The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The lastest

Forums General Melanoma Community The lastest

Participant

Ok.  So before I go a little further I will give you a shortened version of the whole story, like I always do, for those who are unfamiliar or have forgotten.  

NIVO/IPI combo

1st scan everything reduced by 1/2  Roller coaster high

Pituitary enlargement and vitiligo develops and  put on Prednisone complete only 3 of 4 Ipi and continue on Nivo  Roller Coaster high because I'm thinking I am responding but also low because I want the 4th dose and questioning what my life will look like now on all these new meds to replace pituitary function.

2nd scan no growth no shrinkage; stable  Roller coaster low; questioning if my good responses were over.

Tuesday I had my third scan.  I originally had 20+ tumors and now only have two measurable tumors left and they are shrinking!  Thank God for modern medicine and for being with me and my family through this.  I know it isn't over and that NED is not "cure" but I can't help but feel I am going to beat this.  ROLLER COASTER HIGH!

Wishing the best and for all as always.

Aaron

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        momof4boys
        Participant

Wow Aaron, thats fantastic news! Thanks for sharing as I'm sure we can all use a little hope and good news around here right now.

jenny22
          Participant

Hi Aaron- THAT IS GREAT NEWS….so happy for you…may it continue for many years to come….

jenny

Nicklindner
            Participant

awesome news man.  Thanks for sharing

Mat
              Participant

Great news–thanks for sharing!

Patrisa
                Participant

Aaron THAIT IS SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!

Enjoy your 'freedom', may it last forever!

youngann
                  Participant

That's wonderful news, Aaron. Thank you so much for sharing it with us and giving us all hope.

Ann

mdoh
                    Participant

What wonderful news! How awesome. Thanks for sharing. 

Maria C
                      Participant

Fabulous Aaron – from 20+ to 2, how much better can you do?!  Thanks so much for sharing your extradordinary news!!

Bubbles
                        Participant

That's WONDERFUL, Aaron!!!!! Enjoy!  celeste

UBContributor
                          Participant

just fantastic!!!!! so promising and hopeful!! as about pituitary, i read here many times people are totally ok just taking a small pill daily to replace its functions. 

maperny
                            Participant

Fantastic!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics