The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Success Story – julieincanada

Forums General Melanoma Community Success Story – julieincanada

Participant

I don't come to MPIP very often but back 12 years ago it was my lifeline ….

I don't come to MPIP very often but back 12 years ago it was my lifeline …. I was julieincanada.  I just wanted to let you know that my husband Peter turned 65 in February – we were in Hawaii and met Vicki for the first time!  Peter was dx with Stage 3b in August of 2001.  He had several surgeries, a year of high dose IFN and 6 weeks radiation.  Yes, it was very difficult and the side effects were paralyzing.  He was off work for 7 years and we really didn't think the IFN fog would ever go .  Well it did!  He is getting ready to start another year of working in mining construction .  He flies to work in a helicopter and has learned about a whole new industry.  Life is very exciting for him.  Yes he still needs gaba for neuropathy but his life ( and mine) are good.

Don't give up! miracles happen.  One day at a time.

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Hi Julie,

I think you will remember me.  We had our mutual friend, Patrick.  I still miss that guy.  I am in touch with his widow, Rejane, a couple of times a year.

I'm so happy to hear the news about Peter.  Thank you for leaving a post.  It will give hope to so many others.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

King
          Participant

Hi Julie,

I think you will remember me.  We had our mutual friend, Patrick.  I still miss that guy.  I am in touch with his widow, Rejane, a couple of times a year.

I'm so happy to hear the news about Peter.  Thank you for leaving a post.  It will give hope to so many others.

Stay Strong

King

arborbnb
              Participant

Of course I remember you an very glad that you are still doing well.  I have lost touch with Rejean but of course think of her and Patrick often

arborbnb
                Participant

Of course I remember you an very glad that you are still doing well.  I have lost touch with Rejean but of course think of her and Patrick often

arborbnb
                  Participant

King
                  Participant

Hi Julie,

Stay Strong

King

Bunmom
                    Participant

I'm new here, stage 3a and just underwent radical axillary lymph node dissection. I am so thankful you posted! My doctor tells me my prognosis is pretty good, but it's hard to believe sometimes. Hearing from people who are NED as long as your husband gives me great hope. Congratulations on your new lices!

Bunmom
                        Participant

OOPS!! I mean LIVES, not lice! OMG!

Bunmom
                          Participant

Bunmom
                            Participant

Bunmom
                            Participant

I'm new here, stage 3a and just underwent radical axillary lymph node dissection. I am so thankful you posted! My doctor tells me my prognosis is pretty good, but it's hard to believe sometimes. Hearing from people who are NED as long as your husband gives me great hope. Congratulations on your new lices!

Bunmom
                              Participant

Tina D
                                Participant

Your post is making me smile this morning. Thanks for taking the time to come back and share such encouraging news!!

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

Your post is making me smile this morning. Thanks for taking the time to come back and share such encouraging news!!

Tina

Tina D
                                    Participant

Tina

DebbieH
                                      Participant

Hi Julie – I've often wondered where you went!  Great news about Peter – it took ages for my brain fog to go away but it finally did – whew!  Glad to hear you're both doing well and happy to see you again!

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 11+ years after interferon

DebbieH
                                        Participant

Hi Julie – I've often wondered where you went!  Great news about Peter – it took ages for my brain fog to go away but it finally did – whew!  Glad to hear you're both doing well and happy to see you again!

arborbnb
                                            Participant

Another Interferon success story!  Glad to hear you are well too.  Did you have long term neuropathy from the IFN too – that is Peter's major complaint.

Julie

arborbnb
                                              Participant

Another Interferon success story!  Glad to hear you are well too.  Did you have long term neuropathy from the IFN too – that is Peter's major complaint.

Julie

arborbnb
                                                Participant

Julie

DebbieH
                                                Participant

Janner
                                                  Participant

Good to see you posting, Julie!  I got an update from Vickie after your visit!  So glad Peter is doing well!

Cheers,

Janner

Janner
                                                    Participant

Good to see you posting, Julie!  I got an update from Vickie after your visit!  So glad Peter is doing well!

Cheers,

Janner

Janner
                                                      Participant

Cheers,

Janner

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics