The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Tafinlar – Mekinist Side effects

Forums General Melanoma Community Tafinlar – Mekinist Side effects

Participant
      Hello fellow Melanoma fighters.

I am in my 6th month of adjunvant treatment and every 6 weeks I get for approx. 4-5 days high fever, headaches and my joints hurt and a sore stomach.

Right now I am experiencing one of those episodes and when it gets too rough, I tend to tak IBUPROFEN 600 to ease the discomfort.

Anyone experiencing these side effects as well and if so, what do you normally take to ease the pain ?

Thank

Chris

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        swalters1038
        Participant
          I had the high fevers for the first 4 months about monthly and and have had them about twice since then (In my 11 month of treatment). I would immediately go of the pills and it would resolve for me in a day from stopping. I would usually give myself an additional day to recover from the fevers and go back on. I also had joint pain, but it was not associated with the fevers ( atleast that I know of). A steady diet of aspirin is what got me through those. I think the longest I’ve had joint pain was about two weeks, but it does come and go.
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics