The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Treatment almost complete and nervous

Forums General Melanoma Community Treatment almost complete and nervous

Participant
      Hello All,

I know it’s been a while. Just want to give an update. Tomorrow I will have my 11th treatment of 13 of Opdivo. So far minimal side effects considering what my body/meds are trying to do. Thyroid went out and nauseous almost everyday but a small price to pay. Back in December they seen a small lesion on my liver. Hasn’t grown much but hasn’t gone away either. Onc tells me he is not worried about it. He wants to wait and see. I’m scared to get off treatment because of the unknown, treatment is like a security blanket. I had 2/4 lymph nodes test positive that couldn’t be seen in a PET scan and only found positive after removing them. I’m an over thinker and as hard as I try to stay positive I don’t feel so strong right now. Has anyone felt the same way about coming off treatment?
      Kris

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        guynamedbilly
        Participant
          I did. I understood it, because insurance isn’t going to pay out a couple of hundred thousand a year just for my peace of mind, but it’s always stressful when a new unexpected comes along. It’s hard to get your perspective straight on this stuff.

I view everything now with two facts in mind and try not to worry about it in the meantime…
          1. You don’t know until you know. Wait for the test results. You can’t do anything useful with all the what ifs you think up.
          2. Once you know, then you can use that to figure out the next step. Information is good when you make good use of it.

Bubbles
          Participant
            I think there are many who feel as you must, Kris!!! Several folks here have dealt with similar worries! Especially when they are facing stopping treatment when they cannot be told they are absolutely NED. But, the truth is lots of ditzels show up on scans that are not melanoma related. Lots of ditzels show up that once WERE melanoma but now are inert tissue. I think I would carry on for now as you are. Perhaps the lesion may resolve by the time you are to stop treatment. Or perhaps you can have it biopsied? That depends on location and many other things of course. I don’t think you are “over thinking”. Melanoma sucks great big green hairy wizard balls! Many here have faced similar situations and I’m sure they will chime in. Meanwhile, I am going to keep all fingers and toes crossed for you!! I wish you my best. Celeste
            MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Haaay Kris! Long see no time! Its been awhile since i saw ya?? Or im very forgetful one of the two haha..Seems like yesterday you where a newbie and your a seasoned veteran of The War On Melanoma! I hear ya sis, dont know if you know but, my treatment including surgerys was Stopped abruptly last July! Ya know, disease progression, i get it but damn! Read my earlier posts, im in good hands now, different clinic and WAY better doctor!… just remember, as with all battles, there comes a time when the Generals have to call off the war and pull in the soldiers, if your current treatment has reached its “plateau” & its time for you and your team to wait & watch well there it is there, its NOT uncommon Kris, you cant stay on it forever, there comes our time when treatment stops due to various reasons and yours is one of them…and besides! Immunal Therapy always leaves its light on for us!! If ya ever need it again, there will be far greater drugs if or when you do pick back up! Matter of fact, im gunna be in a clinical trial of a drug that may cure Melanoma! If it passes, you may have that to use, let me test it first though!! Haha.. its called INCMGA00012 for now, im trying to convince Dr. Hamid to let me name it if its approved!! Haha…youll be fine K, were here for you!
              MelMel
              Participant
                Many of us understand you. However, the previous replies cover it pretty well. No use to worry about what if since you have not exhausted all your options and these can be revisited if necessary. I like Celeste’s option of having an eventual biopsy if necessary down the road. In the mean time, remain optimistic and carry on. I know first hand that it is much easier said than done.
                Melanie
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics