The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

To EricnJill

Forums General Melanoma Community To EricnJill

Participant

I don't know why I keep putting off things my gut keeps telling me to say.  You would think after having been through the melanoma experience you would say what you need to say, when you need to say it.

I have followed your story behind the scenes for a long time.  I have often wanted to log in and send loving thoughts and prayers to you both.  I have watched your videos.  I have cried with you.  I have prayed for you.  I have been encouraged by you.  I have been scared by you.  I have been strengthened by you.

I don't know why I keep putting off things my gut keeps telling me to say.  You would think after having been through the melanoma experience you would say what you need to say, when you need to say it.

I have followed your story behind the scenes for a long time.  I have often wanted to log in and send loving thoughts and prayers to you both.  I have watched your videos.  I have cried with you.  I have prayed for you.  I have been encouraged by you.  I have been scared by you.  I have been strengthened by you.

I don't know if either of you could know the depth of emotion you have touched in my heart.  I am sure I am not the only one.  I love you both and have never met you.

I thank you so much for letting me in to your lives through your posts, through your videos.  I have never seen such an amazing couple – the two of you are so truly blessed to have each other.

I am ashamed at myself for taking so long to send this message.

I want you both to know I have been praying for you all along.  I want you both to know you are probably two of the strongest people I have ever encountered. 

Thank you for opening your hearts and lives to me.  You are both an inspiration.  Eric, you are my hero. 

God bless you both.

Laurie 

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

Laurie,

You said it so well….Thinking of Eric and Jill….Sending Prayer, Hugs, and Love.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
          Participant

Laurie,

You said it so well….Thinking of Eric and Jill….Sending Prayer, Hugs, and Love.

Take Care,

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Amen, Laurie.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Amen, Laurie.

Grace and peace,

Carol

EricNJill
                Participant

Thank you so very much for that blessing.  It really means so much to me.  Eric's paralysis has moved up into his abdomen now.  I'm watching him slowly slip away.  My heart is breaking.  I feel the love here and it helps me so much.  I just wish I could stand with you all and wrap my arms around you.

JillNEric in OH

EricNJill
                  Participant

Thank you so very much for that blessing.  It really means so much to me.  Eric's paralysis has moved up into his abdomen now.  I'm watching him slowly slip away.  My heart is breaking.  I feel the love here and it helps me so much.  I just wish I could stand with you all and wrap my arms around you.

JillNEric in OH

shellebrownies
                      Participant

Jill,

I haven't been on MPIP very long so I didn't know your story well until recently. However, it certainly has moved me. I wish I could give you a hug, too. My heart breaks for the both of you.

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                        Participant

Jill,

I haven't been on MPIP very long so I didn't know your story well until recently. However, it certainly has moved me. I wish I could give you a hug, too. My heart breaks for the both of you.

Michelle, wife of Don

Sherron
                          Participant

Jill – thinking of you and Eric constantly…computer still broke…thanks for updating here.

My heart is breaking for you…..for I know how you feel.  I, too, wish I was with you and could fold my arms around you.  Love, Prayers, and Hugs.. Hold God's Hand Tightly and He will help you through this journey.

Take Care,

Sherron
                            Participant

Jill – thinking of you and Eric constantly…computer still broke…thanks for updating here.

My heart is breaking for you…..for I know how you feel.  I, too, wish I was with you and could fold my arms around you.  Love, Prayers, and Hugs.. Hold God's Hand Tightly and He will help you through this journey.

Take Care,

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

Jill and Eric, words cannot adequately express how I feel. As you may know, I lost my wife
                                to the horrible disease but her battle was over quickly.

Despite the fact that you are facing the greatest difficulties imaginable, you continue to
                                give us inspiration through the incredible faith that you both have. I truly feel that God
                                is giving you the strength necessary to cope with this situation. Remember that I have
                                asked many people to pray for you, and have been assured of their continued prayers.

May God give you peace and strength.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                Participant

Jill and Eric, words cannot adequately express how I feel. As you may know, I lost my wife
                                  to the horrible disease but her battle was over quickly.

Despite the fact that you are facing the greatest difficulties imaginable, you continue to
                                  give us inspiration through the incredible faith that you both have. I truly feel that God
                                  is giving you the strength necessary to cope with this situation. Remember that I have
                                  asked many people to pray for you, and have been assured of their continued prayers.

May God give you peace and strength.

Frank from Australia

nicoli
                                Participant

The sad fact is that many of us on this board will die from melanoma. 

I want to thank you, Eric and Jill for the videos, your examples of courage and your  encouragement to all of us.

It may be that Eric is now dying and if that is true, then he is teaching all of us how to die with courage and dignity.

Thank you, Eric

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
                                  Participant

The sad fact is that many of us on this board will die from melanoma. 

I want to thank you, Eric and Jill for the videos, your examples of courage and your  encouragement to all of us.

It may be that Eric is now dying and if that is true, then he is teaching all of us how to die with courage and dignity.

Thank you, Eric

Nicki, Stage 3b

SoCalDave
                                    Participant

My prayers and thoughts are with you both. You have no idea what an inspiration both of you have been to so many.

David

SoCalDave
                                      Participant

My prayers and thoughts are with you both. You have no idea what an inspiration both of you have been to so many.

David

MaryO
                                        Participant

Dear Eric and Jill,

This is my first post, and let me follow others in saying with an inspiration and strength you both are. My warm prayers to you both.

Yours,

Mary

MaryO
                                          Participant

Dear Eric and Jill,

This is my first post, and let me follow others in saying with an inspiration and strength you both are. My warm prayers to you both.

Yours,

Mary

ValinMtl
                                            Participant

Thank you for posting this beautiful tribute.  Eric is truly an inspiration to us all as he battles the monster and Jill as his caregiver has give her heart and soul to this fight.  Both wonderful people.  We are thinking and praying for them in their hour of great need.  Val xx

NicOz
                                                Participant

Absolutely. There is not a waking hour that I don't think about Eric and Jill. Two truly beautiful people.

mzeigler
                                                  Participant

I started following your battle with melanoma about a year ago when my wife was starting her final struggles.  We were taking IL-2 and ipi as you were,  so I was anxious to see how you were doing.  I was always struck by your courage and optimism, and you obvious love for each other.  Your faith in God was also quite evident.  Unfortunately, my wife passed away about 2 months ago, and as I read your latest posting, I am reminded of those last painful times I spent with her.  I hope and pray that you get through this time and find comfort in knowing you have the support and love of many people reading your story.

Mike

mzeigler
                                                    Participant

I started following your battle with melanoma about a year ago when my wife was starting her final struggles.  We were taking IL-2 and ipi as you were,  so I was anxious to see how you were doing.  I was always struck by your courage and optimism, and you obvious love for each other.  Your faith in God was also quite evident.  Unfortunately, my wife passed away about 2 months ago, and as I read your latest posting, I am reminded of those last painful times I spent with her.  I hope and pray that you get through this time and find comfort in knowing you have the support and love of many people reading your story.

Mike

NicOz
                                                      Participant

Absolutely. There is not a waking hour that I don't think about Eric and Jill. Two truly beautiful people.

ValinMtl
                                                      Participant

Thank you for posting this beautiful tribute.  Eric is truly an inspiration to us all as he battles the monster and Jill as his caregiver has give her heart and soul to this fight.  Both wonderful people.  We are thinking and praying for them in their hour of great need.  Val xx

JuleFL
                                                        Participant
                                                          Eric and Jill,
                                                          You are awe-inspiring. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. In spite of this dreadful disease, your love for each other is so strong and sends out a powerful message to us about why we are here. Thank you for your frankness and sharing of your battle.
                                                          Jule
                                                            Sherron
                                                            Participant

Jule,

Hello, Hope you are doing well…I think of  you often and hoping you are doing better.  It is very difficult, isn't it? 

Take Care,

Sherron,  wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                                                              Participant

Jule,

Hello, Hope you are doing well…I think of  you often and hoping you are doing better.  It is very difficult, isn't it? 

Take Care,

Sherron,  wife to Jim FOREVER

JuleFL
                                                              Participant
                                                                Eric and Jill,
                                                                You are awe-inspiring. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. In spite of this dreadful disease, your love for each other is so strong and sends out a powerful message to us about why we are here. Thank you for your frankness and sharing of your battle.
                                                                Jule
                                                            Viewing 15 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics