The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

TIL Trial at NIH — I’M IN!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community TIL Trial at NIH — I’M IN!!!

Participant

I went to Johns Hopkins this morning for a follow up appointment, and Dr. Sharfman wanted to know what they told me at NIH. I related how Dr. Sherry said that he had to consult with their endocrine team about my thyroid issues. Dr. Sharfman said, "Those are minor issues. I don't think they'll prevent you from getting in."

On my way home my clinical fellow, Dr. Shindorf, called to tell me they're taking me into the TIL trial. I go for surgery in early February.

Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers, positive vibes, etc from everyone. Maybe this time I can beat this down and it will stay beaten!

-Bill

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

Great news!!!

BillB
          Participant

Congrats! Good luck!

SABKLYN
            Participant

Awesome news!

Bubbles
              Participant

Awesome!  Good luck!

celeste

Mark_DC
                Participant

Well done Bill, and good luck!!

CancerSpouse
                  Participant

Super! Pls keep us posted. ~ Carol

CPM0720
                    Participant

Good news- thanks for sharing! I will say a prayer for you for strength as you face this new trial.

searching2
                      Participant

Great news!  it's the latest and greatest treatment out there.  My husband just went through the TIL trial at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa FL, finished just before Christmas. His strength is coming back slowly, looking forward to shrinking tumors on the upcoming scans. All the BEST to you Bill…..God Bless  

Mat
                        Participant

Great news Bill!

BrianP
                          Participant

Great new Bill!  Very happy for you.

Brian

Mark_DC
                            Participant

Bill – I forgot to mention, will be happy to stop by and visit if you are stuck at NIH – i live in DC about four miles south of NIH. Also if you need anything I can bring for you.

Good luck, Mark

Wife_WilliamR
                                Participant

Bill – we are so happy to hear your good news!  If you want to talk to William again on your family has any questions for me feel free to call us!  Wishing you the best!!  Stacy & William

mrsaxde
                                  Participant

Thanks Stacy! You may not have seen my reply to you on one of my other posts. It seems we may have just missed each other on Friday 1/12. I was at Johns Hopkins for a follow up from the LAG-3 trial, so it sounds like you guys and I were both there somewhere at the same time.

mrsaxde
                                    Participant

Thanks Mark! Feel free to stop in and visit any time while I'm there. Right now I'm scheduled to go in on Feb. 5 with surgery on the 7th. But I guess that's up in the air now depending on whether the government shuts down.

Rebecca and Bob
                                      Participant

Hi,

I haven't been on this board in forever but I saw your post. My husband Bob went to NIH for just IL-2 treatment back in 2008 for Lung mets and then surgery in 2009 with them for intestinal mets. He is still alive and well, I worry about him still. I just wanted to let you know, you are at a good agressive place. I do feel they saved my husbands life. I get sad coming on the site and pray they get better with the treatments.  Rebecca

Viewing 10 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics