The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thanks and update

Forums General Melanoma Community Thanks and update

Participant

Hi All,

After almost 4 years on my melanoma journey (see profile) I've now gotten to where it's time to wait this out.   I'm set up with Hospice and have been working with them to manage the pain from my abdomen and leg mets.

I'm hoping to continue to lurk on the board for a long time, but I wanted to say now I am so thankful for all of the wonderful support, virtual hugs, emails, and conversations I have had with many of you over the years.   You've been my rock and inspiration many times.

Hi All,

After almost 4 years on my melanoma journey (see profile) I've now gotten to where it's time to wait this out.   I'm set up with Hospice and have been working with them to manage the pain from my abdomen and leg mets.

I'm hoping to continue to lurk on the board for a long time, but I wanted to say now I am so thankful for all of the wonderful support, virtual hugs, emails, and conversations I have had with many of you over the years.   You've been my rock and inspiration many times.

Warmest regards to everyone.   I really feel in my heart that a cure is coming soon.

-Mark

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Replies
        bill58
        Participant

Mark,

I read your profile.  Looks like things moved pretty fast this year.

Sending electronic hugs and healing prayers/thoughts.  I hope the whole Hospice thing works out well for you and your family.  Please keep us posted as much as possible.

This whole Melanoma thing sucks.  I am still dealing with Will's passing this week. as well as others.  It is tough to lose so many warriors so quickly.

Bill.

bill58
          Participant

Mark,

I read your profile.  Looks like things moved pretty fast this year.

Sending electronic hugs and healing prayers/thoughts.  I hope the whole Hospice thing works out well for you and your family.  Please keep us posted as much as possible.

This whole Melanoma thing sucks.  I am still dealing with Will's passing this week. as well as others.  It is tough to lose so many warriors so quickly.

Bill.

EricNJill
            Participant

Mark,

You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jill n Eric in OH

EricNJill
              Participant

Mark,

You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jill n Eric in OH

dian in spokane
                Participant

Mark,

I'm sorry it has come to this. I think of you often, and wonder how your treatments are going. I was so hoping that things had taken a turn for the better.

Best of luck to you during this time, I hope you get good pain management and have time to spend with your family peacefully.

dian

dian in spokane
                  Participant

Mark,

I'm sorry it has come to this. I think of you often, and wonder how your treatments are going. I was so hoping that things had taken a turn for the better.

Best of luck to you during this time, I hope you get good pain management and have time to spend with your family peacefully.

dian

Jerry from Cape Cod
                    Participant

Mark,

I pray that you remain at peace and pain free.  You are a true warrior.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                      Participant

Mark,

I pray that you remain at peace and pain free.  You are a true warrior.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Lori C
                        Participant

Mark, you will be in my thoughts, prayers, and if it's okay, I will include you in the candle lightings.

Lori C
                          Participant

Mark, you will be in my thoughts, prayers, and if it's okay, I will include you in the candle lightings.

ValinMtl
                            Participant

Mark, You are in my thoughts and I pray that they are able to get the pain under control. Val xx

ValinMtl
                              Participant

Mark, You are in my thoughts and I pray that they are able to get the pain under control. Val xx

Fen
                                Participant

Good vibes from a fellow NJ-er.  Where are you from?  I have fond memories of growing up in North Plainfield on Route 22. 

Hoping the pain can be controlled and that you have good times with your family.

Fen
                                  Participant

Good vibes from a fellow NJ-er.  Where are you from?  I have fond memories of growing up in North Plainfield on Route 22. 

Hoping the pain can be controlled and that you have good times with your family.

Rocco
                                    Participant

Mark,

I'm so very sorry to hear that the treatment didn't work.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Sending you a huge hug and prayers for a pain free journey.

Rocco, Stage IV

Rocco
                                      Participant

Mark,

I'm so very sorry to hear that the treatment didn't work.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Sending you a huge hug and prayers for a pain free journey.

Rocco, Stage IV

jag
                                        Participant

Mark, I am very sorry to hear that things have progressed, at the same time, it doesn't sound like you have had any serious systemic therapy at this point, which is surprising, I will say a prayer that IPI is a grand slam knockout punch for melanoma. 

God Bless

John

Vermont_Donna
                                            Participant

Hi,

Glad you have hospice for support and pain management. Never give up HOPE!!!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                              Participant

Hi,

Glad you have hospice for support and pain management. Never give up HOPE!!!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

jag
                                              Participant

Mark, I am very sorry to hear that things have progressed, at the same time, it doesn't sound like you have had any serious systemic therapy at this point, which is surprising, I will say a prayer that IPI is a grand slam knockout punch for melanoma. 

God Bless

John

Cate
                                                Participant

Mark, I'll be thinking of you.  I hope they find a cure soon.

Cate
                                                  Participant

Mark, I'll be thinking of you.  I hope they find a cure soon.

Mark I will hold you in my prayers daily, praying for the peace and love of God to surround you and hold you.  This melanoma journey is a long and tough road.  I pray for your comfort.

Peace,

Shelly in Switzerland

Mark I will hold you in my prayers daily, praying for the peace and love of God to surround you and hold you.  This melanoma journey is a long and tough road.  I pray for your comfort.

Peace,

Shelly in Switzerland

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics