The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Started ipi reinduction- almost a week after gamma knife

Forums General Melanoma Community Started ipi reinduction- almost a week after gamma knife

Participant

Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know who started ipi after finishing gamma knife?  I know Kyle is one of the people, so I wanted to know if there is anyone else?  I havn't had any steroids and I don't want to take any as I know it could mess up the ipi.  I might have to though, cause I do feel a bit of weakness in my right hand and it's quite possible it's the edema and I don't ever know if the ipi is causing inflammation.  I'm really hoping that ipi this time around keeps any other tumours growing and thankfully, I'm going every 2 months.

Thanks,

Lisa

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lisa13
        Participant

Oops, for people like Linda, were your symptoms of edema be very much like other symptoms of brain mets (balance, etc. etc)? 

lhaley
            Participant

Lisa,

I am finally off of the steroids!  Yeah!!!  I still have some issues from I but haven't been off from a week yet.  I had a little balance when walking from the first week that was diagnosed but I also had bleeding. The edema basically caused me problems with pressure in the head and problems with the double vision and colors coming from the eyes.  I did have problems on one side of the body where it was numb but that would only occur a few times when I was trying to wean from the steroids and didn't know about the edema.  

I know you are avoiding the steroids and I don't blame you.  Draw a picture of your body.  Twice a day write on your diagram and write if you are having any issues. At the end of the week compare each day.  I know this sounds strange but the edema (at least for me) started to confuse the problems I was having and when. Of course I was already on the steroids and it was even confusing me more.   If you have it written down you can see if you have any differences.  Sometimes written in black and white helps you make some decisions.

When I was originally diagnosed they could see the edema already started before I was even started!  While you have to be given the steroids if there are to many problems but now my worries have started about my next scan when all of my immune system has been gone.  I have been improving but so much more for my body to heal.

Good luck!  You know the last two responded so I'm sure these will also. 

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Lisa,

I am finally off of the steroids!  Yeah!!!  I still have some issues from I but haven't been off from a week yet.  I had a little balance when walking from the first week that was diagnosed but I also had bleeding. The edema basically caused me problems with pressure in the head and problems with the double vision and colors coming from the eyes.  I did have problems on one side of the body where it was numb but that would only occur a few times when I was trying to wean from the steroids and didn't know about the edema.  

I know you are avoiding the steroids and I don't blame you.  Draw a picture of your body.  Twice a day write on your diagram and write if you are having any issues. At the end of the week compare each day.  I know this sounds strange but the edema (at least for me) started to confuse the problems I was having and when. Of course I was already on the steroids and it was even confusing me more.   If you have it written down you can see if you have any differences.  Sometimes written in black and white helps you make some decisions.

When I was originally diagnosed they could see the edema already started before I was even started!  While you have to be given the steroids if there are to many problems but now my worries have started about my next scan when all of my immune system has been gone.  I have been improving but so much more for my body to heal.

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

Lisa,

Linda

Lisa13
                Participant

Oops, for people like Linda, were your symptoms of edema be very much like other symptoms of brain mets (balance, etc. etc)? 

Lisa13
                  Participant

triciad
                    Participant

Lisa,

I have no information for you, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck!  You are a true inspiration, so keep up the fight!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                      Participant

Lisa,

I have no information for you, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck!  You are a true inspiration, so keep up the fight!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                        Participant

Lisa,

Tricia

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics