The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Third PD1 scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community Third PD1 scan results

Participant

My 3rd Merck PD1 scans show no chage. I have many subcentimeter nodes that shrunk considerably after the first 12 weeks. The Dr now feels that it is likely there is no active disease present. Impossible to confirm without a PET scan which will be done in 12-16 weeks. For now, I am grateful for these wonderful results. I am saddened by the reports over the past couple of weeks from those here on the board. I am only posting this so as to hopefully encurage someone along the way.I debated a good while before posting with so many difficult situations many are facing at the moment.

Tina

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Brendan
        Participant

Great news, Tina.  Thanks for posting; I think good news helps us all.  I have my third PD-1 infusion on Friday and I hope to follow your lead.

Brendan

Brendan
          Participant

Great news, Tina.  Thanks for posting; I think good news helps us all.  I have my third PD-1 infusion on Friday and I hope to follow your lead.

Brendan

Brendan
            Participant

Brendan

Mat
              Participant

Tina, thanks for posting your results, which are obviously great.  Please don't feel guilty about having or reporting positive results–we want to hear about them!  I personally enjoy reading about the success of others because it gives me "hope" (something we can all use in daily doses).  While you are correct that others have encountered, and will continue to encounter, major challenges (and we need to hear about those too), I don't think that anyone would say that they don't want to hear about how someone else is succeeding.  We all know that each of our situations (while similar) is different.

Mat
                Participant

Tina, thanks for posting your results, which are obviously great.  Please don't feel guilty about having or reporting positive results–we want to hear about them!  I personally enjoy reading about the success of others because it gives me "hope" (something we can all use in daily doses).  While you are correct that others have encountered, and will continue to encounter, major challenges (and we need to hear about those too), I don't think that anyone would say that they don't want to hear about how someone else is succeeding.  We all know that each of our situations (while similar) is different.

Mat
                  Participant

kpcollins31
                    Participant

Great to hear, Tina. Sound like there are a lot of promising results with Merck's PD1 drug… looking forward to rapid FDA approval hopefully. Never debate with yourself about posting good news. As someone how was literally diagnosed as stage 4 today, I will continue to be happy to read positive stories as it gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Snickers60
                        Participant

Tina – SOOOO Happy to hear your GOOD NEWS !  We all need to hear the GOOD REPORTS !   It gives those (all of us) HOPE when going through a tough time.  I'm always HAPPY for folks when they get a good report.   ROCK ON TINA !!!!!    GOD HAS BLESSED YOU – ENJOY !

Nancy (Devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne) 

Snickers60
                          Participant

Tina – SOOOO Happy to hear your GOOD NEWS !  We all need to hear the GOOD REPORTS !   It gives those (all of us) HOPE when going through a tough time.  I'm always HAPPY for folks when they get a good report.   ROCK ON TINA !!!!!    GOD HAS BLESSED YOU – ENJOY !

Snickers60
                            Participant

kpcollins31
                            Participant

Great to hear, Tina. Sound like there are a lot of promising results with Merck's PD1 drug… looking forward to rapid FDA approval hopefully. Never debate with yourself about posting good news. As someone how was literally diagnosed as stage 4 today, I will continue to be happy to read positive stories as it gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                              Participant

Kevin

POW
                                Participant

That's wonderful news, Tina! "Likely no active disease"– I'm so happy for you! Thank you for taking the time to share it and to encourage others not give up hope. One can just never tell which of these new miracle treatments will prove to be the right one for you. You keep on truckin', you hear?

POW
                                  Participant

That's wonderful news, Tina! "Likely no active disease"– I'm so happy for you! Thank you for taking the time to share it and to encourage others not give up hope. One can just never tell which of these new miracle treatments will prove to be the right one for you. You keep on truckin', you hear?

Maureen038
                                      Participant

Fantastic news Tina!!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                        Participant

Fantastic news Tina!!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                          Participant

Fantastic news Tina!!

Maureen

POW
                                          Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Love your post.

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Love your post.

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Love your post.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics