled growth. Given that mean survival time (pre-immunotherapy statistics) is 7 months and I'm at 10 (and you are 2 years out!) I don't mind at all!

_Paul_
              Participant

Amen Mat. No progression is much better than uncontrolled growth. Given that mean survival time (pre-immunotherapy statistics) is 7 months and I'm at 10 (and you are 2 years out!) I don't mind at all!

_Paul_
                Participant

Mat
                Participant

Paul, glad to hear.  We're at similar points in our Keytruda treatments (just had my 9th infusion on Monday) and we're having similar results, i.e., I also had more stability than shrinkage at my last scans (at around week 14) and my remaining tumors are primarily in my liver and are relatively small (less than 3cm).  NED would be insanely great, but like you, I've come to accept (and be grateful for) stability.

Mat
                  Participant

Bubbles
                    Participant

Congrats guys!

Will keep fingers crossed that all tumors do the disappearing act next scan round! Celeste

_Paul_
                        Participant

Thanks Celeste! It would be fantastic if your wish comes true!

_Paul_
                          Participant

_Paul_
                            Participant

Bubbles
                            Participant

Congrats guys!

Will keep fingers crossed that all tumors do the disappearing act next scan round! Celeste

Bubbles
                              Participant

Congrats guys!

dentholla
                                Participant

Great news, thanks for sharing

dentholla
                                  Participant

_Paul_
                                      Participant

Of course! Thank you.

_Paul_
                                        Participant

Of course! Thank you.

_Paul_
                                          Participant

Of course! Thank you.

dentholla
                                          Participant

arthurjedi007
                                            Participant

Congrats Paul. Sounds like great results.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                              Participant

Artie

_Paul_
                                                  Participant

Thanks Artie. I really hope you get into TIL or some other trial that once and for all kicks your cancer to the curb.

_Paul_
                                                    Participant

Thanks Artie. I really hope you get into TIL or some other trial that once and for all kicks your cancer to the curb.

_Paul_
                                                      Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                      Participant

Artie

Mom2Addy
                                                        Participant

That's wonderful! We will all take the little wins in this awful war!

Mom2Addy
                                                          Participant

Mom2Addy
                                                            Participant

_Paul_
                                                                Participant

I agree. Thank you!

_Paul_
                                                                  Participant

I agree. Thank you!

_Paul_
                                                                    Participant

I agree. Thank you!

stars
                                                                    Participant

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing your results. Not only is there no progression, but regression of one new tumor. Your body is responding!

stars
                                                                      Participant

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing your results. Not only is there no progression, but regression of one new tumor. Your body is responding!

_Paul_
                                                                          Participant

That's true. That shoulder tumor was initially growing fast and now it's just gone. Woohoo!

_Paul_
                                                                            Participant

That's true. That shoulder tumor was initially growing fast and now it's just gone. Woohoo!

_Paul_
                                                                              Participant

stars
                                                                              Participant

dfeng
                                                                                Participant

best wishes!

dfeng
                                                                                  Participant

best wishes!

dfeng
                                                                                    Participant

best wishes!

_Paul_
                                                                                        Participant

Thank you and I hope you get yours under control too!

_Paul_
                                                                                          Participant

_Paul_
                                                                                            Participant

BrianP
                                                                                            Participant

Congrats Paul.  When I started my trial nearly 2 years ago I had pretty good 3 month scans but then like you at 6 month I was "just" stable.  Remember kinda being a little bumed about it as I just so badly wanted to be NED and put cancer in the rear view mirror.  I remember reading a quote by TJ Sharpe in his blog which said something along the lines that a tie is a win in this game.  That stuck with me.  After nearly 18 months of being stable it probably doesn't feel quite as good as being NED but if feels pretty darn great. 

Brian

ed williams
                                                                                                Participant

Brian, I think we need our own " acronym".  Let's throw out NED and replace it with "NTD"  for No Tumor Development". This is my first attempt at creating an acronym, so I am open to suggestion from other more creative minds. Glad to hear you are " NTD" Paul, keep up the good fight guys.  

ed williams
                                                                                                  Participant

Brian, I think we need our own " acronym".  Let's throw out NED and replace it with "NTD"  for No Tumor Development". This is my first attempt at creating an acronym, so I am open to suggestion from other more creative minds. Glad to hear you are " NTD" Paul, keep up the good fight guys.  

ed williams
                                                                                                    Participant

Squash
                                                                                                      Participant

Stable is still good.

Heck what if you were stable for 10 years i am sure you would take it.

Even people who are pronounced NED proably have melanoma lurking somewhere. It is just that it doest show up on any conventional scans or tests.

Squash
                                                                                                        Participant

Stable is still good.

Even people who are pronounced NED proably have melanoma lurking somewhere. It is just that it doest show up on any conventional scans or tests.

Squash
                                                                                                          Participant

Stable is still good.

BrianP
                                                                                                          Participant

Congrats Paul.  When I started my trial nearly 2 years ago I had pretty good 3 month scans but then like you at 6 month I was "just" stable.  Remember kinda being a little bumed about it as I just so badly wanted to be NED and put cancer in the rear view mirror.  I remember reading a quote by TJ Sharpe in his blog which said something along the lines that a tie is a win in this game.  That stuck with me.  After nearly 18 months of being stable it probably doesn't feel quite as good as being NED but if feels pretty darn great. 

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                                            Participant

Brian

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics