The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Starting Yervoy today

Forums General Melanoma Community Starting Yervoy today

Participant

Well the day is here. I will get first round of Yervoy today. To say that I am scared would be an understatement! Lol any extra prayers would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!! 

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Prayers, good thoughts, whatever you want you got 'em.  Hoping everything goes well – please post some updates when you feel like it.

Fen

mkirkland
            Participant

Thank u!! We are finally getting started. I will definitely post updates! 

mkirkland
              Participant

mkirkland
                Participant

Fen
                Participant

Prayers, good thoughts, whatever you want you got 'em.  Hoping everything goes well – please post some updates when you feel like it.

Fen

Fen
                  Participant

Fen

AshleyS
                    Participant

Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones with no side effects! Good luck! Prayers!

Ashley 

mkirkland
                        Participant

Thanks Ashley! Gosh i sure hope so!! We are getting started now. 

mkirkland
                          Participant

mkirkland
                            Participant

AshleyS
                            Participant

Ashley 

AshleyS
                              Participant

Ashley 

mjanssentx
                                Participant

What dosage are they giving you?

Best wishes…Michel

mjanssentx
                                  Participant

Best wishes…Michel

mkirkland
                                      Participant

I am only doing 3mg dosage. Thank u for the well wishes!! 

mkirkland
                                        Participant

mkirkland
                                          Participant

mjanssentx
                                          Participant

Best wishes…Michel

BrianP
                                            Participant

Prayers coming your way! 

BrianP
                                              Participant

Prayers coming your way! 

mkirkland
                                                  Participant

Thank u Brian!! 

mkirkland
                                                    Participant

Thank u Brian!! 

mkirkland
                                                      Participant

Thank u Brian!! 

BrianP
                                                      Participant

Prayers coming your way! 

gregor913
                                                        Participant
                                                          Good luck your young strong and will get through it. I’m still waiting for my approval but my doctor wants me on the 10mg dose. I like to think of the preventative treatment as overkill and hopefully it’s out of your body already. Best of luck. Greg
                                                          gregor913
                                                          Participant
                                                            Good luck your young strong and will get through it. I’m still waiting for my approval but my doctor wants me on the 10mg dose. I like to think of the preventative treatment as overkill and hopefully it’s out of your body already. Best of luck. Greg
                                                            gregor913
                                                            Participant
                                                                mkirkland
                                                                Participant

Thanks Greg! Best of luck to you as well. Please keep me posted on your treatment. I hope it goes as good as possible.

mkirkland
                                                                  Participant

Thanks Greg! Best of luck to you as well. Please keep me posted on your treatment. I hope it goes as good as possible.

mkirkland
                                                                    Participant

gregor913
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Approved for 10mg. I start monday. I’m young and strong. Looking forward to it.
                                                                        mkirkland
                                                                        Participant

You are going to do great! Please stay in touch with how it's going.

mkirkland
                                                                          Participant

mkirkland
                                                                            Participant

gregor913
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                gregor913
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                jbronicki
                                                                                Participant

Best of luck!  That is scary, but hopefully everything will go far smoother then you expect and the anxiety will lessen!  Prayers!

jbronicki
                                                                                  Participant

Best of luck!  That is scary, but hopefully everything will go far smoother then you expect and the anxiety will lessen!  Prayers!

mkirkland
                                                                                      Participant

Thanks Jackie!! I appreciate it so much. I feel much better today just getting that first IV of drugs over with.

mkirkland
                                                                                        Participant

Thanks Jackie!! I appreciate it so much. I feel much better today just getting that first IV of drugs over with.

mkirkland
                                                                                          Participant

jbronicki
                                                                                          Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                                            Participant

Good luck! I got my first Yervoy infusion a week ago and so far I've just been tired, no other side effects have come up, so I am keeping my fingers crossed it continues that way and I hope you have a similar experience of little side effects!

All the best, 

Jenn

jennunicorn
                                                                                              Participant

Good luck! I got my first Yervoy infusion a week ago and so far I've just been tired, no other side effects have come up, so I am keeping my fingers crossed it continues that way and I hope you have a similar experience of little side effects!

All the best, 

Jenn

jennunicorn
                                                                                                Participant

All the best, 

Jenn

mkirkland
                                                                                                    Participant

That is great news Jenn! I sure hope yours continues just like that!! I go back 1/11 for round 2. Hope your next round goes smooth!

mkirkland
                                                                                                      Participant

That is great news Jenn! I sure hope yours continues just like that!! I go back 1/11 for round 2. Hope your next round goes smooth!

mkirkland
                                                                                                        Participant

jamieth29
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          Hope things go well!
                                                                                                          jamieth29
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            Hope things go well!
                                                                                                            jamieth29
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              Hope things go well!
                                                                                                          Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics