The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The Best Team I could ever hope for

Forums General Melanoma Community The Best Team I could ever hope for

Participant

Since finding out I had brain mets a week ago today, I've had some rough days, but now I'm back to hopeful and not giving up.   I also truly believe that if you continue to worry and think the worst, then your attitude and body give up. 

Since finding out I had brain mets a week ago today, I've had some rough days, but now I'm back to hopeful and not giving up.   I also truly believe that if you continue to worry and think the worst, then your attitude and body give up. 

I have the most amazing team ever.  When I first decided against WBR, the neurologist and radiologist both emailed me on Sunday and said "Let's get together on Monday to talk about this more". What Dr. would call on his day off???  I also emailed my radiologist this morning telling him about a small pain I had in my head. He emailed me back 10 minutes later with some questions and found out it "had nothing to do with the small lumps in my head".  Truly amazing how quickly these people get back to you.  They're even hoping that since I've so far had great success with ipi, that it will do it's job of keeping more of anything coming around for awhile.  

All I know is no matter how bad things seem sometimes, these people are doing everything they can and as quickly as they can, to get things done.  This attitude from all these medical Dr's makes me feel like they really care and I think that's hard to come by at times.

Lisa

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        lyndaloo
        Participant

Hi Lisa – I am happy to hear that your medical team is responsive and cares so much about your case.  We are awaiting brain scan results for my husband before he starts ipi next week, his last brain scan was in July and everything was stable at that time.  We have had a couple of down days this week, but you are absolutely right.  We have to remain hopeful and positive and not let our fears overcome us (easier said than done some days).  I pray that ipi will continue to do its magic for you, and hopeful that ipi does the same for my husband.  Positive thoughts and prayers!!!!!!  (we are located in Canada as well)

Lyndaloo

lyndaloo
          Participant

Hi Lisa – I am happy to hear that your medical team is responsive and cares so much about your case.  We are awaiting brain scan results for my husband before he starts ipi next week, his last brain scan was in July and everything was stable at that time.  We have had a couple of down days this week, but you are absolutely right.  We have to remain hopeful and positive and not let our fears overcome us (easier said than done some days).  I pray that ipi will continue to do its magic for you, and hopeful that ipi does the same for my husband.  Positive thoughts and prayers!!!!!!  (we are located in Canada as well)

Lyndaloo

lyndaloo
            Participant

Lyndaloo

walesgirl
              Participant

Lisa…you are one of the bravest persons I don't know! but I've been 'keeping up' with your current course and am overwhelmed with your strength…keeping positive thoughts coming your way

Sally B

Stage II (9/2011)

walesgirl
                Participant

Lisa…you are one of the bravest persons I don't know! but I've been 'keeping up' with your current course and am overwhelmed with your strength…keeping positive thoughts coming your way

Sally B

Stage II (9/2011)

walesgirl
                  Participant

Sally B

Stage II (9/2011)

FormerCaregiver
                    Participant

Lisa, I feel that you have a great attitude and have every chance of achieving a durable remission once the brain mets have been treated. You certainly have had an outstanding response to Yervoy so far.

If only everyone here had a medical team like you have!

You remain in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

Vermont_Donna
                        Participant

Dear Lisa,

I am sorry I havent posted sooner about your news regarding the brain tumors. My internet sppeds have been slowed at home due to kids downloading so much and at work i dont have time to log on to this site. I am so sorry to hear that the melanoma has traveled to your brain, but wow you are holding up well and you do have a fantastic team of medical people who are truly looking out for you. Thats wonderful that they are in touch on their days off…not alot of medical doctors will do that. Of course you are going to have down days and sad days as you absorb this latest info, process it, grieve it and then move to fighting mode once again. I admire your courage and your determination to beat this disease! I am thinking of you and look forward always to reading your posts!

Hugs from VT,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
                          Participant

Dear Lisa,

I am sorry I havent posted sooner about your news regarding the brain tumors. My internet sppeds have been slowed at home due to kids downloading so much and at work i dont have time to log on to this site. I am so sorry to hear that the melanoma has traveled to your brain, but wow you are holding up well and you do have a fantastic team of medical people who are truly looking out for you. Thats wonderful that they are in touch on their days off…not alot of medical doctors will do that. Of course you are going to have down days and sad days as you absorb this latest info, process it, grieve it and then move to fighting mode once again. I admire your courage and your determination to beat this disease! I am thinking of you and look forward always to reading your posts!

Hugs from VT,

Vermont_Donna
                            Participant

Dear Lisa,

Hugs from VT,

Lisa13
                              Participant

Thanks Donna.

I've had a great ipi response just like you. 50% of my lung tumours shrank and some disappeared (except 2), so that is good news. Yes, it sucks that I have 2 brain mets, but I'm getting them zapped on Tuesday and just hope and pray the ipi will do it's magic to keep new ones from growing anytime soon.

There are always good days and bad days, but right now, I'm just living my life. I feel healthy, so that is a good thing right now.

Lisa

Lisa13
                                Participant

Thanks Donna.

I've had a great ipi response just like you. 50% of my lung tumours shrank and some disappeared (except 2), so that is good news. Yes, it sucks that I have 2 brain mets, but I'm getting them zapped on Tuesday and just hope and pray the ipi will do it's magic to keep new ones from growing anytime soon.

There are always good days and bad days, but right now, I'm just living my life. I feel healthy, so that is a good thing right now.

Lisa

Lisa13
                                  Participant

Thanks Donna.

Lisa

FormerCaregiver
                                  Participant

Lisa, I feel that you have a great attitude and have every chance of achieving a durable remission once the brain mets have been treated. You certainly have had an outstanding response to Yervoy so far.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                    Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

Gene_S
                                      Participant

I am happy to hear the great news about your team.  It is wonderful that they are so caring and it really makes it easier when they show so much compassion to put you first.

Keep up the good attitude as it will help you also.  I hope the Ipi keeps working for  you as well.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene)

Terra
                                          Participant

Lisa, I hope and pray ipi continues to its job – and I think there is definitely every reason to believe it will.  We will be TO for a scan mid Dec  – maybe we will be able to see you there.

Terra
                                            Participant

Lisa, I hope and pray ipi continues to its job – and I think there is definitely every reason to believe it will.  We will be TO for a scan mid Dec  – maybe we will be able to see you there.

Terra
                                              Participant

Gene_S
                                              Participant

I am happy to hear the great news about your team.  It is wonderful that they are so caring and it really makes it easier when they show so much compassion to put you first.

Keep up the good attitude as it will help you also.  I hope the Ipi keeps working for  you as well.

Gene_S
                                                Participant

LynnLuc
                                                  Participant

Hoping that everything will go perfect !! I also have a awesome team at Moffitt. Dr. W and the rest of the team put my previous people at Mayo in Mn and in Bismarck to serious shame. And yep my onc e-mails me day or night personally and doesn't rely on his nurses or sec. I have never had a doc like him before…he cares about his patients. -Lynn

LynnLuc
                                                    Participant

Hoping that everything will go perfect !! I also have a awesome team at Moffitt. Dr. W and the rest of the team put my previous people at Mayo in Mn and in Bismarck to serious shame. And yep my onc e-mails me day or night personally and doesn't rely on his nurses or sec. I have never had a doc like him before…he cares about his patients. -Lynn

LynnLuc
                                                      Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics