The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Starting treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Starting treatment

Participant

My CT scan just over a week ago revealed that the tumours on my liver and in my lungs have increased in size, plus there is other new stuff. I have been turned down for Ipilimumab on compassionate grounds because of other health problems so I'm starting carboplatin on Tuesday, plus the injection in my stomach to boost white blood cells the day after.

Janet 

My CT scan just over a week ago revealed that the tumours on my liver and in my lungs have increased in size, plus there is other new stuff. I have been turned down for Ipilimumab on compassionate grounds because of other health problems so I'm starting carboplatin on Tuesday, plus the injection in my stomach to boost white blood cells the day after.

Janet 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Janet, 

Best of luck!  Keep us posted!  Are you looking for other options as well?

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Sharon in Reno
            Participant

Janet,

I'm so sorry those suckers are growing again. I'm putting them on my "sap them back to hell" prayer list. Please stock up on pain meds. I know you don't want to get hooked on them but trust me…,bite the bullet on this one. About 3-4 days after your white blood cell booster shot your bones are gonna start screaming (I know everyone's different so this might not happen, fingers crossed). My pain seems to go where my weakest link is, like my lower back always gives me problems and that's excatly where my pain wants to go to first. I surrendered to pain meds a month ago and 'em so glad I did. Eat well, rest, get some funny moives, take pain meds, you'll be fine, you can do this…fight….love, Sharon in Reno Stage IV

Janet2
              Participant

Thanks to Sharon and King for their messages and for Sharon's advice — much appreciated. I am not looking at other options at the moment regarding treatment as I've already found out I do not have the necessary mutation for  Mek inhibitors. I'm in the UK and we have limited trials. However I seem to find out more from people on this forum and that is why I asked my oncologist to find out Ipilimumab.
                Janet

Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics