The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

the D.. melanoma won

Forums General Melanoma Community the D.. melanoma won

Participant

Well thanks to this Board Dad and I went to MDA in November.  What a great experience there!!!!     He was diagnosed February of 2005 stage III (?c).   Diagnosed stage IV October 6th to brain, ling, liver, and spleen.  The month of november he drove himself (against my better judgement) to WBR daily for 13 days.  Temedor was started early november.  

Well thanks to this Board Dad and I went to MDA in November.  What a great experience there!!!!     He was diagnosed February of 2005 stage III (?c).   Diagnosed stage IV October 6th to brain, ling, liver, and spleen.  The month of november he drove himself (against my better judgement) to WBR daily for 13 days.  Temedor was started early november.  

But just 2 weeks ago my father declined and I had Hospice start this past Sunday evening.  Tuesday he turned for the worse and lost the battle early Wednesday morning.  He fought to bitterly to the end even wanting to start his next round of Temodor last saturday.

Thank you all for your support.  And to those fighting Melanoma, may you win the battle and melanoma get sucked down the drain!  I am going to make it my mission to educate regarding melanoma and sunscreen use.  I am rambling but I need to do this ramble as no one else seems to understand.  I hate seeing people fry themselves in the sun-let alone their kids.  

anyways to all the fighters here and their family members keep going and fighting!!

Melissa

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Melissa,

I am so sorry for your loss. It seems no matter what we do melanoma has it's own path it's going to follow. It sounds like your father was a very determined man – driving himself for wbr!!  Try to remember the good memories and pull them close to your heart.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Melissa,

I am so sorry for your loss. It seems no matter what we do melanoma has it's own path it's going to follow. It sounds like your father was a very determined man – driving himself for wbr!!  Try to remember the good memories and pull them close to your heart.

Linda

Sherron
            Participant

Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss.  I just lost my husband of 43 years on Nov 30th, 2010.  Jim fought with natural and alternative treatments rather than the regular protocol.  He had 4 very good years (all about QUALITY of life), then started declining in September.  He was given only 18 months.

Melanoma seems to do what it wants, when it wants to, to whomever it wants to..It does have a mind of its own.  I consider your Dad a Warrior and not a loser….Melanoma did not win.  Your Dad is no longer in pain.  This the way I view my husband's loss…that he fought his way, very hard right to the end, was in a great deal of pain.  He wanted to go home so bad.  But the Angels took him home.  I miss him terribly.

This Board is a wonderful support system.  Let yourself rant, ramble, get it out.  More people need to know about this disease.  All of us here, understand, but we do need to let other know about this disease.  My Husbands was nodular, DID NOT COME from a MOLE…JUST appeared as a tumor.  We have filed an Agent Orange Claim.  After he passed, I went back to the VSO.  They asked if I wanted to pursue the claim.  My answer"YES"…because we feel his Melanoma came from Agent Orange.  It is not on the list now, but someday it will.  It will not help my husband or me, but it might help someone else, that was in Viet Nam that is a bit younger.  If the claims are not filed, then they will never look at it as a possibility…Just this last year they have added 3 new diseases to the list.  I am doing this because it is the right thing to do in honor for my husband and others that might get Melanoma from Agent Orange.

SO, you go make it your mission to edudcatde others regarding Melanoma in anyway that you can.  Keep rambling, keep fighting and we all will.

Your loss is fresh, just as mine is.  Take care of yourself.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
              Participant

Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss.  I just lost my husband of 43 years on Nov 30th, 2010.  Jim fought with natural and alternative treatments rather than the regular protocol.  He had 4 very good years (all about QUALITY of life), then started declining in September.  He was given only 18 months.

Melanoma seems to do what it wants, when it wants to, to whomever it wants to..It does have a mind of its own.  I consider your Dad a Warrior and not a loser….Melanoma did not win.  Your Dad is no longer in pain.  This the way I view my husband's loss…that he fought his way, very hard right to the end, was in a great deal of pain.  He wanted to go home so bad.  But the Angels took him home.  I miss him terribly.

This Board is a wonderful support system.  Let yourself rant, ramble, get it out.  More people need to know about this disease.  All of us here, understand, but we do need to let other know about this disease.  My Husbands was nodular, DID NOT COME from a MOLE…JUST appeared as a tumor.  We have filed an Agent Orange Claim.  After he passed, I went back to the VSO.  They asked if I wanted to pursue the claim.  My answer"YES"…because we feel his Melanoma came from Agent Orange.  It is not on the list now, but someday it will.  It will not help my husband or me, but it might help someone else, that was in Viet Nam that is a bit younger.  If the claims are not filed, then they will never look at it as a possibility…Just this last year they have added 3 new diseases to the list.  I am doing this because it is the right thing to do in honor for my husband and others that might get Melanoma from Agent Orange.

SO, you go make it your mission to edudcatde others regarding Melanoma in anyway that you can.  Keep rambling, keep fighting and we all will.

Your loss is fresh, just as mine is.  Take care of yourself.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

JuleFL
                Participant
                  I am so very sorry for your loss and will be praying for your comfort and peace.

Jule (Cal’s wife -melanoma took his life in September)

JuleFL
                  Participant
                    I am so very sorry for your loss and will be praying for your comfort and peace.

Jule (Cal’s wife -melanoma took his life in September)

Cate
                    Participant

Melissa,  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how difficult this must be for you.   You have been a wonderful caregiver for your father and he has been so lucky to have you.  Take care and comfort knowing your dad is at peace.   Cate

Cate
                      Participant

Melissa,  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how difficult this must be for you.   You have been a wonderful caregiver for your father and he has been so lucky to have you.  Take care and comfort knowing your dad is at peace.   Cate

Lori C
                        Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your dad sounds like an amazing fighter.  I am glad he had you helping him, and it does sound like he was incredibly determined.  May his memory be for a blessing, and his spirit be close.

Lori C
                          Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your dad sounds like an amazing fighter.  I am glad he had you helping him, and it does sound like he was incredibly determined.  May his memory be for a blessing, and his spirit be close.

jag
                            Participant

very sorry to hear this Melissa.  

Best

John

jag
                              Participant

very sorry to hear this Melissa.  

Best

John

EmilyandMike
                                Participant

So sorry Melissa – I love that you are taking this horrible experience and turning it into something positive – to educate all of the "clueless" people out there.  I was one of those clueless people and wish someone would have explained just how deadly a tan could be.

Best,

Emily

EmilyandMike
                                  Participant

So sorry Melissa – I love that you are taking this horrible experience and turning it into something positive – to educate all of the "clueless" people out there.  I was one of those clueless people and wish someone would have explained just how deadly a tan could be.

Best,

Emily

BethA in VA
                                    Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear father.  He was lucky, because he had you with him.  Your love and support for your dad is the best you could ever do for him.  He is at rest now after a big fight.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                      Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear father.  He was lucky, because he had you with him.  Your love and support for your dad is the best you could ever do for him.  He is at rest now after a big fight.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Beth 3/B

naty
                                        Participant

thank you all!  I am so glad he is not suffering.  It is such a NASTY disease!!  

naty
                                          Participant

thank you all!  I am so glad he is not suffering.  It is such a NASTY disease!!  

Melissa I am so sorry for your loss.  Your dad sounds like a real trooper and put up his best fight.  Your pain I am sure is hard to bare.  I pray that with time you will feel the peace that your father feels now. 

With love and prayers,

Shelly

Melissa I am so sorry for your loss.  Your dad sounds like a real trooper and put up his best fight.  Your pain I am sure is hard to bare.  I pray that with time you will feel the peace that your father feels now. 

With love and prayers,

Shelly

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics