The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Temodar and PD-1

Forums General Melanoma Community Temodar and PD-1

Participant

landed in the hospital, when i thought i was going for a final yervoy treatment. my body had other ideas. still looking towards starting the Keytruda, but am focusing on getting my strength back for a few weeks first.

question, we haven't heard about Temador in many years. my onc is suggesting i go on this due to my proclivative towards brain mets and LMD. he is suggesting i start this now and use it in combo with the PD1/

this is starting to sound a bit mad scientist to me. has anyone with brain mets here had any success with Temador. i've searched the forums and while people were having some success, this was quite a while ago. there were threads of people combining with early PD1 trials but i found little follow up.

if anyone has gone this route or has thoughts about it, i am very open to hearing.

as always, thank you in advance and bless,
      kali

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        mary1233
        Participant

I was on temodar and cisplatin for stage III mucosal melanoma. It made me very sick.

mary1233
            Participant

Actually, now that I think back, I remember reading that temodar was an unusual chemo drug because it did cross into the brain.

I read over and over again that the future of immunotherapy is going to be with combination treatments, so hopefully this will work for you. Best of luck.

mary1233
              Participant

Actually, now that I think back, I remember reading that temodar was an unusual chemo drug because it did cross into the brain.

I read over and over again that the future of immunotherapy is going to be with combination treatments, so hopefully this will work for you. Best of luck.

mary1233
                Participant

mary1233
                Participant

I was on temodar and cisplatin for stage III mucosal melanoma. It made me very sick.

mary1233
                  Participant

ncdaniel
                    Participant

Would like to give positive response to your question on Temador but my wife was on it for six months before she lost her battle to brain tumors. She was also on cisplatin  which was shrinking other tumors. Not sue this helps but maybe some others can reply with positive results. She was not on pd-1. 

ncdaniel
                      Participant

Would like to give positive response to your question on Temador but my wife was on it for six months before she lost her battle to brain tumors. She was also on cisplatin  which was shrinking other tumors. Not sue this helps but maybe some others can reply with positive results. She was not on pd-1. 

ncdaniel
                        Participant

kalisama
                            Participant

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's battle. I am reluctant to introduce this traditional chemo in to my treatment, with all of these immonotherapies available now and so little data to support the effectiveness of this med. thank you for sharing your story.

bless,
                              kali

kalisama
                              Participant

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's battle. I am reluctant to introduce this traditional chemo in to my treatment, with all of these immonotherapies available now and so little data to support the effectiveness of this med. thank you for sharing your story.

bless,
                                kali

kalisama
                                Participant

bless,
                                  kali

kalisama
                                Participant

thank you again for the feedback. i have chosen not to take this path right now and go directly to the keytruda in a few weeks after i continue to strengthen from hospital stay. i've waited so long for this med why would i taint it with another med? my theory is that i can always add the temador later if it seems like a practical combo therapy. perhaps there will even be studies by then.

once again, thank you and bless,
                                  kali

kalisama
                                  Participant

thank you again for the feedback. i have chosen not to take this path right now and go directly to the keytruda in a few weeks after i continue to strengthen from hospital stay. i've waited so long for this med why would i taint it with another med? my theory is that i can always add the temador later if it seems like a practical combo therapy. perhaps there will even be studies by then.

kali

kalisama
                                    Participant

kali

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics