The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Tafinlar/Mekinist Copay program

Forums General Melanoma Community Tafinlar/Mekinist Copay program

Participant
      I just wanted to share this with the group hoping it might help just one person! I have a high deductible plan with major medical and pharmacy all under a single deductible. Unfortunately the Copay program provides me zero benefit as it doesn’t county towards my deductible. I was persistent and cut out the insurance company and was able to get directly reimbursed my entire deductible ($5500) from Novartis. There is a reimbursement form that is provided by the company (Opus Health?), so you as the individual gets reimbursed directly. It was a huge relief for my family to not have to come up with any money for my direct health needs during 2019. Let me know if I can be of any help or give any guidance to anyone.

Cheers
      Steven
      2018 – 3C Parotidectomy/Modified Neck Disection, Radiation
      2019 – Adjuvant Tafinalr/Mekinist Combo

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant
          Hi Steven,

You might want to try https://www.us.tafinlarmekinist.com/advanced-melanoma/patient-support/cost-support/ to see if you qualify for this.

Blessings,
          Julie

swalters1038
            Participant
              Oh I’ve done all of that. It didn’t help me one bit since my deductible and max out of pocket include both major medical and pharmacy. I qualified for them, but would end up paying the max out of pocket on the medical side (CTs, MRIs, Appointments…etc) versus the pharmacy. Just saying I was able to cut out the middle man (insurance companies) and get paid directly.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics