The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

To Vandy tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community To Vandy tomorrow

Participant

I will find out tomorrow if i am B-RAF positive. Many prayers are needed as i feel it is the best treatment for me.. I found a new tumor under my breast on the rib bone last night about the size of a pea. I guess mel has broken out of the lymph nodes. I dont know what to think about that. Any ways, prayers for u all and thank you all for your stories of inspiration and hope. Praying all is well with all of you

I will find out tomorrow if i am B-RAF positive. Many prayers are needed as i feel it is the best treatment for me.. I found a new tumor under my breast on the rib bone last night about the size of a pea. I guess mel has broken out of the lymph nodes. I dont know what to think about that. Any ways, prayers for u all and thank you all for your stories of inspiration and hope. Praying all is well with all of you

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        triciad
        Participant

Carol,

Good luck to you tomorrow.  I'm sending prayers your way tomorrow and always!

Tricia

triciad
          Participant

Carol,

Good luck to you tomorrow.  I'm sending prayers your way tomorrow and always!

Tricia

Fen
            Participant

Sending huge, giant prayers. You may actually be able to see them out your window. Coming from the north.  Please post when you hear something…

fen

Fen
              Participant

Sending huge, giant prayers. You may actually be able to see them out your window. Coming from the north.  Please post when you hear something…

fen

DonW
                Participant

Hi, Carol. I hope things went well for you today. Why don't you let us know what you found out?

DonW
                  Participant

Hi, Carol. I hope things went well for you today. Why don't you let us know what you found out?

KellieSue
                    Participant

I hope you got the positive results from B-RAF! Thinking about you. I too am waiting on B-RAF results. Very very frustrating to have to wait so long.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV, waiting on B-RAF????

KellieSue
                      Participant

I hope you got the positive results from B-RAF! Thinking about you. I too am waiting on B-RAF results. Very very frustrating to have to wait so long.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV, waiting on B-RAF????

carol b
                        Participant

Well, im not B-RAF positive. I start Interleukin2 on the 16th and the second round on March 1st. Its def not what i wanted but its what i get. They decided to do a biopsy on the new tumor but it came back inconclusive. I was told that my melanoma has mutated into NRAS, what ever the heck that means. I will be getting my treatments in vandy because memphis is renovating and have no room for me. I have gotten my list of stuff that i need to take with me thanks to this wonderful website. Now im just counting down the days till i begin treatments. Thank you for your prayers. im sure they were answered according to his will. Thanks to all for praying as i will keep you all in my prayers

carol b
                          Participant

Well, im not B-RAF positive. I start Interleukin2 on the 16th and the second round on March 1st. Its def not what i wanted but its what i get. They decided to do a biopsy on the new tumor but it came back inconclusive. I was told that my melanoma has mutated into NRAS, what ever the heck that means. I will be getting my treatments in vandy because memphis is renovating and have no room for me. I have gotten my list of stuff that i need to take with me thanks to this wonderful website. Now im just counting down the days till i begin treatments. Thank you for your prayers. im sure they were answered according to his will. Thanks to all for praying as i will keep you all in my prayers

DonW
                            Participant

Carol — Sorry you didn't get what you wanted, but I think IL2 gives you at least as much chance as any other treatment. We have many positive stories right here on MPIP and IL2 remains the only treatment approved for treatment of stage IV melanoma. I think it's a good move to be undergoing this treatment now when there's still a good chance of knocking melanoma on it's butt. Good luck and keep us posted.

DonW
                              Participant

Carol — Sorry you didn't get what you wanted, but I think IL2 gives you at least as much chance as any other treatment. We have many positive stories right here on MPIP and IL2 remains the only treatment approved for treatment of stage IV melanoma. I think it's a good move to be undergoing this treatment now when there's still a good chance of knocking melanoma on it's butt. Good luck and keep us posted.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics