The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still here!

Forums General Melanoma Community Still here!

Participant
      Just wanted to say hi to everyone I’ve been keeping up on board. I hope everyone is doing well or on the way to doing well. Last I was on it think I told everyone of the three brain mets that developed.After srs and 1 dose of ipi/nivo i started to get light headed and new something was going on. 1 of the Mets that was treated hemorrhaged and was causing problems the other 2 shrunk from 6mm to 2mm. I also had 1 new one develop that was 7 mm. So 2 days after ipi/nivon infusion doctors decided to stop immunotherapy and go back to braf because I had such a big response to it prior. After 8 weeks mri showed original 2 and new brain met were not visible on mri. The hemorrhaged met shrunk also and showed no edema. However after about 3 weeks on braf I developed every side effect in book,chills,fever of 104+ loss of appetite change of the way food tasted etc. My local doc thought we should keep on drugs and thus is partly my fault because I knew better but I ended up in hospital for 2 days with low sodium among way walked liver function. I stopped drugs and immediately things returned to normal. Tried to restart after 8 day layoff and same result. So I then took 2 weeks off to gain some wait…Lost about 13# and reduced dose. Made it 2 weeks with no issues then chills and fever. I immediately stopped for 8 days and trying again starting this past Sunday. Had another mri at u of chicago and they think hemorrhaged met in brain may have burst from response to srs. So it’s been a long 2 or 3 months of feeling like crap. Feel great right now and just going one appointment to next, body continues to be clear. Thanks for all info everyone has been posting and support we all give each other.

Jamie

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Wow Jamie.  You've had a hell of a few months.  So glad to hear you are feeling great now.  Hope that continues for you.  Thanks for updating us.

Brian

jamieth29
            Participant
              Thanks Brian good to hear from you.
              jamieth29
              Participant
                jamieth29
                Participant
                BrianP
                Participant

Wow Jamie.  You've had a hell of a few months.  So glad to hear you are feeling great now.  Hope that continues for you.  Thanks for updating us.

Brian

BrianP
                  Participant

Brian

JoshF
                    Participant

Great to hear from you Jaimie!! Even better to hear you're doing better Praying for continued better days ahead!! 

Josh

jamieth29
                        Participant
                          Thanks Josh,I’ve been following what’s going on with and hope the best for you. It’s so hard with the young kids and all like we’ve talked about before. Stay strong and kick some ass!
                          jamieth29
                          Participant
                            Thanks Josh,I’ve been following what’s going on with and hope the best for you. It’s so hard with the young kids and all like we’ve talked about before. Stay strong and kick some ass!
                            jamieth29
                            Participant
                            JoshF
                            Participant

Great to hear from you Jaimie!! Even better to hear you're doing better Praying for continued better days ahead!! 

Josh

JoshF
                              Participant

Josh

Swanee
                                Participant

Glad you're still here with us Jamie and thank you for the update.  Sorry to hear of your hellish past few months, you are a true fighter and a survivor, I can't believe what you have endured and still willing to try more.  Thanks for posting and staying in touch, it does so much for everyone fighting melanoma  to hear of these brave and courageous battles and hear of good places many of us get to.  Wishing you peace and rest and a miraculous recovery from all your hard work…..hopefully a NED status for a forever long time:)

Swanee

Swanee
                                  Participant

Glad you're still here with us Jamie and thank you for the update.  Sorry to hear of your hellish past few months, you are a true fighter and a survivor, I can't believe what you have endured and still willing to try more.  Thanks for posting and staying in touch, it does so much for everyone fighting melanoma  to hear of these brave and courageous battles and hear of good places many of us get to.  Wishing you peace and rest and a miraculous recovery from all your hard work…..hopefully a NED status for a forever long time:)

Swanee

jamieth29
                                      Participant
                                        Thank you very much Swanee
                                        jamieth29
                                        Participant
                                          jamieth29
                                          Participant
                                          Swanee
                                          Participant

Swanee

rosa1
                                            Participant

Wow Jamie, you have been through so much, you're a real fighter!  I pray for continued healing and that those little buggars shrink away to nothing.

Rosa

rosa1
                                              Participant

Wow Jamie, you have been through so much, you're a real fighter!  I pray for continued healing and that those little buggars shrink away to nothing.

Rosa

rosa1
                                                Participant

Rosa

keepthefaith11
                                                  Participant
                                                    Jamie, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like you have been through one rough ride. My dad just got diagnosed with 13 small brain mets and if you don’t mind me asking a few questions about your journey.

Did they start the BRAF inhibitors before you did the SRS?
                                                    What made them switch to immunotherapy?
                                                    Also, did you do the BRAF/MEK combo or BRAF by itself?

Thank you Jamie and wishing you the best!

Annie

keepthefaith11
                                                    Participant
                                                      Jamie, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like you have been through one rough ride. My dad just got diagnosed with 13 small brain mets and if you don’t mind me asking a few questions about your journey.

Annie

jamieth29
                                                        Participant
                                                          Hi Annie,
                                                          As soon as we found out about the brain mets we immediately started nivo. About a week later I had srs. After about 8 weeks on nivo i had some small spots appear on my leg where I’ve had some in transit spots before so they were not sure if nivo was working. We then decided to switch to ipi/nivo combo and I received 1 dose and then had mri that showed 1 new brain met so then pulled me off that because they wanted to try and stop progression. I was on braf/mek last year and became Ned so they thought a quick response was needed. So yes I went on braf/mek combo and new brain met is not visible on current mri with no srs to that met.
                                                          jamieth29
                                                          Participant
                                                            Hi Annie,
                                                            As soon as we found out about the brain mets we immediately started nivo. About a week later I had srs. After about 8 weeks on nivo i had some small spots appear on my leg where I’ve had some in transit spots before so they were not sure if nivo was working. We then decided to switch to ipi/nivo combo and I received 1 dose and then had mri that showed 1 new brain met so then pulled me off that because they wanted to try and stop progression. I was on braf/mek last year and became Ned so they thought a quick response was needed. So yes I went on braf/mek combo and new brain met is not visible on current mri with no srs to that met.
                                                            jamieth29
                                                            Participant
                                                              Hi Annie,
                                                            keepthefaith11
                                                            Participant

Annie

jenny22
                                                              Participant

Jamie,

So happy to see your post…I have been wondering how you were doing. So sorry to hear its been such a rough ride the last few months…BUT still so happy to hear from you and that you are feeling better.

I hope you continue to feel better…please keep us posted and stay in touch!!!!!!

Best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                Participant

Jamie,

So happy to see your post…I have been wondering how you were doing. So sorry to hear its been such a rough ride the last few months…BUT still so happy to hear from you and that you are feeling better.

I hope you continue to feel better…please keep us posted and stay in touch!!!!!!

Best,

jenny

jamieth29
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Thanks Jenny good to hear from you also!
                                                                      jamieth29
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        jamieth29
                                                                        Participant
                                                                        jenny22
                                                                        Participant

Jamie,

Best,

jenny

Bubbles
                                                                          Participant

That's been some melanoma madness! Hang in there! Celeste

Bubbles
                                                                            Participant

Bubbles
                                                                              Participant

jamieth29
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Your right it was madness the weird part is i guess I didn’t realize I was that sick from meds just kept trucking.
                                                                                    jamieth29
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      Your right it was madness the weird part is i guess I didn’t realize I was that sick from meds just kept trucking.
                                                                                      jamieth29
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                      Mat
                                                                                      Participant

Jamie, sorry to hear about the recent challenges–but glad to hear that you're doing well!

Mat
                                                                                        Participant

Jamie, sorry to hear about the recent challenges–but glad to hear that you're doing well!

Mat
                                                                                          Participant

jamieth29
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                Thanks Matt been following your posts,glad everything is stable. Ipi/nivo is probably my next move or trial.
                                                                                                jamieth29
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                  Thanks Matt been following your posts,glad everything is stable. Ipi/nivo is probably my next move or trial.
                                                                                                  jamieth29
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                  ed williams
                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Jamie, wow what an adventure!!!!  Melanoma is like going to a fun park when you are a kid, and you have convinced yourself that you won't be scared on the ride called the Zipper( I was 12 years old)  and by about 30 seconds in you are praying for the ride to stop!!!! Best Wishes!!!Ed

jamieth29
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        Haha great analogy Ed.
                                                                                                        jamieth29
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          Haha great analogy Ed.
                                                                                                          jamieth29
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            Haha great analogy Ed.
                                                                                                            Maria C
                                                                                                            Participant

I agree Ed. I hate carnival rides and this is the worst one I've ever been on. Can we jump off? Ready, set, DON'T GO! Hang on!! We have to believe it'll be over soon (or at the very least, we'll get a 3-month break)….

Maria C
                                                                                                              Participant

I agree Ed. I hate carnival rides and this is the worst one I've ever been on. Can we jump off? Ready, set, DON'T GO! Hang on!! We have to believe it'll be over soon (or at the very least, we'll get a 3-month break)….

Maria C
                                                                                                                Participant

ed williams
                                                                                                                Participant

Hi Jamie, wow what an adventure!!!!  Melanoma is like going to a fun park when you are a kid, and you have convinced yourself that you won't be scared on the ride called the Zipper( I was 12 years old)  and by about 30 seconds in you are praying for the ride to stop!!!! Best Wishes!!!Ed

ed williams
                                                                                                                  Participant

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics