The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stomach ache & vomiting

Forums General Melanoma Community Stomach ache & vomiting

Participant
      Question for all of you…… My mom has stage 4 with tumors in her liver (5) and 1 (4cm) tumor in her messentary,and throughout lymph nodes . We are waiting for the results of BRAF. She has been having stomach pain each day, multiple times a day and then vomits every other day and then feels a bit better. Anyone have a guess as to what could cause this? This has been going on for 2 weeks. It is frustrating waiting for results. She has failed 10mg Ipi. Just waiting for results from BRAF so we can move forward and figure next step. Sorry for the rambling.

Question for all of you…… My mom has stage 4 with tumors in her liver (5) and 1 (4cm) tumor in her messentary,and throughout lymph nodes . We are waiting for the results of BRAF. She has been having stomach pain each day, multiple times a day and then vomits every other day and then feels a bit better. Anyone have a guess as to what could cause this? This has been going on for 2 weeks. It is frustrating waiting for results. She has failed 10mg Ipi. Just waiting for results from BRAF so we can move forward and figure next step. Sorry for the rambling.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

Hi…is it normal vomit?….can she eat?….is the vomit green?  Is it projectile?   I hope she does improved….Thinking about you and your mom…

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
          Participant

Hi…is it normal vomit?….can she eat?….is the vomit green?  Is it projectile?   I hope she does improved….Thinking about you and your mom…

Take Care,

Sherron
            Participant

Take Care,

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

Sorry to read about your mother's situation. These symptoms can be due to the side effects of treatment and/or they may be related to the cancer itself. It is impossible to be sure without seeking professional medical advice. So, I feel that it would be wise to consult a doctor without delay.

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

Sherb
                  Participant
                    Mom is not having any treatment while we wait for BRAF results. The vomit looks like bile, with whatever little bit of food she hs eaten. She is eating a little. It is not projectile vomit. I called the Dr office, she has some tumors in her abdomen along with multiple tumors in her liver. They called in a stronger anti nausea med along with an anti anxiety med to help her relax. They said the BRAF test should be back by next Wed. Here’s hoping ….. Thanks for the feedback.
                    Sherb
                    Participant
                      Mom is not having any treatment while we wait for BRAF results. The vomit looks like bile, with whatever little bit of food she hs eaten. She is eating a little. It is not projectile vomit. I called the Dr office, she has some tumors in her abdomen along with multiple tumors in her liver. They called in a stronger anti nausea med along with an anti anxiety med to help her relax. They said the BRAF test should be back by next Wed. Here’s hoping ….. Thanks for the feedback.
                      Sherb
                      Participant
                        Sherb
                        Participant
                          Sherb
                          Participant
                            Sherb
                            Participant
                              Sherb
                              Participant
                                Sherb
                                Participant
                                  martimus04
                                  Participant

This was a common thing with my wife from beginning to end; she had mets to her mesentery and small intestine, among others.  Before eating or drinking anything she always had to take Protonix, or some other kind of antacid, it usually helped her keep whatever she was able to eat down.  I don't know if this is because her diagnosis of acid reflux was true, or if they just helped keep the bile production down.  But it did help.

Best wishes to you and your Mom.

martimus04
                                    Participant

This was a common thing with my wife from beginning to end; she had mets to her mesentery and small intestine, among others.  Before eating or drinking anything she always had to take Protonix, or some other kind of antacid, it usually helped her keep whatever she was able to eat down.  I don't know if this is because her diagnosis of acid reflux was true, or if they just helped keep the bile production down.  But it did help.

martimus04
                                      Participant

Sherb
                                        Participant
                                        FormerCaregiver
                                        Participant

Sorry to read about your mother's situation. These symptoms can be due to the side effects of treatment and/or they may be related to the cancer itself. It is impossible to be sure without seeking professional medical advice. So, I feel that it would be wise to consult a doctor without delay.

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                          Participant

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics