The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

This woman …

Forums General Melanoma Community This woman …

• Replies
      gabsound
      Participant
        I saw this on the news this morning. I have no idea why this woman looks this way. This doesn’t look like any “tan” or sunburn I’ve ever seen. My husband thought maybe a radiation burn. Makeup? Kinda reminds me of that movie where Robert Downey Jr plays a black actor.Bizarre. I pray her daughter doesn’t follow in her Mom’s footsteps.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
        Participant
          I saw this on the news this morning. I have no idea why this woman looks this way. This doesn’t look like any “tan” or sunburn I’ve ever seen. My husband thought maybe a radiation burn. Makeup? Kinda reminds me of that movie where Robert Downey Jr plays a black actor.Bizarre. I pray her daughter doesn’t follow in her Mom’s footsteps.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
          Participant

Julie in Las Vegas

Linny
              Participant

I saw this yesterday. I don't know what to make of this story. Do tanning salons these days allow young children on their tanning beds? I'm not sure if we'll ever really know if the kid got her sunburn from a tanning salon or from playing outside. Either one shows negligence on the mother's behalf, though.

I don't know what's up with the woman's skin color, either. She's nuts if she thinks that looks attractive or healthy. If I remember correctly she's 44 years old but looks at least 10 years older due to all the sun damage.

Linny
                Participant

I saw this yesterday. I don't know what to make of this story. Do tanning salons these days allow young children on their tanning beds? I'm not sure if we'll ever really know if the kid got her sunburn from a tanning salon or from playing outside. Either one shows negligence on the mother's behalf, though.

I don't know what's up with the woman's skin color, either. She's nuts if she thinks that looks attractive or healthy. If I remember correctly she's 44 years old but looks at least 10 years older due to all the sun damage.

Linny
                  Participant

SoCalDave
                    Participant

Well, if tanning ever becomes an Olympic event, she'll take the Bronze!

Just goes to show Albert Einstein was right when he said:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Dave

killmel
                      Participant

Dave,

How is your DPCP treatment going??

Wendy

killmel
                        Participant

Dave,

Wendy

killmel
                          Participant

Dave,

Wendy

SoCalDave
                            Participant

Hi Wendy. Yes, still putting it on every 2 weeks. Haven't had a recurrence in the last 6 months, a new record!

Dave

SoCalDave
                              Participant

Hi Wendy. Yes, still putting it on every 2 weeks. Haven't had a recurrence in the last 6 months, a new record!

Dave

SoCalDave
                                Participant

Dave

Linny
                                  Participant

That's funny! LOL

Linny
                                    Participant

That's funny! LOL

Linny
                                      Participant

That's funny! LOL

SoCalDave
                                        Participant

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Dave

SoCalDave
                                          Participant

Dave

natasha
                                          Participant

It is even more dangerous ,when you have sunbed in your house .It can go out of control complitely .

Tanning is an addiction.

It is serious and it is something what you can see on TV every day – how nice and cool to be brown and how ugly to be pale.

I did sunbeds before my diagnosys.

I cannot stand to be pale – I am doing makeup and spray tan now.

It is addiction.

natasha
                                            Participant

It is even more dangerous ,when you have sunbed in your house .It can go out of control complitely .

Tanning is an addiction.

It is serious and it is something what you can see on TV every day – how nice and cool to be brown and how ugly to be pale.

It is addiction.

natasha
                                              Participant

Tanning is an addiction.

It is addiction.

bcl
                                                Participant

Industry on the Today Show  re tanning mom ( how to turn a negative into a positive with a sympathetic media..) 

Joe Levy Smart Tan “This is a sun bed….. exactly what you find used in dermatology offices for sunbed procedures for photo therapy procedures – it is little less intense than that. There are millions of customers a year who come to us because this is just like what they get in a dermatologists office but less expensive”

interviewer “you’re talking about Vitamin D”

Joe Levy “absolutely it was developed for Vitamin D production in northern Europe..”

( um….it may be good for Vitamin D production but that is not the reason for photo therapy procedures at the dermatologist's office! ) 

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47292831#47292831

https://smarttan.com/news/index.php/smart-tans-levy-on-nbc-today-show/

bcl
                                                  Participant

Industry on the Today Show  re tanning mom ( how to turn a negative into a positive with a sympathetic media..) 

Joe Levy Smart Tan “This is a sun bed….. exactly what you find used in dermatology offices for sunbed procedures for photo therapy procedures – it is little less intense than that. There are millions of customers a year who come to us because this is just like what they get in a dermatologists office but less expensive”

Joe Levy “absolutely it was developed for Vitamin D production in northern Europe..”

( um….it may be good for Vitamin D production but that is not the reason for photo therapy procedures at the dermatologist's office! ) 

Joan C
                                                      Participant

Ohhhh you go Dr Nancy Snyderman!   Love how she gets up in his face!!

Joan C
                                                        Participant

Joan C
                                                          Participant

bcl
                                                          Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics