The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thanks boots!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Thanks boots!!!

Participant

A big thanks to boot2aboot for the information about PALS Service.  We called on Friday and Amanda got the vouchers to my son and his wife on Monday – they left for Moffitt (and Dr. Weber) yesterday.   You were right – Amanda was fantastic.  If it weren't you (and this forum), we never would have known about the good people at PALS Service and Southwest.  Cannot thank you enough.  Jeff and Melissa got in to see the good doctor today.  We are so grateful.

Thanks again,

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

A big thanks to boot2aboot for the information about PALS Service.  We called on Friday and Amanda got the vouchers to my son and his wife on Monday – they left for Moffitt (and Dr. Weber) yesterday.   You were right – Amanda was fantastic.  If it weren't you (and this forum), we never would have known about the good people at PALS Service and Southwest.  Cannot thank you enough.  Jeff and Melissa got in to see the good doctor today.  We are so grateful.

Thanks again,

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

I would appreciate knowing some info regarding PALS Service. How to qualify and PALS Service contact information.

Thanks for responding in advance to my request.

killmel
          Participant

I would appreciate knowing some info regarding PALS Service. How to qualify and PALS Service contact information.

killmel
            Participant

s Mom
              Participant

I called Amanda Ranieri at PALS Services right after the appointment was made at Moffitt.

Patient AirLift Services

http://www.palservices.org

Amanda's phone #  516.300.1660 ext. 104

She arranged everything.  Since Jeff was flying from Chicago to Florida, Southwest offered vouchers for his round trip flight.  You have to show financial need (he has not been working regularly since February), and you have to be able to walk.  Your doctor also has to sign a medical waiver form. They allow one care-giver to fly along, so Melissa (his wife) was able to go.  We never would have known about this service if it wasn't for this WONDERFUL forum and boot's posts (thanks again).  Amanda was fabulous and we are so grateful.   They stayed at a hotel that had reduced rates for Moffitt patients (through Joe's house – Google it) and had a shuttle take them back and forth – no rental car necessary.  Jeff saw Dr. Weber and has a list of options for treatment if Zelboraf fails.  

Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

LynnLuc
                  Participant

Dr Weber is my oncologist and he is fantastic! I have been stage 4 for nearly 3 years and NED ( No evidence of disease) for 2 years!  He is in very good hands! – Lynn

LynnLuc
                    Participant

Dr Weber is my oncologist and he is fantastic! I have been stage 4 for nearly 3 years and NED ( No evidence of disease) for 2 years!  He is in very good hands! – Lynn

LynnLuc
                      Participant

s Mom
                      Participant

I called Amanda Ranieri at PALS Services right after the appointment was made at Moffitt.

Patient AirLift Services

She arranged everything.  Since Jeff was flying from Chicago to Florida, Southwest offered vouchers for his round trip flight.  You have to show financial need (he has not been working regularly since February), and you have to be able to walk.  Your doctor also has to sign a medical waiver form. They allow one care-giver to fly along, so Melissa (his wife) was able to go.  We never would have known about this service if it wasn't for this WONDERFUL forum and boot's posts (thanks again).  Amanda was fabulous and we are so grateful.   They stayed at a hotel that had reduced rates for Moffitt patients (through Joe's house – Google it) and had a shuttle take them back and forth – no rental car necessary.  Jeff saw Dr. Weber and has a list of options for treatment if Zelboraf fails.  

Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                        Participant

Patient AirLift Services

Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics