The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Forums General Melanoma Community Thank you Thank you Thank you

Participant
      Hi Everyone., and To All Those That Have Responded to My Previous Texts,

Thank you from the bottom, top, and all possible sides of my heart and soul.

I haven’t been on the board in a while, but I just wanted to let you all know that my husband had his first CT scan (head to toe) since his tumor removal in his parotid (salivary) gland last July, and the results showed no evidence of any spread!!!!! We are delighted. Really happy. I am so grateful for all your prayers and help and support and advice and for always being there for me. He is still on adjuvant immunotherapy of NIVO, but because of the Covid-19 virus spread here in Ireland and a very underfunded health system, his dose has been doubled in order for him to go to hospital only once a month instead of every two weeks. That is the norm in the US so we’re OK with the change, as it will decrease the risk of him coming into contact with people that may be carrying coronavirus.

Again, thank you. Thank you. Thank you. May God listen to all my prayers and keep you safe and strong in this battle against melanoma.

With lots of love,
      Affected

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        sandyd77
        Participant
          Glad to hear the good news. Hope he does well with the Nivo infusions and you both stay well! Take good care.
          JudiAU
          Participant
            Great news and thank you for sharing. I’m glad they were able to adjust his treatment schedule to keep him safe and on schedule. Stay safe.
            Bubbles
            Participant
              Wonderful news!!! Stay well!! celeste
              jbronicki
              Participant
                Great news indeed. Happy St. Patrick’s Day too, good day to celebrate in Ireland, but probably at home this year. My mother was an O’Brien 🙂 I will be watching the live stream tonight of the Dropkick Murphy’s concert 🙂
                Lynn53
                Participant
                  Congratulations on the GREAT news! I’m happy to hear he’s getting his treatments and will be able to go home. Enjoy your celebration! Praising God!!
                  MelMel
                  Participant
                    Wonderful news and may the wind always be at his back. Thank you for sharing! I needed some good news for a change.
                    Melanie
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics