The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still Kicking

Forums General Melanoma Community Still Kicking

Participant
      Today marks 1 week since I had a large chunk of my right atrium removed to get rid of a nasty cardiac met that had popped up quite quickly. The surgery went really well, all the tumour was removed, but I had to have a pacemaker inserted. I believe there might have been some evidence seen of other mets but I have not seen any reports or talked in detail with the surgeon about this.

Today marks 1 week since I had a large chunk of my right atrium removed to get rid of a nasty cardiac met that had popped up quite quickly. The surgery went really well, all the tumour was removed, but I had to have a pacemaker inserted. I believe there might have been some evidence seen of other mets but I have not seen any reports or talked in detail with the surgeon about this. All I know is that he has bought me some time to keep on fighting, because his words to my husband were that if we had not got this met out, I would have been dead in a few weeks, that’s how much it was starting to block the chamber.

I am still recovering in hospital, having been more troubled since by some terrible gastro issues, which are being investigated. I had an irritable bowel before I came into hospital, and I think being pumped full of all sorts of drugs on a basically empty stomach just made things 100 times worse. Anyway should get some answers on this tomorrow.

Next step is to see my melanoma oncologist on Monday, and hopefully get my first infusion of Ipi. Just praying that can be given ok and that it kicks in quick!

It’s been great to get support from everyone here, especially cardiac met buddy Amy
      Cheers
      Ally

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Best of luck with your recovery and your IPI infusions.  I'll be praying for you!

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

Best of luck with your recovery and your IPI infusions.  I'll be praying for you!

Brian

BrianP
            Participant

Brian

awillett1991
              Participant
                Just keep fighting Ally! Good,luck w Ipi. I didn’t have any serious problems, just loads of fatigue. My dr had me restart Zelboaf during Ipi though so we will never know if it worked for me or not.

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant
                  Just keep fighting Ally! Good,luck w Ipi. I didn’t have any serious problems, just loads of fatigue. My dr had me restart Zelboaf during Ipi though so we will never know if it worked for me or not.

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

benp
                    Participant

That's great they managed to get it out safely! Best of luck for the Ipi.

Ben (from Sydney).

benp
                      Participant

Ben (from Sydney).

benp
                        Participant

Ben (from Sydney).

POW
                          Participant

Thanks for the update, Ally. I've been thinking about you every day. It sounds like you have an excellent surgeon and a new lease on life. Good for you! Now I just hope they can get your digestive problems straightened out quickly. 

Here's to a speedy recovery and hoping that you get to start ipi on Monday.

POW
                            Participant

Thanks for the update, Ally. I've been thinking about you every day. It sounds like you have an excellent surgeon and a new lease on life. Good for you! Now I just hope they can get your digestive problems straightened out quickly. 

POW
                              Participant

deardad
                                Participant

Hi Ally, that's great news they got the heart met out! Hope recovering is quick. Hand in there and stay positive.

Luv Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                  Participant

I meant hang in there!…

AllyNTAus
                                    Participant
                                      Thanks everyone, I am leaving hospital today, my heart recovery is going well, my tummy is still causing a bit of grief but this could be melanoma related (in which case I will just have to hope the Ipi deals with it) or it could be some generalised irritable bowel issue, anyway I decided against having a scope to investigate it.

I am booked for my first infusion of Ipi on Monday, I just hope it works, I know there are people on this board who have had great results with it, and my doctors have assured me that AntiPD1 should still be an available option should Ipi not work.

AllyNTAus
                                      Participant
                                        Thanks everyone, I am leaving hospital today, my heart recovery is going well, my tummy is still causing a bit of grief but this could be melanoma related (in which case I will just have to hope the Ipi deals with it) or it could be some generalised irritable bowel issue, anyway I decided against having a scope to investigate it.

I am booked for my first infusion of Ipi on Monday, I just hope it works, I know there are people on this board who have had great results with it, and my doctors have assured me that AntiPD1 should still be an available option should Ipi not work.

AllyNTAus
                                        Participant

deardad
                                          Participant

Hi Ally, that's great news they got the heart met out! Hope recovering is quick. Hand in there and stay positive.

Luv Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                            Participant

Luv Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                              Participant

I meant hang in there!…

deardad
                                                Participant

I meant hang in there!…

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics