The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The Truth About Cancer LIVE 2019 — Fri Oct 11 – Sun Oct 13

Forums General Melanoma Community The Truth About Cancer LIVE 2019 — Fri Oct 11 – Sun Oct 13

• Replies
      Hitchens
      Participant
        To anyone reading Gene/Judy’s posts they should be taken with a grain of salt.
          Gene_S
          Participant
            Hitchens thanks for the vote of confidence. I at least post under a true name with profile listed. The only negative thing I posted was to someone that was picking on my husband when he told the truth about how chemo killed our daughter. If you have never lost a child you have no idea how bad this affects everything in your life.

I usually just post to give hope to others that they can overcome Stage IV cancer. I haven’t even been on here in a month.

Everyone has a right to know many things that don’t work or trying to find a cause of your problem. All researchers are different and because you don’t agree doesn’t mean that someone might find something out of it that could help.

So maybe you should look into what is posted and who posted it before you lay blame to someone.

Judy loving wife of Gene (Stage IV and now NED for over 7 years)

Hitchens
            Participant
              Gene/Judy
              I am not looking for an argument or to prolong a debate.
              This site can provide a great repository of information for people that are in need of accurate and factual information. I know when I first discovered it assisted greatly in understanding what I was dealing with, what questions, I should ask and prepare mentally and emotionally for difficult conversations with my care providers and my family.
              There are individuals on this site that spend countless hours (Thank you Celeste, Ed, Janner(You are missed)) researching and explaining the disease. They present objective information that benefits all that read it.
              There are others that present personal stories (Juliesocal, MelanomaMike, MelanomaTex,etc) that are inspiring and give us hope.
              I come to this site for this information it assists.
              I understand that you and your husband see no harm in what you are doing and are intending to continue. That is your choice. That being said you should not be surprised if someone disagrees or provides context to your post.
              I am sorry for your loss. I do wish you well. I also respectfully request you consider the harm you are doing when you post a link that started this conversation.

BTW the reason I post under a pseudonym is for privacy.

AnxiousDad
              Participant
                That’s a REALLY nice way of saying what I was going to say
                Gene_S
                Participant
                  Hitchens/ed williams/anons… only time will tell who was right or wrong!

Some of us took the opportunity to learn and educate one self about the different treatments that most other people missed. You say he is only in it for the money, but I bet you don’t know that chemo is the ONLY cancer drug that is sold to the doctors at wholesale prices and the profits are spilt between the doctor and the hospital. With a survivor rate of less than 3% for cancer patients that do the chemo treatment who is the con artist here?

With this posting, I am no longer spending/wasting my time trying to educate others here that there are more ways to fight cancer other than drugs. So Ed you won… Congratulations to you and your anons! So just go back and watch the drugs ads on TV that are the real con jobs.

In closing… I do wish you well and here is my final thought for you.

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident”.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Hitchens
                  Participant
                    Gene/Judy

You may want to extend your fact checking beyond the US. I am Canadian where we do not pay for treatment nor can the pharmaceutical companies pay physicians, hospitals, nurses, clinics, etc.
                    The UK, France, Germany, etc also have publicly funded healthcare. I haven’t researched them though I suspect the interaction between the pharmaceutical companies and healthcare is very similar to Canada.

Brian j
                  Participant
                      Gene_S
                      Participant
                        another ghost writer for Big Pharma
                        Brian j
                        Participant
                          Actually not Gene, Harriet Hall, MD is also known as The SkepDoc, is a retired family physician who writes about pseudoscience and questionable medical practices. She received her BA and MD from the University of Washington, did her internship in the Air Force (the second female ever to do so), and was the first female graduate of the Air Force family practice residency at Eglin Air Force Base. During a long career as an Air Force physician, she held various positions from flight surgeon to DBMS (Director of Base Medical Services) and did everything from delivering babies to taking the controls of a B-52. She retired with the rank of Colonel. In 2008 she published her memoirs, Women Aren’t Supposed to Fly.

She is a Great Person and a Doctor and not profiting like “The Truth about Cancer” Promoters !

Lucygoose
                          Participant
                            Of corse it’s not true. Doctors, nurses, scientists and pharmaceutical employees have loved ones who get cancer. So they don’t save them so they can perpetuate the big money making ‘scam’. Sorry spouse, sorry young son or daughter, Mom, dad, I can’t make money if I expose the scam to save you. Rrrriiiiggghhttt.

If some one had a natural cure for cancer venture capital would beat down the door to provide ways to get the clinical trials and patents done to market it. It would be a huge money maker.. Don’t think because it’s ‘natural’ it can’t be patented.

Im so tired of people foolishly believing the ‘truth exposers ‘ and supplement industry aren’t making money off of the innuendo and outright lies.

Viewing 1 reply thread
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics