The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

this a new site ?

Forums General Melanoma Community this a new site ?

Participant

Hi this is crafty  Judy to oldies  I was upset I couldnt find Joe Wray in memorials and his pic anymore  guess this site changed passed Jan 6 2005 had stage three for two years  want to say hi to old friends but i feel lost and sad now this is new to me miss the old design  well anyway hi  love crafty how is janner others 

Hi this is crafty  Judy to oldies  I was upset I couldnt find Joe Wray in memorials and his pic anymore  guess this site changed passed Jan 6 2005 had stage three for two years  want to say hi to old friends but i feel lost and sad now this is new to me miss the old design  well anyway hi  love crafty how is janner others 

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Hi Crafty,

Yes, the site is new and a little different.  I haven't checked out the memorials, but it is possible they may be redone.  You can email the MRF to ask if you want about Joe's.

There are still some of the oldtimers here, but this board doesn't get as much traffic as the old one used to.  I don't check here that often myself but am still around.

Glad you stopped by… don't be a stranger!  Let us know how you are doing!

Janner

Janner
          Participant

Hi Crafty,

Yes, the site is new and a little different.  I haven't checked out the memorials, but it is possible they may be redone.  You can email the MRF to ask if you want about Joe's.

There are still some of the oldtimers here, but this board doesn't get as much traffic as the old one used to.  I don't check here that often myself but am still around.

Glad you stopped by… don't be a stranger!  Let us know how you are doing!

Janner

DebbieH
            Participant

Hi Judy!  Lots of changes here – I didn't realize the memorials were gone but maybe they can get them back up.

How are you doing?  It's been ages since you've checked in – let us know what's new with you.

Deb

DebbieH
              Participant

Hi Judy!  Lots of changes here – I didn't realize the memorials were gone but maybe they can get them back up.

How are you doing?  It's been ages since you've checked in – let us know what's new with you.

Deb

W.
                Participant

Hi,

I think the older memorials are still accessible here: http://www.mpip.org/memorial.html

TinaR
                    Participant

Thank you for adding this…I very much appreciate your post! 

TinaR
                      Participant

Thank you for adding this…I very much appreciate your post! 

W.
                      Participant

Hi,

I think the older memorials are still accessible here: http://www.mpip.org/memorial.html

TinaR
                        Participant

Hi Judy,

I remember your stories about Joe and his passing and I remember every year as it comes exactly two years and two days after the first person I met here passed away.   Every January I think of  both of them I wonder how you and the families are getting along. When I think of Joe I "see" the pictures you posted…the baby picture and his walk along the beach. We might not be able to see the pictures here– but I have all of them forever in memory. I think  that is true of so many of the members who've participated in the MPIP over the years.

It is difficult to watch the changes to the site…the losses. This disease and the more intimate MPIP site changed the lives of many…it was such a blessing – the information, the support and the closeness that developed with people who understood what you were going through- physically and emotionally.  I hope you realize that no matter what is missing from the pages -there are people who remember your story & your husband Joe.  

Despite the horrible circumstance of our  MPIP participation… it was a pleasure to "meet" you. You were so funny …and you and your nemesis gave me years of enjoyment and some pretty hysterical laughter!  I hope you are finding  happiness out there Judy. You deserve it!

Take care,
                          Tina A/R  ( Roxanne)  
                            Anonymous
                            Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I have just added all of these memorials to our site.  There were a handfull that I couldn't complete because they are missing last names.  If you have any information for me on the following people, I will take care of this.  We aren't sure why these memorials didn't transfer over to the new site, but we are very sorry.  As soon as I get more information on these individuals, I'll be happy to make the updates.  Thank you in advance for any information you may have. 

Shelby – MRF

Page 1:  Sophie

Page 2:  Steve, Ronnie, Lynda, Dann, John, and Nate

Page 3:  Brenda, Irene, Randy, and Shayna

TinaR
                              Participant

Hi Shelby,

A lot of the people you mention did not use their last names on the site. It's possible they didn't want their full names to be identified.  I will try to contact the family/friends of the following that I remember off hand…Shayna, Sophie, John and Nate. I hope that you will consider adding them without their last names…possibly with the last name of MPIP friend or something like that…it might not be possible to contact everyone and it would be a shame to have them left from the site that meant enough to these people and their families to inspire the memorial. Hopefully the relatives or friends will contact you with info after I pass the message on.

TinaR 

Anonymous
                                Inactive

Hi TinaR,

I can certainly add these individuals with the last name MPIP Friend.  If you hear back about anyone, just let me know, and I can always edit the memorials after I put them up.  Thanks for your help!

Shelby

Anonymous
                                  Inactive

Hi TinaR,

I can certainly add these individuals with the last name MPIP Friend.  If you hear back about anyone, just let me know, and I can always edit the memorials after I put them up.  Thanks for your help!

Shelby

TinaR
                                    Participant

Hi Shelby,

A lot of the people you mention did not use their last names on the site. It's possible they didn't want their full names to be identified.  I will try to contact the family/friends of the following that I remember off hand…Shayna, Sophie, John and Nate. I hope that you will consider adding them without their last names…possibly with the last name of MPIP friend or something like that…it might not be possible to contact everyone and it would be a shame to have them left from the site that meant enough to these people and their families to inspire the memorial. Hopefully the relatives or friends will contact you with info after I pass the message on.

TinaR 

Anonymous
                                      Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I have just added all of these memorials to our site.  There were a handfull that I couldn't complete because they are missing last names.  If you have any information for me on the following people, I will take care of this.  We aren't sure why these memorials didn't transfer over to the new site, but we are very sorry.  As soon as I get more information on these individuals, I'll be happy to make the updates.  Thank you in advance for any information you may have. 

Shelby – MRF

Page 1:  Sophie

Page 2:  Steve, Ronnie, Lynda, Dann, John, and Nate

Page 3:  Brenda, Irene, Randy, and Shayna

TinaR
                                      Participant

Hi Judy,

I remember your stories about Joe and his passing and I remember every year as it comes exactly two years and two days after the first person I met here passed away.   Every January I think of  both of them I wonder how you and the families are getting along. When I think of Joe I "see" the pictures you posted…the baby picture and his walk along the beach. We might not be able to see the pictures here– but I have all of them forever in memory. I think  that is true of so many of the members who've participated in the MPIP over the years.

It is difficult to watch the changes to the site…the losses. This disease and the more intimate MPIP site changed the lives of many…it was such a blessing – the information, the support and the closeness that developed with people who understood what you were going through- physically and emotionally.  I hope you realize that no matter what is missing from the pages -there are people who remember your story & your husband Joe.  

Despite the horrible circumstance of our  MPIP participation… it was a pleasure to "meet" you. You were so funny …and you and your nemesis gave me years of enjoyment and some pretty hysterical laughter!  I hope you are finding  happiness out there Judy. You deserve it!

Take care,
                                        Tina A/R  ( Roxanne)  
                                    Viewing 7 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics