The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Starting a new treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Starting a new treatment

Participant
      Hey Everybody,

Hope you are all doing well and staying strong!

After exactly 10 months of paper work, we finally received the famous combo treatment Tafinlar/Mek. It arrived just in time as we have just witnessed a major progression on Zelboraf. I know that sounds a lot like 2012 for you guys, but this is as fashionable as it gets for Melanoma treatments where we live.

So mama is starting with the new combo next Tuesday, and also doing couple of radiotherapy sessions to hopefully conquer the newly developed Mets in the bone.

I know many of you have been through this combo, so experiences, tips and tricks, motivation will be awesome!

I love you,
      S.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Christiane29
        Participant
          Hello Summer,

I’m on this combo since April. From time to time I have some fevers one day in a month), a little bit of daily fatigue but not too much. All in all iam tolerating the side effects very well.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes for you and may the treatment work for your mum. 🙂

Summer S.
            Participant
              Hello Christine

Am so happy to hear it is working well for you and side effects are tolerable, I hope it keeps working and does miracles for you.

Love,
              S.

Summer S.
              Participant
                And yes it really helps, sharing stories helps me with getting some idea of what to expect. Thaaanks!
              sks2019
              Participant
                Good luck for the new combo and Hopefully this kicks it all out. Which part of the world are you from ?
                  Summer S.
                  Participant
                    Thanks dear,

Africa, melanoma is super rare here!

Summer S.
                    Participant
                      I am also following your mom’s journey with iPi and wishing you all the best/ sending thoughts and love, please keep us updated 🙂
                    obtu.bt
                    Participant
                      Hi I am on taf mek combo for 3 months only and tumors are shrinked about 7 times. Side effects are manage able I had fever in first 6 weeks then finlshed. Currently I just have less energy then before but still working full time and playing with my 2 daughters every night. I wish you all the best in this fight
                        Summer S.
                        Participant
                          That is great news!
                          I am so happy it is working all so well for you, and I hope it wipes all your melanoma away

Thanks for sharing your experience with me, let’s stay strong

Viewing 2 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics