The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

thanks & update

Forums General Melanoma Community thanks & update

Participant

hello friends,

just a real quick update from rehab.  After 25 days inpatient I was moved to rehab on Thanksgiving.  What a beautiful day!

I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Special thanks to Charlie and keeping everybody updated.  Looks like he will have a few weeks here while I regain strength and hopefully the ability to walk.

Special thanks to software program Dragon speaking naturally which allows me to communicate so easily without the use of the keyboard.

I'll keep you all posted as time allows.

hello friends,

just a real quick update from rehab.  After 25 days inpatient I was moved to rehab on Thanksgiving.  What a beautiful day!

I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Special thanks to Charlie and keeping everybody updated.  Looks like he will have a few weeks here while I regain strength and hopefully the ability to walk.

Special thanks to software program Dragon speaking naturally which allows me to communicate so easily without the use of the keyboard.

I'll keep you all posted as time allows.

Jerry from Cape Cod.

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rocco
        Participant

Hi Jerry!

Glad to see that you're well enough to post here!  Wonderful to hear that you're out of the hospital and onto bigger and better things like rehab!  Prayers and good vibes are sent your way for continued improvement on all fronts. 

Hang in there my fellow New England warrior! 

-Rocco (in NH), Stage IV 2005

Rocco
          Participant

Hi Jerry!

Glad to see that you're well enough to post here!  Wonderful to hear that you're out of the hospital and onto bigger and better things like rehab!  Prayers and good vibes are sent your way for continued improvement on all fronts. 

Rocco
            Participant

Hi Jerry!

jackiewin
              Participant

What a happy surprise to see you posting.   Glad your improved enough to do it, out of the hospital and in rehab.  Hoping for a very quick recovery for you.

Jackie W

jackiewin
                Participant

What a happy surprise to see you posting.   Glad your improved enough to do it, out of the hospital and in rehab.  Hoping for a very quick recovery for you.

Jackie W

jackiewin
                  Participant

Jackie W

jag
                    Participant

Jerry, glad to hear that you are on the mend.  Get well soon.

J.

jag
                      Participant

J.

jag
                        Participant

J.

BonnieLea
                          Participant

oh how great to hear from you Jerry:   I appreciate as we all do, knowing you are finally outta there.    Soon you will be chomping on a giant chunk of COW!  (I will delicately  chomp on lobister)

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                            Participant

oh how great to hear from you Jerry:   I appreciate as we all do, knowing you are finally outta there.    Soon you will be chomping on a giant chunk of COW!  (I will delicately  chomp on lobister)

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                              Participant

Love Bonnie

Gene_S
                                Participant

Hello Jerry

It is good to hear you are on the mends.  I hope all goes quickly and well with your recovery.  We will continue to keep you in our prayers.  Thanks for the update hope to here more as you get to feeling better.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                  Participant

Hello Jerry

It is good to hear you are on the mends.  I hope all goes quickly and well with your recovery.  We will continue to keep you in our prayers.  Thanks for the update hope to here more as you get to feeling better.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                    Participant

Hello Jerry

Judy and Gene

FormerCaregiver
                                      Participant

Jerry, it is great to read that you have improved significantly.

Be assured that there are a lot of people praying for you, and you remain in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                        Participant

Be assured that there are a lot of people praying for you, and you remain in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

NYKaren
                                            Participant

Jerry, 

it's really great to see a post from you.  So glad you're in rehab, and looking forward to reading of your progress

take care,

NYKaren
                                              Participant

Jerry, 

it's really great to see a post from you.  So glad you're in rehab, and looking forward to reading of your progress

take care,

NYKaren
                                                Participant

Jerry, 

take care,

FormerCaregiver
                                                Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

lhaley
                                                  Participant

Jerry,

Glad your able to be out of the hospital and able to gain some strength at the rehab.   Thanks for letting us know and can't wait to hear you feeling better.

Linda

lhaley
                                                    Participant

Jerry,

Glad your able to be out of the hospital and able to gain some strength at the rehab.   Thanks for letting us know and can't wait to hear you feeling better.

Linda

lhaley
                                                      Participant

Jerry,

Linda

JerryfromFauq
                                                        Participant

Well, Other Jerry, I was getting worried when I didn't receive responses from you.  NOW YOU'VE MADE MY DAY.  Great to see you on here again.  Been praying for the bike rides to get going again.  

PS, which version of Dragon Natural Speaking do you use?  That may work to get my wvie to communicate with others again! 

JerryfromFauq
                                                          Participant

Well, Other Jerry, I was getting worried when I didn't receive responses from you.  NOW YOU'VE MADE MY DAY.  Great to see you on here again.  Been praying for the bike rides to get going again.  

PS, which version of Dragon Natural Speaking do you use?  That may work to get my wvie to communicate with others again! 

JerryfromFauq
                                                            Participant

chet
                                                              Participant

Glad to see you're doing well! Praying for a speedy recovery. Keep fighting!

chet
                                                                Participant

chet
                                                                  Participant

JuleFL
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Jule

JuleFL
                                                                      Participant

Jule

JuleFL
                                                                        Participant

Jule

killmel
                                                                          Participant

Jerry,

I have been away & sadden by your news but thrilled you are gettting better.

Was your illness related to your melanoma treatment. If so, I am sure others would be interested in knowing which treatment caused your problems just in case others having the same treatemnt could have a similiar side effect.

If this information is too personal, I can understand why yoou would not want to share.

Most importantly, hoping you continue your recovery quickly. Are you still getting treatment for melanoma?

God Bless you.

Mary

killmel
                                                                            Participant

Jerry,

Was your illness related to your melanoma treatment. If so, I am sure others would be interested in knowing which treatment caused your problems just in case others having the same treatemnt could have a similiar side effect.

If this information is too personal, I can understand why yoou would not want to share.

Most importantly, hoping you continue your recovery quickly. Are you still getting treatment for melanoma?

God Bless you.

Mary

killmel
                                                                              Participant

Jerry,

God Bless you.

Mary

KevinM
                                                                                Participant

Jerry,

I'm so happy that things are looking up for you! I hope you are feeling stronger every day and that you'll be back home soon.

Take good care of yourself!!

kevin 

KevinM
                                                                                  Participant

Jerry,

I'm so happy that things are looking up for you! I hope you are feeling stronger every day and that you'll be back home soon.

kevin 

KevinM
                                                                                    Participant

Jerry,

kevin 

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics