The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Switching from Zelboraf to Taf/Mek Combo

Forums General Melanoma Community Switching from Zelboraf to Taf/Mek Combo

Participant
      Hi everybody,

Does anybody have an experience switching from Zelboraf to the Taf/Mek combo?
      How did it go?
      Does it still work if you have already progressed on “Z”

Am just really confused and a little scared now

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          I don’t have an absolute answer or data for you, Summer. (Maybe Ed can come through with something – he’s good like that, HA!) But I think since your mom was taking Zelboraf as a single agent there is a good chance that the Tafinilar combined with a MEK inhibitor could well be helpful. Hang in there. Your mom is blessed to have you! c
            Summer S.
            Participant
              Thank you so much! Bubbles
              This is reassuring <3
              and yeah, Ed is awesome, you are right I should check if he has insights on this.
            marta010
            Participant
              Hi Summer – my husband was on Zelboraf for about 9 months in 2012-13 before progression. He switched to ipi and followed that with Tafinlar. He has been on Tafinlar since 2013 with mostly stable results after initial reduction in tumors. Added Keytruda in May 2018 after another brain met appeared. He’s doing great – still on Keytruda and Tafinlar. I realize his results are atypical with Tafinlar working for so long. Hope the combo works for you/your loved one. Take care.
              Ann
                Summer S.
                Participant
                  Hi Marta – am so happy to hear that it has been working well for your husband, I hope it continues to do wonders for him.
                  Thank you for sharing your experience with me, it is really helpful.
                  I wish you two a long life of health and happiness.
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics