The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thank You

Forums General Melanoma Community Thank You

Participant

Thanks to all who have helped me over the past 13 months with my husband's melanoma.  It is with deep sorrow that I report that he passed away last Friday.  He fought a very brave fight, never compained, never gave up and had hope until the end.  His was a particularly aggressive form and there was no stopping the beast.  but through this board I became educated, learned about the different types of treatments and variations of melanoma and was able to discuss his situation with all of his medical team.  I was always amazed at the help and support I got here and

Thanks to all who have helped me over the past 13 months with my husband's melanoma.  It is with deep sorrow that I report that he passed away last Friday.  He fought a very brave fight, never compained, never gave up and had hope until the end.  His was a particularly aggressive form and there was no stopping the beast.  but through this board I became educated, learned about the different types of treatments and variations of melanoma and was able to discuss his situation with all of his medical team.  I was always amazed at the help and support I got here and by the courage of those of you who are fighting this thing.  My heart aches but I am wishing all of you the best.  With the new treatments coming out and the ongoing research it is my sincere hoope that this beast will be beaten down.

Susan, wife of Jim

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

Very sorry to have to hear this ending. Appreciated his fighting spirit.  At least no more earthly pain for him, just for the susrvivors now.  Think of the joyous time as much as possible.

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

Very sorry to have to hear this ending. Appreciated his fighting spirit.  At least no more earthly pain for him, just for the susrvivors now.  Think of the joyous time as much as possible.

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

POW
              Participant

Oh, Susan, I am so sorry for your loss! I understand how frustrating it is when someone has a melanoma that is so aggressive that there just isn't time for immune based therapies to work. Frustrating and heartbreaking. I think that you and Jim did extremely well by fighting it for as long as you did. Give yourself a lot of credit for that. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are both in my prayers.

POW
                Participant

Oh, Susan, I am so sorry for your loss! I understand how frustrating it is when someone has a melanoma that is so aggressive that there just isn't time for immune based therapies to work. Frustrating and heartbreaking. I think that you and Jim did extremely well by fighting it for as long as you did. Give yourself a lot of credit for that. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are both in my prayers.

POW
                  Participant

hbecker
                    Participant

Susan, so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you.

~Hazel

hbecker
                      Participant

~Hazel

hbecker
                        Participant

~Hazel

awillett1991
                          Participant
                            Susan – I am very sorry for your loss. Amy
                            awillett1991
                            Participant
                              awillett1991
                              Participant
                                Phil S
                                Participant
                                  Susan, So sorry about your loss, your husband sounds like an amazing man! You are also an incredible woman to be thanking us, during this time after Jim’s passing. God bless, hope your memories provide comfort. Take care, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                  Phil S
                                  Participant
                                    Susan, So sorry about your loss, your husband sounds like an amazing man! You are also an incredible woman to be thanking us, during this time after Jim’s passing. God bless, hope your memories provide comfort. Take care, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                    Phil S
                                    Participant
                                      Mickey n Jo
                                      Participant

Oh Susan, so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Both you and your husband are in my prayers.

Jo

Mickey n Jo
                                        Participant

Oh Susan, so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Both you and your husband are in my prayers.

Jo

Mickey n Jo
                                          Participant

Jo

Owl
                                            Participant

Dear Susan, I am so sorry, my thaught are with you in this difficult times. You seem to be an extraordinary person as well as your husband was. Jenny

Owl
                                              Participant

Dear Susan, I am so sorry, my thaught are with you in this difficult times. You seem to be an extraordinary person as well as your husband was. Jenny

Owl
                                                Participant

aldakota22
                                                  Participant

Very sorry to hear of the loss of Jim. Prayers go out for all of his family.May he always be in your heart  & thoughts.Beat the Beast.     Al

aldakota22
                                                    Participant

Very sorry to hear of the loss of Jim. Prayers go out for all of his family.May he always be in your heart  & thoughts.Beat the Beast.     Al

aldakota22
                                                      Participant

Swanee
                                                        Participant

Susan, so sorry to hear this news.  May the love and memories you shared with your husband Jim, comfort you in the days ahead.  Sending thoughts of peace and comfort to you!  Swanee   

Swanee
                                                          Participant

Susan, so sorry to hear this news.  May the love and memories you shared with your husband Jim, comfort you in the days ahead.  Sending thoughts of peace and comfort to you!  Swanee   

Swanee
                                                            Participant

pd1gal
                                                              Participant

Courtney,

Sending my heartfelt condolonces. I'm sure he loved you very much and is now in a better place looking after you now.

pd1gal

pd1gal
                                                                Participant

Courtney,

Sending my heartfelt condolonces. I'm sure he loved you very much and is now in a better place looking after you now.

pd1gal

pd1gal
                                                                  Participant

Courtney,

pd1gal

jaketheflake
                                                                    Participant

susan, i am extremely sorry for your loss, this melanoma is definitely a beast, my husband has metastic melanoma,it has been growing like wildfire,i don't think people truely understand wat melanoma is and wat it can do to u!!!!! my deepest sympathy to u and your family!!!!

jaketheflake
                                                                      Participant

susan, i am extremely sorry for your loss, this melanoma is definitely a beast, my husband has metastic melanoma,it has been growing like wildfire,i don't think people truely understand wat melanoma is and wat it can do to u!!!!! my deepest sympathy to u and your family!!!!

jaketheflake
                                                                        Participant

lrkg1234
                                                                          Participant

Susan,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have no idea what you are going through, but am terrified of experiencing it myself.  My husband is stage IV mucosal and progressing.  We are hanging in there for an anti PD-1 trial.  If you ever want to talk, please PM message me and I'll give you my e-mail address.  I'm sure that I'll need someone to talk to soon as well.  We have this horrible disease and it's suffering in common.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I wish you peace and comfort in this most difficult time. 

Lisa

lrkg1234
                                                                            Participant

Susan,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have no idea what you are going through, but am terrified of experiencing it myself.  My husband is stage IV mucosal and progressing.  We are hanging in there for an anti PD-1 trial.  If you ever want to talk, please PM message me and I'll give you my e-mail address.  I'm sure that I'll need someone to talk to soon as well.  We have this horrible disease and it's suffering in common.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I wish you peace and comfort in this most difficult time. 

Lisa

lrkg1234
                                                                              Participant

Susan,

Lisa

deardad
                                                                                Participant

My condolences Susan…Jim sounds like my dad……fought bravely till the end, never complained. What gracious human beings they are. No more pain for him, but perhaps a difficult road for you. You will find light at the end of this grief, my mum after 1 year has managed to go forward…still with a sad heart, but with acceptance.

Love to you,

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                  Participant

My condolences Susan…Jim sounds like my dad……fought bravely till the end, never complained. What gracious human beings they are. No more pain for him, but perhaps a difficult road for you. You will find light at the end of this grief, my mum after 1 year has managed to go forward…still with a sad heart, but with acceptance.

Love to you,

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                    Participant

Love to you,

Nahmi from Melbourne

NYKaren
                                                                                      Participant

Dear Susan,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                                        Participant

Dear Susan,

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                                          Participant

Dear Susan,

Karen

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics